The Mourinho Thread

:lol:

No. It's just infuriating to see Mourinho being so reluctant and stubborn when it comes to using youth players.

:D:D Not quite as infuriating watching rookies fumble where experience matters. I've seen some of our Chelsea youths in those situations of late. We are two-three years away from full integration. I have a feeling that is why there are no long term expensive investments in players, otherwise those players would lend to waste. Experience in the best motha, nothing beats it. No I sometimes look back at games I lost as a coach, One lousy decision has cost me a game or two, after playing brilliantly. But I did not lose that many (Thank God) Not that I am bragging, but I consider myself lucky and fortunate enough to have trained under the best coaches in the world. If I knew what I know now, my head would have been in the clouds.

:D:D Not quite as infuriating watching rookies fumble where experience matters. I've seen some of our Chelsea youths in those situations of late. We are two-three years away from full integration. I have a feeling that is why there are no long term expensive investments in players, otherwise those players would lend to waste. Experience in the best motha, nothing beats it. No I sometimes look back at games I lost as a coach, One lousy decision has cost me a game or two, after playing brilliantly. But I did not lose that many (Thank God) Not that I am bragging, but I consider myself lucky and fortunate enough to have trained under the best coaches in the world. If I knew what I know now, my head would have been in the clouds.

suspicious-fry.jpg

The way I see it is I wouldn't want any other manager behind us.

Yeah OK right now I'm not chuffed about how things are but its because I put Mou up on a pedestal and I'm just not used to having bad thoughts about him.

The way his mind works theres got to be some meaning to his madness, Just right now Ive got no fuckin clue what hes playing at. All we can do is guess.

But if we fuck up this season I cant imagine him doing it 2 in a row which means next year the world is ours. And if it means we go through a cycle like that while hes with us I could live with it. Whatever we do I'm going to be there shouting my damn fool head off.

Meh_zpsu2vfptj2.gif

True but just because Mourinho is the manager and knows more, it doesn't mean he's always right (especially in regards to integrating youth players where his record has been poor). He is human after all...

Which great young players has he failed to integrate?

It may seem premature but with this new deal, it shows the board is willing to back Mourinho this season and beyond regardless of what might happen (unless something catastrophic happens like we got relegated or something). Granted, Mourinho needs to change some of his ways a little bit but at least we won't be complaining about the board being impatient and wanting to sack the manager at the first sign of trouble.

This trigger happy Roman thing was always a lazy ridden cliche.

He wanted stability in the dugout as much as the average fan, the bit where both parties separated however is the average fan wanted us to give any Tom, Dick and Harry time for the sake/chance of stability whereas Roman wanted the right man for it.

That's why this Jose sacked if he doesn't win nothing talk is lunacy, with us seemingly going down the penny pinching route a competent manager is even more important than it was circa 04-12, another Scolari like fuck up could set us back years.

He will have to drop out of the top 4 or stagnate the team badly for Jose getting sacked to even be a remote consideration, else he has this job for as long as he wants it.

I'm sure it won't be a popular opinion, but I'm not happy with his contract extension.

His contract was a 3 years deal. After two years he gets a extension. One average season and a PL trophy. No doubt the overall result was good, but was it good enough to justify a new 4 years deal? In my opinion the answer is no, specially after two disastrous eliminations in UCL for two season in a row, both at Stamford Bridge.

Football is really dynamic, and the best time to discuss any kind of new deal was at the end of this season. If the team don't win PL or UCL this season, I really doubt this new deal will prevent a 4th season under pressure.

At the end of the day, this new deal might become no more than some more millions spent with compensation...

This may be Jose's most significant and difficult season in his career going into his 3rd season to defend the PL crown and also do well in the CL for Chelsea. Many haters are dying to see him fail. Im hoping that Jose can win 3 consecutive PL titles and a CL crown within the next 2 seasons to make him an immortal.

