Willian

Jase

This summer, a lot of people were thinking that he was bought only for the sake of brainlessly stockpiling AMs and/or to not let him go to Spurs. As for myself, I always thought that Mourinho was not convinced by Mata and de Bruyne by any means so he bought Willian (who was available) in order to put these three players into contention so the best choice would come up naturally.

Actually, he is proving that he was bought for none of these reasons, but at the contrary because he is simply sooo good and that he fits like a glove what José is trying to implement at the club. I guess it is time to let go the "we unnecessarily spent 30 million for a spot where we were good enough instead of buying a CM" and start to claim that it is absolutely a fucking great buy.

True.

To be fair though we had no way of knowing.. it really looked like a typical Chelsea buy.

If we could sell Moses for like £5-£10m and Kevin £15-£20m then his signing is actually worth it. He has been great so far, no wonder so many teams were linked with him over the years.

with the way things are panning out i think moses might get another shot.

kdb is definitely gone. mata might not be there next season.

so i feel hazard, willian, oscar, schurrle, moses and piazon as our 6 AMs next year.

with the way things are panning out i think moses might get another shot.

kdb is definitely gone. mata might not be there next season.

so i feel hazard, willian, oscar, schurrle, moses and piazon as our 6 AMs next year.

That's gonna be the most likely scenario but considering our current squad, that is definitely a step down.

My idea- for all its worth- is to keep hold of Mata and letting KDB leave now and Moses in the summer. There is no way Piazon goes directly into the side with some loan time in a better league( Malaga was a mistake- he rarely played) like Spanish league or even a PL loan.

That's gonna be the most likely scenario but considering our current squad, that is definitely a step down.

My idea- for all its worth- is to keep hold of Mata and letting KDB leave now and Moses in the summer. There is no way Piazon goes directly into the side with some loan time in a better league( Malaga was a mistake- he rarely played) like Spanish league or even a PL loan.

makes sense. but keeping hold off mata would be hard specially with teams like napoli, psg showing interest,

as for piazon, i think keeping a youth player as a 6th AM is way better than having say someone like marin/kdb/moses as the 6th AM. he would just get odd CUP games so should not be that big an issue.

makes sense. but keeping hold off mata would be hard specially with teams like napoli, psg showing interest,

as for piazon, i think keeping a youth player as a 6th AM is way better than having say someone like marin/kdb/moses as the 6th AM. he would just get odd CUP games so should not be that big an issue.

Almost forgot we had Marin ;)

Almost forgot we had Marin ;)

most of us have. and that is what is frustrating. we have so many fringe players who can be sold (marin, moses, kakuta, essien) along with that we will be selling some of the first team players or first team quality players too like (cech/courtois, kdb, ba and or torres) so i dont get why people would want to sell mata for funds. (something which i have been trying to say in the mata thread too but its a fish market there).

the only reason mata leaves is cos of lack of first team action. anyways all this is mere speculation and way into the future. first lets see what happens in this window itself.

most of us have. and that is what is frustrating. we have so many fringe players who can be sold (marin, moses, kakuta, essien) along with that we will be selling some of the first team players or first team quality players too like (cech/courtois, kdb, ba and or torres) so i dont get why people would want to sell mata for funds. (something which i have been trying to say in the mata thread too but its a fish market there).

the only reason mata leaves is cos of lack of first team action. anyways all this is mere speculation and way into the future. first lets see what happens in this window itself.

The reason is because Mata brings in a lot more money than those fringe players, removes one more narrative from the media and we can use the money to acquire a player who fits the system better.

I know you've suggested keeping Mata in the squad but you have squad players who do one of two things usually - maintain the same system when bringing them on to kill off matches or trying to add tempo to chase the match. Which of these does Mata do?

The reason is because Mata brings in a lot more money than those fringe players, removes one more narrative from the media and we can use the money to acquire a player who fits the system better.

I know you've suggested keeping Mata in the squad but you have squad players who do one of two things usually - maintain the same system when bringing them on to kill off matches or trying to add tempo to chase the match. Which of these does Mata do?

watch the tottenham match at white hart lane and tell me if mata dint add tempo to chase the match. just cos mata is not the quickest he cant add tempo. is that what one bad match can do? negate everything good he has done over the course of 2 years?

selling off mata makes us lose a world class player. probably the only player who can play possession football and literally control the game. oscar-hazard-willian combo is looking wonderful but dont forget it been barely a 2 weeks or less. there was a time when we thought nothing can beat MAZACAR too and how wrong were we then.

watch the tottenham match at white hart lane and tell me if mata dint add tempo to chase the match. just cos mata is not the quickest he cant add tempo. is that what one bad match can do? negate everything good he has done over the course of 2 years?

That was a change in more than just Mata coming on. We withdrew a holding midfielder when there wasn't a need for one and Mata was hardly spectacular when he came on.

selling off mata makes us lose a world class player. probably the only player who can play possession football and literally control the game. oscar-hazard-willian combo is looking wonderful but dont forget it been barely a 2 weeks or less. there was a time when we thought nothing can beat MAZACAR too and how wrong were we then.

Mazacar always looked vulnerable. They still looked vulnerable away to Newcastle and losing one world-class player when TWO have emerged this season (Hazard and Oscar) is just one of those choices you sometimes have to make, especially if you're looking to sign a world-class striker.

Possession football is great, but it's what you do with that possession.

That was a change in more than just Mata coming on. We withdrew a holding midfielder when there wasn't a need for one and Mata was hardly spectacular when he came on.

Mazacar always looked vulnerable. They still looked vulnerable away to Newcastle and losing one world-class player when TWO have emerged this season (Hazard and Oscar) is just one of those choices you sometimes have to make, especially if you're looking to sign a world-class striker.

Possession football is great, but it's what you do with that possession.

Mata was hardly spectacular? He was THE game changer. And even if he was not you asked me how could mata be useful being a sub and a squad player. He changed the whole complexion of the match after coming in and that should be enough to answer your question.

MAZACAR had us dreaming after the first 8 games of the last season. After which everything went downhill. Here hazard-oscar-willian have started what 2/3/4 matches together. There is still a long way to go before we dub mata as excessive. Also dude 33goals and 58 assists over the course of 2 seasons speak for themselves. That is what mata has done with possession.

Mata was hardly spectacular? He was THE game changer. And even if he was not you asked me how could mata be useful being a sub and a squad player. He changed the whole complexion of the match after coming in and that should be enough to answer your question.

Personally I think moving Ramires from the wing to the middle completely changed the way the whole team performed rather than one player, but we'll have to agree to disagree.

MAZACAR had us dreaming after the first 8 games of the last season. After which everything went downhill. Here hazard-oscar-willian have started what 2/3/4 matches together. There is still a long way to go before we dub mata as excessive. Also dude 33goals and 58 assists over the course of 2 seasons speak for themselves. That is what mata has done with possession.

And we finished 6th and 3rd respectively. That wasn't just down to him, but we made severe concessions when including him in the team. He's a fantastic footballer and he'll produce magic, but my priority is always how does the team perform and we look less disjointed with Oscar than we do with Mata. I've said that for some time now.