The Mourinho Thread

Never happening. Spending big in January is stupid anyway. Most winter signings need time to adapt.

It's a window to help fix certain crucial needs. Not signing a fullback would be catastrophic.

Hmmm, a Jorge Jesus avatar.....

Hope that 2 weeks are enough to sort his contract situation.

Voted for yes.

I'm probably the biggest Jose fan boy but you can't help him if he wants it so much. What infuriates me the most is that he didn't see that coming yet internet warriors did. I used a phrase in March or April that even unarmed eye can see problems in the squad and in the team and there are many things that are not rosy. There was me and other guys but honestly it was so obvious I'm not taking pride for that. Yet the guy that has UEFA Pro badge since 1992 and is coaching at the top level for 15 years pretends to be blind, as long as scoreline is good, no matter performance, no matter if you were lucky or not lucky, he thinks everything is alright. He really believed that we were actually that good last season, imagine that ! He should be using PSG matches as a reference where the team is. Instead he decided to ignore that and he is literally abusing this term "champion" like if this is giving special skill and status to the players and make them better. But problems as were previously as are now with or without champion badge on a shirt. The team should be developing all the time. Yet we're resting on our laurels completely, thinking that we already are at the peak and it is our manager who allowed this to happen. So blind. But remember, he can't hear critics over clanging of all his medals !

In attack we look abysmal. We can't interchange few passess, we look way way more like a country who meets every 2 months than a club. No drilled attacking patterns, no triangles, literally like this element wasn't exercised. We rely on individual brillance. This article from ESPN that attacking drills under Mourinho are very basic, as true as it was, it's not discovering much we can't see. Especially our counter-attack looks shocking, the amount of time we did great transition with few passes you can count on both hands and half of that amount is from City game at Etihad in 13-14 season.

Yet our manager looks clueless, he doesn't try anything and I mean anything to change that. We kick ourself in heads. Sort the full-backs at least, how HOW EVERY CLUB AND COUNTRY play with two natural full-backs yet we still can't do that and try Ivanovic at RB and Azplicueta at LB over again ? It's basic thing to give you few new options, there's a reason why every manager does that. But our manager even this can't change. He is so limited in attack it's un-be-liavable.

The idea that we still play with Cahill, Ivanovic and JT in backline never stop to surprise me. We know every of them is limited and every of them needs protection to actually perform and we're in 3rd season and still play with so XX century defensive block. We won't start building attacks from the back when you have backline so vulnerubable for any act of pressing. We will always have Sunderland mentality.

I wrote this before that I think no one from ours attackers actually developed. You can have a case with Hazard but I say he's supreme talent and he had to develop no matter what. Apart from one in generation talent in Hazard, who is better under Mourinho ? You just have to thank us from the whole footballing world that we didn't sign Douglas Costa because now we would call him fraud, another Willian, toothless technican, no end product, overrated. The whole footballing world now have a great player to watch who otherwise would be ruined, devoid of confidence and playing on a right wing with no purpouse. Thank letter from the world of football beckons for Chelsea.

And how I can ignore how big, annoying liar he is ? What's still with all the talk that he picks players based on performance and there's no untouchables ? How stupid I feel when 1,5 years ago I tried to speak to the people that KdB was in already lost cause and Mourinho/Chelsea gave up on him before he gave up on them. He didn't want to fight for his place. Yes, with manager oriented around 12-14 names who alienetes squad players and berefts them of any confidence, literally like he was on exterminate mission.

How you can imagine him being here long-term when he can't identificate problems BEFORE they arise and how you can imagine him being here long-term if he can't rotate ? If he has untouchables, deprive any others of confidence when they feel as low as ever in their carrer. This guy takes it to the whole new level. Now whole squad feels alieneted not just bench players. Why we start pre-season so late ? Because players were fatigued. Why they were fatigued ? Because there was no rotation. Vicious circle. If we were still scraping wins coming into this season Mourinho would again orient around few names and tire them to death.

I'd prepare safe landing. We have to get to top 4 whether is it with Mourinho or no it's different matter. We will make huge signings in winter to save the season.

However there are no sings for him being able to be at the club long-term. When motivation is down you see how limited we are. We can't rely on something we drilled in training because there's nothing there.

We should prepare Jurgen Klopp. He's basically Mourinho 2.0 with pressing, counter-attack, intensity, something Mourinho was known for. He is also great character and personality so we won't lose that either. He integrates youth. He does speak English well. Yes, he had terrible last season but there are few circumstances softening assessment and it was after 6 seasons at the club not 2 ! He also took sabbatical so should be fresh to start again with clear head. Something Mourinho should do btw.

6PcGbpM.gif

Tell me what would those transfers do at the current situation? Who are those transfers that he wanted?

Mouinho biggest failing is getting the best out of his players; almost every midfielder and forward has either stagnated or regressed at Chelsea. The frightening thing is that the longer our players have been exposed to Mou tactics and training the worse they have gotten.