He dragged us from 6th place and the Europa League to the title within 2 years. Only our second title since he left the damn club 10 years ago too mind you. How in the christ is that premature? He's taken a team that was struggling badly in the league and essentially living off the CL win and transformed us back into the best team in England.

Our team for the for the final league game of the 2011-12 season (just 3 years ago remember):

----------------------Turnbull-----------------------

--Ivanovic---Terry---Hutchinson---Bertrand--

--------------Essien--------Ramires--------------

-Lukaku-----------Meireles-----------Malouda-

----------------------Sturridge----------------------

Subs: Hilario, Cole, Ferreira, Romeu, Piazon, Drogba, Torres.

Our team now:

--------------------Courtois--------------------

--Ivanovic---Terry---Cahill---Azpilicueta--

------------Matic-------Fabregas-------------

-Willian------------Oscar------------Hazard-

------------------Diego Costa-----------------

Subs: Begovic, Zouma, Mikel, Ramires, Moses, Falcao, Remy.

Look at the difference between those squads (I know we were resting a few people that game but even bringing in Cech, Luiz, Kalou and Lampard don't help the squad look that much better). The difference in strength (and age) is massive.

He definitely deserves the new contract because he is by far the best manager for us at the moment. We are incredibly lcuky to have such a great manager that truly loves the club and its fans as much as we love him. Hopefully he stays for years to come and forms a dynasty here.

First, we did not finish 6th ut 3rd before he came and qualified for the CL every season. Also those lineups are crooked. Your first lineup ever was a b/C-team cos all our main players were rested for the CL final. Easy to compare that with our current team

But that is not even the point. I never denied he fared brilliantly . He is an amazing coach and has done the club a world of good. My point was, his extension was premature. He still has a year on his current contract and the season has not even started. We have not made the changes the squad requires which worries me. We also have not made any tactical switches that would remedy our problems in certain areas, this worries me, too. If I were the board I'd much rather have waited a few months into the season. Only because I still don't completely buy into the idea that, we after having had 10 coaches in as many years, are gonna stick up with consistency like the bores around us and keep a coach for 6+ years. This does not mean I don't believe in Mourinho. I really do. I trust him to make the best of the squad. Better than anyone. But if he does not win any titles, Mourinho will take the blame and his head will roll even though he probably might not even be at fault. And not winning any titles the upcoming season is a possibility with that paper-thin squad.

First, we did not finish 6th ut 3rd before he came and qualified for the CL every season. Also those lineups are crooked. Your first lineup ever was a b/C-team cos all our main players were rested for the CL final. Easy to compare that with our current team

But that is not even the point. I never denied he fared brilliantly . He is an amazing coach and has done the club a world of good. My point was, his extension was premature. He still has a year on his current contract and the season has not even started. We have not made the changes the squad requires which worries me. We also have not made any tactical switches that would remedy our problems in certain areas, this worries me, too. If I were the board I'd much rather have waited a few months into the season. Only because I still don't completely buy into the idea that, we after having had 10 coaches in as many years, are gonna stick up with consistency like the bores around us and keep a coach for 6+ years. This does not mean I don't believe in Mourinho. I really do. I trust him to make the best of the squad. Better than anyone. But if he does not win any titles, Mourinho will take the blame and his head will roll even though he probably might not even be at fault. And not winning any titles the upcoming season is a possibility with that paper-thin squad.

Come off it. You do not believe in the man, nor his abilities. Everything in your post is a doomsday disaster prediction. I've never seen a post so negative about JM and Chelsea's abilities from a Chelsea fan. Lighten up man.

He dragged us from 6th place and the Europa League to the title within 2 years. Only our second title since he left the damn club 10 years ago too mind you. How in the christ is that premature? He's taken a team that was struggling badly in the league and essentially living off the CL win and transformed us back into the best team in England.

Our team for the for the final league game of the 2011-12 season (just 3 years ago remember):

----------------------Turnbull-----------------------

--Ivanovic---Terry---Hutchinson---Bertrand--

--------------Essien--------Ramires--------------

-Lukaku-----------Meireles-----------Malouda-

----------------------Sturridge----------------------

Subs: Hilario, Cole, Ferreira, Romeu, Piazon, Drogba, Torres.

