Willian

Jase

What's his reputation now like in Brazil?

Pundits on TV keep saying the spot is his for the take in the NT. I don't talk about NT football with my friends (actually I have very few friends that talk about football at all :cry: ), but I feel like it's a consensus that he's a few (if not several) steps ahead of Lucas Moura. He's well appreciated here, although not that much known compared to others (even Hulk). I've read a few fans excited while commentating in articles that mention him. So I guess the most part of the fans are getting to know him now because they didn't watch the leagues where he's played before, and they like what they're seeing.

Pundits on TV keep saying the spot is his for the take in the NT. I don't talk about NT football with my friends (actually I have very few friends that talk about football at all :cry: ), but I feel like it's a consensus that he's a few (if not several) steps ahead of Lucas Moura. He's well appreciated here, although not that much known compared to others (even Hulk). I've read a few fans excited while commentating in articles that mention him. So I guess the most part of the fans are getting to know him now because they didn't watch the leagues where he's played before, and they like what they're seeing.

Thanks. I've been following the Globo match reports and translating the comments section and he seems to have a growing fanbase.

The fact that he's playing with Oscar every week must help his cause to, as they develop more of an understanding.

Did anyone see his run for the Oscar chance? He left Man Utd players for dead in the split of a second.

Yeah, that was my favourite move of the match, other than the goals of course. Threw away Phil Jones to the floor like he was nothing and just made mince meat of Rafael.

He's said to ESPN Brasil that he's still finding this feet and that he was a bit lost when he first arrived. He told them that he was struggling and that it took him a little while to get where he is, that things were a bit hard for him at first. This guy will be immense for us and his quality really is unbelievable, but let's not forget the adaptation ain't easy for him. He's confessed he felt it a lot at the start and it's only now 'getting' it. It's almost like he was completely lost at first and only now he knows what he's doing, but still has a long way to actually make it.

Funny that in all the Mata vs Oscar debate, the thread for the guy who has taken the right-wing spot off of Mata is a peaceful place.

Massively underrated this guy and I love how he chases down balls back to the keeper. Sets the tone for our defensive efforts...would love a left-footed version of him.

Right.But Hazard improved his defensive abilities a lot,under di Matteo the Word ,,defense´´ wasn´t even in his vocabulary.

Funny that in all the Mata vs Oscar debate, the thread for the guy who has taken the right-wing spot off of Mata is a peaceful place.

Massively underrated this guy and I love how he chases down balls back to the keeper. Sets the tone for our defensive efforts...would love a left-footed version of him.

I was delighted when we signed this guy as I knew he would bring something not just special but what we needed to the team. He is what I class as a ball rotator, he gets it, gives it, chases it, creates and is only missing goals. His first touch is sublime, and amongst everything he is yet to reach his full potential.

Top class this lad.

Willian has earned his spot on the right wing. no one is blaming him for Mata's case.

The thing most people are mad about is why Oscar who can play in many positions is in the no10 position while we have a proven player (who can only play as a no10) who scored 33 goals with 55 assists over the course of 2 years?

I was delighted when we signed this guy as I knew he would bring something not just special but what we needed to the team. He is what I class as a ball rotator, he gets it, gives it, chases it, creates and is only missing goals. His first touch is sublime, and amongst everything he is yet to reach his full potential.

Top class this lad.

And, unlike Oscar, he is not selfish and doesn't dive.