test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MrBlueGuy

Next Manager?

Started by MrBlueGuy,

Who should be Chelsea's next permanent manager?   272 members have voted

  1. 1. Who should be Chelsea's next permanent manager?

    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Guus Hiddink
      0
    • Maurizio Sarri
    • Diego Simeone
    • Max Allegri
    • Brendan Rodgers
      0
    • Other
    • Luis Enrique
    • Thomas Tuchel

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5,409 posts in this topic

If Sarri falls through i think we'll get Blanc. I just cannot see how Conte's position at the club is nothing but untenable.

He clearly doesn't want to be at the club, and we would have to suffer another season of infighting and poor football quality, not to mention the likelihood of a nucleus of players wanting out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

If Sarri falls through i think we'll get Blanc. I just cannot see how Conte's position at the club is nothing but untenable.

He clearly doesn't want to be at the club, and we would have to suffer another season of infighting and poor football quality, not to mention the likelihood of a nucleus of players wanting out.

If we lose sarri then we must stick with conte .  No blanc or at least make Zola our main manager .He would be a better coach than blanc of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hasn't Zola failed pretty miserably as a manager at pretty much every stop? He'd be a disaster here, too.

If Sarri falls through Conte has to stay.

Unionjack, El P. and Dimitr like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Hasn't Zola failed pretty miserably as a manager at pretty much every stop? He'd be a disaster here, too.

If Sarri falls through Conte has to stay.

Instead of blanc I would back everyone who wants to manage us 😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Dimitr said:

If we lose sarri then we must stick with conte .  No blanc or at least make Zola our main manager .He would be a better coach than blanc of course.

Zola is just going yo be here for helping Sari out with language,settling him in and club related stuff. He wont be anything to do with management.

Dimitr likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Hasn't Zola failed pretty miserably as a manager at pretty much every stop? He'd be a disaster here, too.

If Sarri falls through Conte has to stay.

How is Conte staying going to benefit us?

He clearly doesn't want to be here. The board clearly don't want him here, they're just unwilling to pay him off. I feel if Conte stayed, he wouldn't be too bothered and would go through the motions in a similar way to our slump at the start of the year. On top of that there is clearly a problem with some of our players with him, particularly most of our flamboyant and creative players who are fed up setting up defensively game after game.

He deserves a lot of praise for the first season, but he is also equally culpable for last season and the club cannot take the risk that last season would be repeated in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Hasn't Zola failed pretty miserably as a manager at pretty much every stop? He'd be a disaster here, too.

If Sarri falls through Conte has to stay.

He did very well at Watford and kept WHU up with no money, his spell at Birmingham has unfairly created a stigma towards him. Conte has burnt his bridges to the point that almost anyone is a better option despite his world class pedigree, i'd legit rather start the season with AVB mark 2 than AC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

How is Conte staying going to benefit us?

He clearly doesn't want to be here. The board clearly don't want him here, they're just unwilling to pay him off. I feel if Conte stayed, he wouldn't be too bothered and would go through the motions in a similar way to our slump at the start of the year. On top of that there is clearly a problem with some of our players with him, particularly most of our flamboyant and creative players who are fed up setting up defensively game after game.

He deserves a lot of praise for the first season, but he is also equally culpable for last season and the club cannot take the risk that last season would be repeated in my opinion.

 

6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

He did very well at Watford and kept WHU up with no money, his spell at Birmingham has unfairly created a stigma towards him. Conte has burnt his bridges to the point that almost anyone is a better option despite his world class pedigree, i'd legit rather start the season with AVB mark 2 than AC.

I just don't know. If worst comes to worst and Sarri doesn't happen, maybe we just have to hope that not only Conte, but the board as well learned a harsh lesson and things could get better. He tweaks our style a bit and will now know the league like the back of his hand. That to me would be better than bringing in a last minute panic manager after our top choice falls through.

Gives me a headache just thinking about it, tbh. What a fucking mess.

Unionjack and manpe like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

 

I just don't know. If worst comes to worst and Sarri doesn't happen, maybe we just have to hope that not only Conte, but the board as well learned a harsh lesson and things could get better. He tweaks our style a bit and will now know the league like the back of his hand. That to me would be better than bringing in a last minute panic manager after our top choice falls through.

Gives me a headache just thinking about it, tbh. What a fucking mess.

Conte already made a comment at the end of last season saying the board know what he is and he won't be changing anything. The tactics got massively found out last season and the only change was a 3-5-2 which made things even worse in my opinion as a lot of the success last season was based on the speed of attack we had with three forward players given licence to do so.

You are right on the face of things it is a mess. The optimist in me still hopes and believes that the club will make things right and get what's needed done. Although I'd be lying if I didn't say that optimism has definitely eroded somewhat in the last couple of days.

Unionjack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm surprised it's not been mentioned a lot more but Conte said in his interview after the FA cup that he wanted to play better but felt he had to play this way against top opposition to win, that tells me he didn't have full confidence in the players so had to adapt, he said that when we opened up against good teams, we ended up losing the games.

He obviously wasn't being backed in the market, this is where it all started going sour. If you want Alex Sandro and end up with Zappacosta for example, this is what happens.

 

manpe and Unionjack like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

After the post i made about Sarri urgently dashing to Milan around 5, Pedulla says Zola is in Milan awaiting Sarri, who may already be there.  Just waiting for the nod to go to London

 

https://www.tuttonapoli.net/calciomercato/sportitalia-zola-aspetta-sarri-a-milano-si-attende-ultimo-via-libera-per-andare-al-chelsea-361210

Has it come to this?  It's like deadline day on the BBC page.  Such and such has been spotted at the airport....  

Riquelme rumours incoming.  