Our team now:

--------------------Courtois--------------------

--Ivanovic---Terry---Cahill---Azpilicueta--

------------Matic-------Fabregas-------------

-Willian------------Oscar------------Hazard-

------------------Diego Costa-----------------

Subs: Begovic, Zouma, Mikel, Ramires, Moses, Falcao, Remy.

Look at the difference between those squads (I know we were resting a few people that game but even bringing in Cech, Luiz, Kalou and Lampard don't help the squad look that much better). The difference in strength (and age) is massive.

He definitely deserves the new contract because he is by far the best manager for us at the moment. We are incredibly lcuky to have such a great manager that truly loves the club and its fans as much as we love him. Hopefully he stays for years to come and forms a dynasty here.

I really don't know what you mean.

Your 2012 line-up was not the main team of that season. Cech; Cole, Luis, Terry/Cahill, Ivanovic; Mikel, Lampard, Meirelles, Mata, Kalou, Drogba.

That squad was still not as good as the current one, I agree, but and I'm not sure what you mean by comparing squads, since it completely kill your argument: squad from 3 years ago was not even close of being good as the current one, so its natural that in 2012 the team finished 6th while the current one is supposed to win the PL. So, I really don't know why you are comparing squads to prove the new deal was not premature. I can also say the current squad has huge problems specially in the defense.

I dont understand why you mentioned results from 2012 season (easily the weakest squad of Abramovich years). Before Mourinho signed, the team finished 3rd in PL and 3 points behind City, who finished 2nd. In his first season Mourinho also finished 3rd.

You might say "before Mourinho signed the team was an Europa League side". Lets face the facts. 2012/13 UCL season the team faced a tough group with Juventus and Shaktar and got 10 points, same as Shaktar but could not get into the knockout stage because of one more goal conceded at home. The team scored 16 goals in the group stage, more than any other team. Juventus topped the group with 12 points. That team was good enough to reach the knockout-stage and was way better than an Europa League side. The failure during that season could easily have happened under Mourinho, just remember the 13/14 group stage performance and results were very similar to the 12/13 season and the group was not as tough (Shaktar and Basel and the most strongest opponents).

His made an overall good job since his return, but that was far from massive. Roberto Mancini and Pellegrini also won PL trophies in last 5 years.

One last word: he might be by far the ideal manager at the moment, but I'm not sure if that means he will be ideal manager in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019.

Come off it. You do not believe in the man, nor his abilities. Everything in your post is a doomsday disaster prediction. I've never seen a post so negative about JM and Chelsea's abilities from a Chelsea fan. Lighten up man.

Nothing negative in his post. Saying Mourinho is not a god is not a negative thing.

Chelsea's lack of transfer activity is "dangerous" ahead of title defence, concedes Jose Mourinho

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelseas-lack-transfer-activity-dangerous-6215001

Now I'm certain that the lack of transfer activity this summer is NOT Mourinho's fault!! He's hiding things very well, but there might be some rift brewing between Board, Technical Director and Manager! It will be interesting how things will play out!

that was my thinking but just been given a new contract ,,, Im just KONFUSED

Chelsea's lack of transfer activity is "dangerous" ahead of title defence, concedes Jose Mourinho

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelseas-lack-transfer-activity-dangerous-6215001

Now I'm certain that the lack of transfer activity this summer is NOT Mourinho's fault!! He's hiding things very well, but there might be some rift brewing between Board, Technical Director and Manager! It will be interesting how things will play out!

You can tell really easily that he's trying to put on a brave face in his press conferences and doesn't want to kick up a fuss in public about being unhappy with our business. Privately I bet he's fuming.

If I had to guess I'd say that he has gone to the board with a small list of targets and they've either said "we don't need players in that position," they won't pay high prices for some reason, or they'be just been poor negotiators.

I just sont think there's any possible way José is satisfied with the summer we've had.