test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

The Conte Thread

Started by Special Juan,

6,202 posts in this topic
13 hours ago, coolhead23 said:

Hahahahaha, Irony of life ... we are all dependent on some or the other things :)

Without the media, we also wouldnt have anyone to criticize. 

Without the fans, not a single one of them would be getting a penny. Not a player, not a referee, not a physio, not a commentator, not a commercial director, not a manager, and not a journo. None of them.

3 hours ago, Henrique said:

In terms of relation with the press Conte is easily the most stupid Chelsea coach of Abramovich era

You're stretching it mate, not 'easily'. For me Mourinho 2.0 was a disaster in terms of media handling.

kellzfresh likes this

4 hours ago, Henrique said:

he was the one demanding more players in press conferences, he was the one clearly unhappy that Matic was sold (instead of praising Bakayoko). 

Facts have shown that Conte was totally right.Chelsea bench is very limited.

the wes and Reddish-Blue like this

10 hours ago, AlesJuve said:

Facts have shown that Conte was totally right.Chelsea bench is very limited.

The board has let Conte down this season so far I'm hoping the board do something in January window 

14 hours ago, Henrique said:

In terms of relation with the press Conte is easily the most stupid Chelsea coach of Abramovich era.

Strongly disagree. Mourinho was much much worse. Couldn't stand the guy on the sacking season.

Johnnyeye, 11Drogba and kellzfresh like this

41 minutes ago, Mana said:

Strongly disagree. Mourinho was much much worse. Couldn't stand the guy on the sacking season.

Yeah. Actually Mou did a lot of damage to our image and Conte fixed it in his first season. Conte's handling of media in previous season was flawless imo.

11Drogba and Johnnyeye like this

2 hours ago, the wes said:

The board has let Conte down this season so far I'm hoping the board do something in January window 

Board couldn't do much summer and you expect to be good in January? Your having a laugh! 

Johnnyeye likes this

3 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Board couldn't do much summer and you expect to be good in January? Your having a laugh! 

He didn't say he expected it. He said he hoped for it, and I bet you do too. I know I do.

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

your probably right I'm just being Wishful thinking 

Fernando likes this

16 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Without the fans, not a single one of them would be getting a penny. Not a player, not a referee, not a physio, not a commentator, not a commercial director, not a manager, and not a journo. None of them.

That what I mention, we all are dependent on each other

I don¬īt know if he decides how to take corner kicks, but he should tell the players to stop with these ridiculous, ineffective short corners. This bothers me since the start of the season and again tonight, even though Willian scored in the end. I can¬īt figure out why the likes of Fabregas, Willian and Hazard keep playing around the corner flag¬†instead of crossing the ball in the box. I mean we have guys like Cahill in the team, who scored like 5 headers last season..

Tautvix likes this

3 hours ago, manpe said:

In January we'll have the annual excuse of waiting for the summer for the "right targets" to become available (the real reason being that we are not ready to pay inflated prices mid-season), and then when the summer comes we fail with the right targets and eventually panic buy somebody who we could have bought in January. The summer window will be shorter this time, it closes right about when Marina returns from her vacation so expect even more disappointments.

Sums it up!!! 

Shorter summer be interesting..least less time to piss around and mess it up

manpe and 11Drogba like this

1 hour ago, Beigl said:

I don¬īt know if he decides how to take corner kicks, but he should tell the players to stop with these ridiculous, ineffective short corners. This bothers me since the start of the season and again tonight, even though Willian scored in the end. I can¬īt figure out why the likes of Fabregas, Willian and Hazard keep playing around the corner flag¬†instead of crossing the ball in the box. I mean we have guys like Cahill in the team, who scored like 5 headers last season..

But on the other hand, whenever we do just hit corners into the box, it'll more often than not hit the first man or be comfortable for the opposition to do well. Don't think either approach is bad. It's just the execution of it. It's like we don't even practice any of them.

11Drogba and kellzfresh like this

7 hours ago, Beigl said:

I don't think our short corners are that ineffective. Pedro scored from a short corner recently and i can remember several times where Fabregas and Hazard created good opportunities from short corners. 

Tomo likes this

16 hours ago, Belgiannutt said:

I don't think our short corners are that ineffective. Pedro scored from a short corner recently and i can remember several times where Fabregas and Hazard created good opportunities from short corners. 

I actually prefer short corner's, how often are genuine chances created from corners straight into the box? I never worry when we concede one nor get exicted when we win one. When was the last time we conceded from a corner that was launched straight into the box? Think it was Conte's first match incharge vs West Ham.

13 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I actually prefer short corner's, how often are genuine chances created from corners straight into the box? I never worry when we concede one nor get exicted when we win one. When was the last time we conceded from a corner that was launched straight into the box? Think it was Conte's first match incharge vs West Ham.

Same. Especially when it's Hazard and Cesc taking them because they're so unpredictable with the ball. Less likely for the ball to bounce in a freakish way off someone's head and launching our opponents into a counter attack. Most importantly, it immedietly puts the ball at the feet of our most dangerous players rather than hoping a cross connects with one of our guys.

FabHazard and Tomo like this

After listening to Contes comments complaining about how we are training 70% less than last season, I think that is what is causing the inconsistency in our play.

Conte's style is to train and force down patterns of play into the players, till the master all the patterns and way to play in all given situations. But unfortunately, we have only 2 days training sessions compared to the 4-5 days we used to have last season. So conte no longer has the time to train the players to prepare for all situations (absorbing pressing pressure, defending, attacking, control or counters) so it is more instinct from the players this season, when it used to be drilled in training last season.

Maybe Conte should abandon training on the 3-5-2 for now and use just the 3-4-3 which most of the players are already accustomed to, so that we can master one formation first even if it has its disadvantages. 

And that's how you know our players aren't good enough, generally. The very best players barely even need instruction, and it is their instinct which makes them world class, the likes of Xabi Alonso, Puyol, Terry, Suarez. You could've banned them from training and they'd still turn in top performances most games. I don't like that our players are more like boys than men.

Edit: To elaborate - Even when the coach is trying to instil very particular routines into the team, the very best players can miss those lessons, come into the game next week, and through their own intelligence figure out after 5 minutes of play what sort of runs, tempo & such his teammates are using. Great players study the game, and play games in their mind even on rest days. Our players don't seem to take that sort of initiative. If they did, we'd know about it. There certainly are players, young ones too, mainly in the other leagues, who show in their performances that they understand all the fundamentals of all the positions on the pitch. They help their teammates by understanding their teammates. By watching, listening, copying, complimenting. Does Cahill understand Morata? Does Alonso understand Azpilicueta? I don't think so.

They're not all hopeless though. Some of our players don't lack that deep understanding: Fabregas, Pedro, Azpilicueta. They see the whole game; 2 of them are simply past it physically.