test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MrBlueGuy

Next Manager?

Started by MrBlueGuy,

6,032 posts in this topic

Allegri will probably be considered for Barca and Bayern, who are both going to change their managers apparently even though both of them have won the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Allegri will probably be considered for Barca and Bayern, who are both going to change their managers apparently even though both of them have won the league.

SPOX claims Bayern Munich will fire Niko Kovac — Rummenigge, Bild call story a hoax

SPOX claims Bayern plans to replace Kovac with Mark van Bommel, but they may have jumped the gun about Niko Kovac’s fate.
 
 

The German internet publication SPOX claims in an exclusive article that Bayern Munich has already decided to fire head coach Niko Kovac at the end of the season, even if he succeeds in winning a domestic double by clinching the Bundesliga championship against Eintracht Frankfurtand defeating RB Leipzig for the DFB-Pokal.

SPOX alleges that Bayern hope to replace Kovac with former player Mark van Bommel (42), who currently coachs PSV Eindhoven in the Eredivisie. Under van Bommel, Eindhoven has finished second, a mere three points (83) beyond youthful world-beaters Ajax Amsterdam (86) and a whopping 18 ahead of third (Feyenoord — 65).

The reasons for Kovac’s theoretical firing are familiar. SPOX claims that Kovac “now has a majority of the locker room against him.” Even Joshua Kimmich, they state, “allegedly has also recently expressed skepticism internally,” although he has long backed Kovac publicly. The players supposedly feel that Kovac’s training sessions are too monotonous and lack “tactical finesse.”

Unnamed “insiders” told SPOX that the ongoing discussions about replacing Kovac in the decisive phase of the season are “behavior detrimental to the club.” Although “Bayern DNA” dictates subordinating everything to success, the source claims, “At the moment, the opposite is the case. The coach is being weakened since a few weeks ago. In the present situation, you actually should have to back him.”

Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, Bild deny the claims

Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, meanwhile, has denied the story completely. The chairman told Bild, “That is a total canard.” Bild adds, however, that according to their own information, the club has “not yet” made a decision. They state,

According to Bild and Sport Bild’s information, the decision whether to dismiss the coach has not yet been made. Van Bommel’s development is being observed by Bayern, but there has not yet been any contact, let alone actual talks.

That is rather less than a complete denial. SPOX’s editor-in-chief, Martin Volkmar, told Bild, “We stand by our story.”

 

snip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

SPOX claims Bayern Munich will fire Niko Kovac — Rummenigge, Bild call story a hoax

SPOX claims Bayern plans to replace Kovac with Mark van Bommel, but they may have jumped the gun about Niko Kovac’s fate.
 
 

The German internet publication SPOX claims in an exclusive article that Bayern Munich has already decided to fire head coach Niko Kovac at the end of the season, even if he succeeds in winning a domestic double by clinching the Bundesliga championship against Eintracht Frankfurtand defeating RB Leipzig for the DFB-Pokal.

SPOX alleges that Bayern hope to replace Kovac with former player Mark van Bommel (42), who currently coachs PSV Eindhoven in the Eredivisie. Under van Bommel, Eindhoven has finished second, a mere three points (83) beyond youthful world-beaters Ajax Amsterdam (86) and a whopping 18 ahead of third (Feyenoord — 65).

The reasons for Kovac’s theoretical firing are familiar. SPOX claims that Kovac “now has a majority of the locker room against him.” Even Joshua Kimmich, they state, “allegedly has also recently expressed skepticism internally,” although he has long backed Kovac publicly. The players supposedly feel that Kovac’s training sessions are too monotonous and lack “tactical finesse.”

Unnamed “insiders” told SPOX that the ongoing discussions about replacing Kovac in the decisive phase of the season are “behavior detrimental to the club.” Although “Bayern DNA” dictates subordinating everything to success, the source claims, “At the moment, the opposite is the case. The coach is being weakened since a few weeks ago. In the present situation, you actually should have to back him.”

Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, Bild deny the claims

Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, meanwhile, has denied the story completely. The chairman told Bild, “That is a total canard.” Bild adds, however, that according to their own information, the club has “not yet” made a decision. They state,

According to Bild and Sport Bild’s information, the decision whether to dismiss the coach has not yet been made. Van Bommel’s development is being observed by Bayern, but there has not yet been any contact, let alone actual talks.

That is rather less than a complete denial. SPOX’s editor-in-chief, Martin Volkmar, told Bild, “We stand by our story.”

 

snip

Van Bommel would be an interesting move for them but he would be in the same sort of category as Niko Kovac, hugely inexperienced at a top top European club as a manager. Allegri being available for nothing, having won leagues and cups with AC Milan and Juventus, two clubs with the sort of history and stature similar to Bayerns as well as having a respectful record in the CL, think a club as well run and organised as them would be daft to not consider him. 

Think Bayern would consider him more than Barca but you never know, Valverde was a bit of a less high profile appointment and Bilbao didnt exactly play incredibly similar to how Barca did so who knows.

Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

Van Bommel would be an interesting move for them but he would be in the same sort of category as Niko Kovac, hugely inexperienced at a top top European club as a manager. Allegri being available for nothing, having won leagues and cups with AC Milan and Juventus, two clubs with the sort of history and stature similar to Bayerns as well as having a respectful record in the CL, think a club as well run and organised as them would be daft to not consider him.

I rate Niko Kovač, but Allegri is a better manager for Bayern.

That all said, if Bayern played 38 league games, not just the 34, they would have probably topped 100 league goals and had 90 points. The 6 draws is what made it a tight race with Dortmund. They only lost 4 league games all year. They also have no players in the top 50 in value on T-markt (Thiago and Lewandowski are tied at £63m with 14 other players. so hard to say where those 2 are in reality). That will change when they officially buy Kai Havertz and Timo Werner.

OneMoSalah likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, the wes said:

Sunday Supplement talk some shit 😂😂😂

No chance.........if something like this happened its all thanks to Marina and you know it.......but wont happen with all due respect to women.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Atomiswave said:

No chance.........if something like this happened its all thanks to Marina and you know it.......but wont happen with all due respect to women.

Picture marina hiring Emma Hayes this forum would go into melt down 

Atomiswave and bigbluewillie like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, the wes said:

Picture marina hiring Emma Hayes this forum would go into melt down 

I hope it happens just to see it. 

the wes likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I hope it happens just to see it. 

Nothing would shock me if Marina was to hire her because marina is fucking clueless and cunt needs to leave our club 

1905didierblue and Atomiswave like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, iceboy said:

Chelsea have already decided to change coaches and hire Frank Lampard. #CFC #Juventus (via @DavidAmoyal / @DiMarzio)

What was the point in hiring Sarri in the first place then? May as well have given Lampard the job last summer. Seriously this club is run by fucking idiots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
What was the point in hiring Sarri in the first place then? May as well have given Lampard the job last summer. Seriously this club is run by fucking idiots.
If this actually happens, the club run even worse than I thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:
What was the point in hiring Sarri in the first place then? May as well have given Lampard the job last summer. Seriously this club is run by fucking idiots.

If this actually happens, the club run even worse than I thought.

I would say going after an Alegri or Simeone would be worse, because that will mean we have totally abandoned our attempt to change the style of play and are just resorting to type. Not only that it would also mean by appointing a huge name the pressure for instant results will be as high as ever which will likely spell the end for any chance of any youngster bar maybe Ruben.

Atleast with the rumours of Lampard's appointment there seems to be a commitment to truly change the culture of the club, and all in all I am happy with this news, obviously it's a risk but I think should Sarri leave this summer then Frank should be our main choice, for a few reason's.

Firstly because as I've alluded too, he has a similar style to what Sarri does and plays the same formation. Sarri has laid the groundwork for this new style and Lampard will have a much easier initial task as he would have done if he succeeded Antonio and have to start the overhaul himself.