Remember how good Matic was when he arrived? Damn it seems like a distant memory when he had that game against City and had prime Yaya in his pocket. Was a Lion when he came in, and literally the perfect DM he had everything? Now he got shamefully substituted as a sub.

Cesc in his first few months here was so good. Not just his assists but he was genuinely controlling the game. Always on the ball and always looking to receive the pass and passing forward. Now the game just passes by and he avoids the ball, and has been like this for most of last season too. Or Oscar how much promised he showed in his first first season, the boy has stagnated and I know him and many other players are better then they have showed under Mou.

How about the players who have left like KDB, Salah, Cuardado. They have been sensational since leaving Mou and his tactics.

It is honestly disheartening when Chelsea fans or oppositions take a swap at our players. Call Hazard overrated, Oscar shit, Cesc a fraud, Matic a poor mans Carraick. It is simply not true, under a friendlier attacking tactic and training they would be different players.

I really wish our players the best and it would be such a waste for them to continue under Mou. They deserve better.

it doesn't matter who we bring in you simply cannot over look this.

It also seems to prove what many say about his coaching. Sources close to Chelsea players state that, for all the sophistication of most of his training, the drills and plans relating to attack are extremely basic. Last season, it amounted to getting the ball to Hazard and trusting the rest of the attackers to be good enough and clever enough to play off him.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/club/chelsea/363/blog/post/2638970/jose-mourinho-attacking-weakness-has-been-exposed

Voted no. If by January we are will realistiacally long way off TOP4, then I'm afraid the fairytale has ended. Though, I think the biggest mistake Mourinho did was not taking a year or two off from the Real Madrid fiasco. He is burnt out, you can see it form his negative attitude.

Hope that 2 weeks are enough to sort his contract situation.

Voted for yes.

I'm probably the biggest Jose fan boy but you can't help him if he wants it so much. What infuriates me the most is that he didn't see that coming yet internet warriors did. I used a phrase in March or April that even unarmed eye can see problems in the squad and in the team and there are many things that are not rosy. There was me and other guys but honestly it was so obvious I'm not taking pride for that. Yet the guy that has UEFA Pro badge since 1992 and is coaching at the top level for 15 years pretends to be blind, as long as scoreline is good, no matter performance, no matter if you were lucky or not lucky, he thinks everything is alright. He really believed that we were actually that good last season, imagine that ! He should be using PSG matches as a reference where the team is. Instead he decided to ignore that and he is literally abusing this term "champion" like if this is giving special skill and status to the players and make them better. But problems as were previously as are now with or without champion badge on a shirt. The team should be developing all the time. Yet we're resting on our laurels completely, thinking that we already are at the peak and it is our manager who allowed this to happen. So blind. But remember, he can't hear critics over clanging of all his medals !

In attack we look abysmal. We can't interchange few passess, we look way way more like a country who meets every 2 months than a club. No drilled attacking patterns, no triangles, literally like this element wasn't exercised. We rely on individual brillance. This article from ESPN that attacking drills under Mourinho are very basic, as true as it was, it's not discovering much we can't see. Especially our counter-attack looks shocking, the amount of time we did great transition with few passes you can count on both hands and half of that amount is from City game at Etihad in 13-14 season.

Yet our manager looks clueless, he doesn't try anything and I mean anything to change that. We kick ourself in heads. Sort the full-backs at least, how HOW EVERY CLUB AND COUNTRY play with two natural full-backs yet we still can't do that and try Ivanovic at RB and Azplicueta at LB over again ? It's basic thing to give you few new options, there's a reason why every manager does that. But our manager even this can't change. He is so limited in attack it's un-be-liavable.

The idea that we still play with Cahill, Ivanovic and JT in backline never stop to surprise me. We know every of them is limited and every of them needs protection to actually perform and we're in 3rd season and still play with so XX century defensive block. We won't start building attacks from the back when you have backline so vulnerubable for any act of pressing. We will always have Sunderland mentality.

I wrote this before that I think no one from ours attackers actually developed. You can have a case with Hazard but I say he's supreme talent and he had to develop no matter what. Apart from one in generation talent in Hazard, who is better under Mourinho ? You just have to thank us from the whole footballing world that we didn't sign Douglas Costa because now we would call him fraud, another Willian, toothless technican, no end product, overrated. The whole footballing world now have a great player to watch who otherwise would be ruined, devoid of confidence and playing on a right wing with no purpouse. Thank letter from the world of football beckons for Chelsea.

And how I can ignore how big, annoying liar he is ? What's still with all the talk that he picks players based on performance and there's no untouchables ? How stupid I feel when 1,5 years ago I tried to speak to the people that KdB was in already lost cause and Mourinho/Chelsea gave up on him before he gave up on them. He didn't want to fight for his place. Yes, with manager oriented around 12-14 names who alienetes squad players and berefts them of any confidence, literally like he was on exterminate mission.

