Willian

Jase

Seems this "luxury signing" is proving a lot of people wrong.

The best way to endear yourselves to your fans is to work hard and give absolutely everything on the pitch. I don't think I've seen a game of his where his shirt hasn't been soaked through with sweat. A proper footballer, who deserves his place.

He's proved me wrong, that's for sure. I was really skeptical at first considering his price tag but he is improving greatly.

That was a change in more than just Mata coming on. We withdrew a holding midfielder when there wasn't a need for one and Mata was hardly spectacular when he came on.

Have to disagree here, Mata changed that match, he was absolutely fantastic. I know he doesn't fit this 'high pressing' team Jose' trying to create but i think you're giving him a massive disservice here.

Although i tend to agree that we look a different side with Oscar, Hazard and Willian playing behind the striker, the intensity and pressing reminds me of United 10 odd years ago, the way they used to counter attack with pace and purpose was brilliant to watch, same with Arsenal before they adopted this possession football, the 2003/04 side played wonderful football very similar to Dortmund (with less pressing of course), they attacked with pace instead of passing for five minutes straight...

Personally I think moving Ramires from the wing to the middle completely changed the way the whole team performed rather than one player, but we'll have to agree to disagree.

And we finished 6th and 3rd respectively. That wasn't just down to him, but we made severe concessions when including him in the team. He's a fantastic footballer and he'll produce magic, but my priority is always how does the team perform and we look less disjointed with Oscar than we do with Mata. I've said that for some time now.

and no one including me will argue against that. Even now all we were discussing is mata's usefullness as a substitute. Oscar gives us some brilliant balance but mata provides magic like no one else.

Mata will leave chelsea at the end of the season but not right now.

and no one including me will argue against that. Even now all we were discussing is mata's usefullness as a substitute. Oscar gives us some brilliant balance but mata provides magic like no one else.

Mata will leave chelsea at the end of the season but not right now.

Not really...he is just a consistent well performer but not the sort of Gerrard/Ronaldo/Lampard/Drogba/Messi who scores 30 yards winner or last min winners. He is just consistent for the last 2 seasons. He was never really a game changer and probably never will be, just like David Silva who is very similar and a better player.

Not really...he is just a consistent well performer but not the sort of Gerrard/Ronaldo/Lampard/Drogba/Messi who scores 30 yards winner or last min winners. He is just consistent for the last 2 seasons. He was never really a game changer and probably never will be, just like David Silva who is very similar and a better player.

how many players are there that can be compared to gerrard/CR/messi/DD/lamps?

if u have a player that is equal to these guys, u would not be even thinking about selling it.

how many players are there that can be compared to gerrard/CR/messi/DD/lamps?

if u have a player that is equal to these guys, u would not be even thinking about selling it.

Yeah I know that is the thing though, you are claiming Mata is magic and no one is like him but I have already shown that he isn't really that special, just a good consistent player like many other good players. There are different classes of player, Mata is near the top but not actually in the world class elite imo so I am basically suggesting you are overrating him a little bit.

Yeah I know that is the thing though, you are claiming Mata is magic and no one is like him but I have already shown that he isn't really that special, just a good consistent player like many other good players. There are different classes of player, Mata is near the top but not actually in the world class elite imo so I am basically suggesting you are overrating him a little bit.

for the past 2 years he has been our POTY. he has been our best player in the season we won CL. under different circumstances mata would still have been our "THE" player. what stops mata from becoming a world class player is just his defensive liability. i am not over-rating his attacking prowess which pretty much speaks for itself.

Looked very good again.The thing he is lacking is the end product.He needs to be more clinical in front of the goal,but else it's very fine :)<br /><br />Gesendet von meinem LG-P710 mit Tapatalk<br /><br />

Man of the Match next to Ashley Cole and what a great ball in for the goal . Hazard and Willian are going to kill many teams in the future and Jose has taught them about defensive duties ,which makes them all round players and makes us harder to score against.