Secondly he will likely commit to giving our best youth chances. With our reluctance/inability to compete with the City/PSGs of this world then I would go as far as saying getting the cream of our current youth players in the first team is more important than any immediate success in the next couple of years as in the long run they will be the counter to big spending City etc do 

Also as @Superblue_1986 alluded too, Lampard loves the club enough to see the bigger picture even if he doesn't reap the ultimate rewards.

Now this may not be the perfect time to appoint Lampard but it's not exactly a science that could have been timed. Should he get promoted and has say two strong season's at Derby and the chance to succeed Pep at City opens up, are you that sure he would choose us over them? We saw by going there as a player how ruthless he is when it comes to his career, if he got job offers by both of us, what's to say he wouldn't go to the best chance of picking up the major trophies? I know it's a totally different era but Busby was a City and Liverpool player before managing United. Waiting for the perfect moment may backfire and given the situation we are currently in, this is a calculated risk that could reap big rewards.

However my personal preference is to give Sarri a second season as I honestly believe the current problems are more personel than structural (and I do believe we will get a stay from CAS) but if that's not possible for whatever reason then Lampard is the only option for me for the reason's stated.

Superblue_1986 and kc_blue like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I would say going after an Alegri or Simeone would be worse, because that will mean we have totally abandoned our attempt to change the style of play and are just resorting to type. Not only that it would also mean by appointing a huge name the pressure for instant results will be as high as ever which will likely spell the end for any chance of any youngster bar maybe Ruben.

Atleast with the rumours of Lampard's appointment there seems to be a commitment to truly change the culture of the club, and all in all I am happy with this news, obviously it's a risk but I think should Sarri leave this summer then Frank should be our main choice, for a few reason's.

Firstly because as I've alluded too, he has a similar style to what Sarri does and plays the same formation. Sarri has laid the groundwork for this new style and Lampard will have a much easier initial task as he would have done if he succeeded Antonio and have to start the overhaul himself.

Secondly he will likely commit to giving our best youth chances. With our reluctance/inability to compete with the City/PSGs of this world then I would go as far as saying getting the cream of our current youth players in the first team is more important than any immediate success in the next couple of years as in the long run they will be the counter to big spending City etc do 

Also as @Superblue_1986 alluded too, Lampard loves the club enough to see the bigger picture even if he doesn't reap the ultimate rewards.

Now this may not be the perfect time to appoint Lampard but it's not exactly a science that could have been timed. Should he get promoted and has say two strong season's at Derby and the chance to succeed Pep at City opens up, are you that sure he would choose us over them? We saw by going there as a player how ruthless he is when it comes to his career, if he got job offers by both of us, what's to say he wouldn't go to the best chance of picking up the major trophies? I know it's a totally different era but Busby was a City and Liverpool player before managing United. Waiting for the perfect moment may backfire and given the situation we are currently in, this is a calculated risk that could reap big rewards.

However my personal preference is to give Sarri a second season as I honestly believe the current problems are more personel than structural (and I do believe we will get a stay from CAS) but if that's not possible for whatever reason then Lampard is the only option for me for the reason's stated.

Lampard being appointed just makes Sarri's appointment a farce and emphasises the lack of a plan from the board.

Talk of Lampard being appointed makes me believe there's more to our delay in going to CAS than meets the eye. If I knew the ban wasn't going to get frozen, I would be slightly in favour of the prospect for the reasons you & others have mentioned. However, we need to keep our expectations in check despite Lampard's decent start to managerial career rather than herald him as the next elite coach.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, iceboy said:

Chelsea have already decided to change coaches and hire Frank Lampard. #CFC #Juventus (via @DavidAmoyal / @DiMarzio)

This Sarri getting the sack rumors would have been more believable if the Guardian or Telegraph/Matt Law are reporting it as well but they aren't...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes. At some point. 

Give Sarri a couple seasons to implement an attacking football culture at the club. Will help Lamps transition. 

Fernando likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri has agreed terms with Juventus which would earn him a £1.2m-a-year pay rise. (Mail)

Maurizio Sarri agrees terms with Juventus which would net him a £1.2m-a-year pay rise as Old Lady look to settle compensation with Chelsea after Europa League final

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now