How you can imagine him being here long-term when he can't identificate problems BEFORE they arise and how you can imagine him being here long-term if he can't rotate ? If he has untouchables, deprive any others of confidence when they feel as low as ever in their carrer. This guy takes it to the whole new level. Now whole squad feels alieneted not just bench players. Why we start pre-season so late ? Because players were fatigued. Why they were fatigued ? Because there was no rotation. Vicious circle. If we were still scraping wins coming into this season Mourinho would again orient around few names and tire them to death.

I'd prepare safe landing. We have to get to top 4 whether is it with Mourinho or no it's different matter. We will make huge signings in winter to save the season.

However there are no sings for him being able to be at the club long-term. When motivation is down you see how limited we are. We can't rely on something we drilled in training because there's nothing there.

We should prepare Jurgen Klopp. He's basically Mourinho 2.0 with pressing, counter-attack, intensity, something Mourinho was known for. He is also great character and personality so we won't lose that either. He integrates youth. He does speak English well. Yes, he had terrible last season but there are few circumstances softening assessment and it was after 6 seasons at the club not 2 ! He also took sabbatical so should be fresh to start again with clear head. Something Mourinho should do btw.

I've never wanted to believe that but Mourinho constantly emphasising 'passion, desire, motivation, balls' when discussing performances pretty much says it all. That's the cornerstone of his coaching.

Good post btw. That part about the attacking players is particularly damning. Mata, De Bruyne, Salah, Cuadrado all looked so poor for Chelsea under Mourinho but so much better elsewhere. At least Schurrle isn't doing much better at Wolfsburg.

Oscar and Willian decent with no signs of improving. Hazard would indeed do well and improve whether his manager's name is Mourinho, Van Gaal or Luis Enrique.

Jury is still out on Pedro but his qualities aren't being utilised at all at the moment. Why is he dribbling so much and receiving the ball (in his feet) in isolated positions so often?

Rumors coming from DM are reporting he survied a meeting:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3259268/Jose-Mourinho-survives-meeting-Chelsea-board-not-sacked-despite-poor-start-season.html

If thats true, it means the board is thinking about sacking, if that was not the case, there was no reason for the meeting.

When your are doing a bad job and there is meeting with your boss where is said your job is safe, your boss is basically saying: we believe you can fix this mess, otherwise you are fired.

With the current form, Mourinho will be lucky to even survive untill december.

Unless we start winning of course, in which case this will all blow over.

If it were any other manager he would be gone by now. He's surviving clearly on his previous rep at this club.

But then again considering all he's done here over the years maybe he deserves a get out of jail free card. So long as the results begin to improve or the players at least look like they're gonna get up off their arses.

I feel like Klopp needs another managerial position before he steps up to the Madrid/Barcelona/Chelsea's of the world. See if he can adapt to another league and still demonstrate the same attributes that made him a success at Dortmund

We're not at Madrid or Barcelona level tbh.

That is not stability, this is not true.

Stability cannot be attributed to players or managers... They have a relatively short football life-span while clubs last for many generations. For instance, Mourinho coaches for a tad more than 10 years while the club exist for more than 100 years. Players and managers come and go and their profiles change just as regularly. How can such unstable elements bring stability to an entity that out-life them ? They do not and they cannot.

Stability is not human flesh, this is a concept. A concept that transcends players, managers and even presidents. Actually, stability is none other than a clearly identified identity. Barcelona is the perfect example. In ten years they had four managers : Pep, Tito, Tata, Enrique. The players have also changed : only Iniesta, Messi, Alves and Piqué are remaining from Pep's first season. Despite the changes in players, in managers and in presidents, during all these years Barça enjoyed success — aside of Tata's season (where he still was not that far away from winning the league). And they did so while playing with the same identity. Of course their game changed a little bit from year to year. Yet its identity remained the same, i.e. an offensive and good-looking game based upon a highly technical group of players where the collective is greater than the individuality and a desire to do their game no matter the opposition. This clearly identified identity is a major aspect of their constant succes in the last decade, because this identity is shared from the academy to the first team players, and from the supporters to the presidents. That is stability.

Another example : Arsenal and Wenger. During the last decade of his management at Arsenal, the club went from the Invincibles, to a group of teenagers trying to emulate Barcelona, to the actual group of mediocre mid-twenty players that pride itself in finishing fourth. That is not stability. That is a roller-coaster in terms of identity and in terms of results.

Let's go back to Chelsea. Where is the stability ? Where is the identity ? We went from an "ok" game, to a delightful game, to an ugly game, to.... The 16th place. It has also been — and still is — a roller-coaster. If there was no stability since Roman took over, that is not because he sacked managers every new moon. That is because we hired managers that had nothing to do with each other and because we bought players for the sake of it, without any policy. In other words, we were unstable because we did not have any identity. And funnily enough, since the Torres debacle we are trying to build an identity (we mainly bought young, dynamic and up-coming players that are at least decent with the ball)... but it is all going up into smoke as we are speaking.

Right now, the only stable element at the club — in regards to the sportive side — is Ivanovic's starting spot. Sacking Mourinho will only make one thing unstable : Ivanovic's starting spot.

Preach, brother.