The Conte Thread

We have really gone from the highs of winning the PL under Conte's first season to becoming a joke in the last 2 months right from Conte sending out the text to Costa ... to lack of adding quality players ... to selling our potentials ... to adding depth to our rivals ... to screwing up in the first game.

Hope we are at rock bottom now and there is some silver lining right ahead so that everyone's morale gets lift  

10 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Costa interview makes him look a bit bad.

Seems like Costa was willing to stay in the end,but conte wouldnt have it.

He will have to address the media about this soon.

So, you want someone to take the first step toward walking on eggshells for a player who also wanted to leave the club for months?

Logic makes no sense whatsoever.

8 hours ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

I actually agree with this.

The lack of signings shouldn't have effected yesterday's match. But you cannot deny the lack of signings moving forward has made next weeks match much more harder than it needed to be.

But by bringing on another CB, Conte just gifted Burnley a 2v1 numerical superiority on the wings. It was that decision right there, along with the lost tempers from many players that truly lost us the match. 

It was no surprise that after he brought Morata on, and shifted to a back 4, that we began to impose ourselves much more.

Just look at what City did when they fell to 10 men vs Burnley last season. Kept it as a 4-1-3-1, but their back 4 was much more fluid. It was a back 3 during buildup, but then reverted back to its normal shape once possesion was established. We only did this once Morata was brought on. 

Why are you even wasting time analyzing the first match of the season where we were down a man early? Be happy about how well new players played, how Michy demonstrated his lack of ability while the window is still open and the fact that no one was seriously injured in a thin squad.

12 hours ago, Tomo said:

If he has behaved the way is being reported then he deserves his share of the flak for the the current situation. Klopp and Poch have been "screwed over" by their clubs board aswell but you don't see them going around behaving like school kids.

How has Poch been screwed over?   He gets to keep all of his players at the club and their is still time to add 1-2 decent players as depth. 

As for Klopp, he only lacks options at CB. At least Liverpool signed depth at the LB, Striker spots. 

Too early to judge anything from a disaster first match yesterday. Shit happens, and yesterday was double shit happened at the same time. I believe team will deliver a good performance at Wembley to prove everyone wrong. Come on Chelsea.

1 hour ago, RoyalBlues said:

Too early to judge anything from a disaster first match yesterday. Shit happens, and yesterday was double shit happened at the same time. I believe team will deliver a good performance at Wembley to prove everyone wrong. Come on Chelsea.

We can't play worse than against burnley, can we?

11 hours ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

I actually agree with this.

The lack of signings shouldn't have effected yesterday's match. But you cannot deny the lack of signings moving forward has made next weeks match much more harder than it needed to be.

But by bringing on another CB, Conte just gifted Burnley a 2v1 numerical superiority on the wings. It was that decision right there, along with the lost tempers from many players that truly lost us the match. 

It was no surprise that after he brought Morata on, and shifted to a back 4, that we began to impose ourselves much more.

Just look at what City did when they fell to 10 men vs Burnley last season. Kept it as a 4-1-3-1, but their back 4 was much more fluid. It was a back 3 during buildup, but then reverted back to its normal shape once possesion was established. We only did this once Morata was brought on. 

I agree that by going back to back 5 we looks confused but at the same time, you can see the red card affect the mentality big time. People say player should be more composed, but when you get red card 3 consecutive games, it is hard to be compose

13 hours ago, Henrique said:

Indeed. In my books the collapsing after the team was down to 10 men is all about the manager. Results like that are not coming from lack of quality, but lack of command. Its like the 7-1 result.

Funny how everyone wants to overlook this. We've shown we have no defensive stability whatsoever when we're down to 10 men, not even when playing at home against a small team. Conte is as much to blame as anyone else.

7 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

How has Poch been screwed over?   He gets to keep all of his players at the club and their is still time to add 1-2 decent players as depth. 

As for Klopp, he only lacks options at CB. At least Liverpool signed depth at the LB, Striker spots. 

He's lost a fullback key to his plans and hasn't as of yet been given anyone. He has hinted a few times that he needs depth to maintain the season they have had plus compete in Europe, so far Levy hasn't delivered yet Poch is in a relatively happy state of mind.

Klopp identified two players to truly elevate Liverpool into title challengers and hasn't got either, in a similar situation we would have been blasting the board left, right and centre.

In terms of player recruitment we have done better than those two, we have provided Conte with three players he wanted, two of which borderline world class, so that alone makes his childish antics laughable. Yes the depth isn't great at the minute to say the least but our injured players will return at some point and i'm sure wwe will sign a player or two before deadline day.

I am amazed how much pressure from media has been put to Antonio, crazy. Hopefully he will have a good season and things will be stable for a few years, I am sick of all the drama we had in the last couple of years.

30 minutes ago, Tomo said:

He's lost a fullback key to his plans and hasn't as of yet been given anyone. He has hinted a few times that he needs depth to maintain the season they have had plus compete in Europe, so far Levy hasn't delivered yet Poch is in a relatively happy state of mind.

Klopp identified two players to truly elevate Liverpool into title challengers and hasn't got either, in a similar situation we would have been blasting the board left, right and centre.

In terms of player recruitment we have done better than those two, we have provided Conte with three players he wanted, two of which borderline world class, so that alone makes his childish antics laughable. Yes the depth isn't great at the minute to say the least but our injured players will return at some point and i'm sure wwe will sign a player or two before deadline day.

I agree bar the two manchester clubs who can splash cash without any repercussions, we have done better compare to pool N spurs. 

Not sure what kind of antics are you talking about. If you are talking about conte complaining about lack of players, you should have listened how many time he was asked that questions in every interview

11 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

20840757_10210334325543007_629608916303910987_n.thumb.jpg.bc2cb57dbb241345e5726b35c558ced1.jpg

If ture. conte will leave soon.

what the fuck is this blakcmailing? it's like our board is run by arsenal or united board who want to worsen the situation as much as possible. there is 0 logic in this thing.