Willian

Jase

I just want to expand on @ 's point

Willian has really helped this team tick this season, at first i was a bit wary, there didn't seem to be any planning involved in the transfer (at first) when i heard we'd suddenly signed him from under the nose of Tottenham and Liverpool (which is always fun!) for around £30m which is a lot to spend on a player from the Ukrainian league, but we knew only too well what this guy is capable of, so as much as i was surprised (and a little confused considering we had five AM players already including our two time consecutive player of the season) but willing to see what happened

There's absolutely no questioning his work ethic up and down the pitch he's one of the key reasons our high tempo pressing game has been working out so well for us this season, hes got great acceleration and can be extremely tricky with the ball, always a willing runner up and down the right

If i was going to be critical though.. He's disappointed me slightly with his offensive contributions, two goals and two assists in 15 premier league matches isn't a great return for £30m, his crossing can be a bit wayward at times, his passing is pretty crisp and I've seen plenty of chances he's laid on a plate get blasted over or wide, as it normal with out strikers lately so he's not completely to blame. He doesn't tend to shoot too much but as long as we've got goals coming from somewhere in the team he can be forgiven for that too. Also his corners aren't the best, against Man City last night they were quite poor barring Cahill's header against the post

I'm not questioning what he brings to the team, i rate him very very highly and i know he's still adjusting to the Premier League i'd just like to see a bit more offensive input from the guy but as long as he keeps playing like he has been i'll happily keep my gob shut :rolleyes:

Was surprised he started in the middle over Oscar, but he did well after settling into the game.

About his corners - they're not great, but he's probably the best we got if Lampard isn't playing.

And Lampard anyway wants to score most times, and stays around the box.

Was surprised he started in the middle over Oscar, but he did well after settling into the game.

About his corners - they're not great, but he's probably the best we got if Lampard isn't playing.

And Lampard anyway wants to score most times, and stays around the box.

I think Hazard has more potential to do so.. he's a better passer.

Although he isn't good at corner kicks so far..

Didn't agree with the signing of Willian when it happened but oh my, he has turned out to be quality. His workrate, energy and stamina has been immense. The way he shields the ball and run at opposition players with it have also been good, which is important in the team's transitions from defence to attack and vice versa. Would just like to see a better and more consistent end product from him.

Great videos. He is really a "background hero" most of the time, so many times unnoticed the thing he does in the pitch. That player is an absolute revelation. He belongs to Chelsea 100% and he keeps earning respect every second he plays.

Not to be misunderstood, i'm not saying he does not need improvement.

P.S. It was Ramires who fucked up in that 4 vs 1 situation. Willian passed correctly.

I think Pat Nevin put it perfectly when he said Willian was buzzing around Yaya like a wasp. So crucial for us. Takes some strain off of ramires for us with guys like willian and oscar putting in so much energy; hazard more and more as well!

He doesn't half put a shift in and is very pacy but he really needs to do better in the final third especially from corners to take himself to that next level. I've realised that he loves to play one-touch football lol - he does it successfully a lot and it's a brilliant way to help speed up the play. By the way did anyone else notice Mourinho chest bumping him towards the end? Willian looked completely shocked haha!