Unionjack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, dreamcfc said:

I'm surprised it's not been mentioned a lot more but Conte said in his interview after the FA cup that he wanted to play better but felt he had to play this way against top opposition to win, that tells me he didn't have full confidence in the players so had to adapt, he said that when we opened up against good teams, we ended up losing the games.

He obviously wasn't being backed in the market, this is where it all started going sour. If you want Alex Sandro and end up with Zappacosta for example, this is what happens.

 

We opened up vs United at The Bridge and battered them, we attacked Leti on their own patch and battered them, we attacked Liverpool at Anfield and were the better side. Yes he may not have got the best hand, but he is payed £9m a year to get the best out of what he's got and he didn't come remotely close to achieving it and the fact he as demonstrated with Italy NT and to an extent  16/17 is clearly capable of improving players with good coaching makes it even worse.

28 minutes ago, Pizy said:

 

I just don't know. If worst comes to worst and Sarri doesn't happen, maybe we just have to hope that not only Conte, but the board as well learned a harsh lesson and things could get better. He tweaks our style a bit and will now know the league like the back of his hand. That to me would be better than bringing in a last minute panic manager after our top choice falls through.

Gives me a headache just thinking about it, tbh. What a fucking mess.

The problem is, Conte is such a volatile character when he doesn't get his way even if they "make up" have an amazing transfer window we are one rocky road from him throwing anyone but himself under a bus again, he even had an issue with our policy of having a club based coach on the dugout, (there were even rumours he wanted Holland kicked of the coaching team when he arrived), even Mourinho had absolutely no issue embracing that policy. Imagine if we replaced Holland with Joe Edwards? We'd have some form of stability and a man ready to take caretaker charge if the worse comes to the worse and Sarri isn't done by pre season.

Conte's spell at Chelsea is broken to the point of no return, we are better of starting the season with any half competant manager in comparison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tomo said:

We opened up vs United at The Bridge and battered them, we attacked Leti on their own patch and battered them, we attacked Liverpool at Anfield and were the better side. Yes he may not have got the best hand, but he is payed £9m a year to get the best out of what he's got and he didn't come remotely close to achieving it and the fact he as demonstrated with Italy NT and to an extent  16/17 is clearly capable of improving players with good coaching makes it even worse.

You gave 3 examples, how many other big games were there in those 2 seasons. What more should he have achieved? I disagree that he didn't come remotely close. 

His first season was brilliant, 2nd season neither him or the players were really in it with so much going on, you could just tell he didn't have that same spark from the first season, we don't know for a fact who is to blame for this and I agree it could have been handled better.

I can't see Conte sticking around either but if that's the case, why is he still here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dreamcfc said:

You gave 3 examples, how many other big games were there in those 2 seasons. What more should he have achieved? I disagree that he didn't come remotely close. 

His first season was brilliant, 2nd season neither him or the players were really in it with so much going on, you could just tell he didn't have that same spark from the first season, we don't know for a fact who is to blame for this and I agree it could have been handled better.

I can't see Conte sticking around either but if that's the case, why is he still here?

3 examples or not, it is still enough evidence to demonstrate we can play progressive tactics in big games and not get slapped about. 

Upto January i was stilll very happy with him all in all and would probably say he was doing as good as he could but post new year he was truly abysmal despite the cup win, i think our results were only worsened by AVB's last few months and the Jose meltdown period. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, dreamcfc said:

I'm surprised it's not been mentioned a lot more but Conte said in his interview after the FA cup that he wanted to play better but felt he had to play this way against top opposition to win, that tells me he didn't have full confidence in the players so had to adapt, he said that when we opened up against good teams, we ended up losing the games.

He obviously wasn't being backed in the market, this is where it all started going sour. If you want Alex Sandro and end up with Zappacosta for example, this is what happens.

 

I hear you, but not for once do I believe that our club needs to spend 200 million over the top to avoid results like these.

Newcastle 3-0 Chelsea

Chelsea 0-3 Bournemouth

Watford 4-1 Chelsea

 

I'm not even counting the upsets against Crystal Palace, West Ham etc. Conte never took the responsibility and always looked for excuses. It wasn't the Conte we all fell in love with, that's for sure.

Sideshow Luiz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do actually think if Conte hadn't been so volatile this season, and had concentrated on the team the board would have backed him for another season despite missing out on top 4. I've seen changes in this during the reigns of Mourinho and Conte which suggests they are much less willing to pull the trigger on a manager and will only do so as a final necessity. This is why I also believe if Sarri does come here and he backs up what he has said previously (doesn't want to get involved in transfers, just wants to concentrate on coaching and developing what he is given) he will be given time by the club to put his style and tactics across.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dimitr said:

According to @DiMarzio, Monday is the deadline for Sarri to Chelsea. If no agreement had been reached until Monday, then Conte will continue. No agreement has been reached for now. ADL is playing hardball

maybe we are finished.. 

 

Getting tired of your fake rumours. THere's nothing like this that DIMarzio has posted, I don't know where you see this. 

 

Also, we're finished? These posts are getting very irritating, stop supporting then or keep shut about it. Don't spread bullshit on here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Conte already made a comment at the end of last season saying the board know what he is and he won't be changing anything. The tactics got massively found out last season and the only change was a 3-5-2 which made things even worse in my opinion as a lot of the success last season was based on the speed of attack we had with three forward players given licence to do so.

You are right on the face of things it is a mess. The optimist in me still hopes and believes that the club will make things right and get what's needed done. Although I'd be lying if I didn't say that optimism has definitely eroded somewhat in the last couple of days.

Don't you think Conte would have been sacked already if he wasn't our fall back option for Sarri? I don't know if they'll get Blanc now. Although I'm totally expecting Sarri to still be in charge soon enough. But this is getting frustrating, even for the most patient fans out there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.