Willian

Jase

Just take it with a grain of salt.

Venezuela are just so poor... it'd be like picking the starting XI based on the Maccabi match.

Willian was the top performer, so not taking anything from him. Much better than Oscar who was once again mediocre.

I'm just not convinced because he was very poor against Chile, and against top opposition (being nice to Chile here) is when I personally rate players.

Venezuela are just so poor... it'd be like picking the starting XI based on the Maccabi match.

Willian was the top performer, so not taking anything from him. Much better than Oscar who was once again mediocre.

I'm just not convinced because he was very poor against Chile, and against top opposition (being nice to Chile here) is when I personally rate players.

'Very poor against Chile'!? He was comfortably Brazil's best player in that game (albeit only playing at a 6.5-7/10 level); almost all of the few genuine openings that Brazil managed to work were created by him. Also, Chile are currently one of the most well-managed and in-form NTs around, regardless of their relative lack of team-wide star quality, so damning them with faint praise is the wrong approach to take in my opinion.

Damn Willian must be hated in Brazil. "Very poor" against Chile? He, along with Costa, were probably the two attacking players that showed up.

Hulk got showed up by a cameo from a 36 year old striker

The less said about Oscar the better.

Willian is bordering on world class play right now. He'd be guaranteed starter for every team in the league right now.

Damn Willian must be hated in Brazil. "Very poor" against Chile? He, along with Costa, were probably the two attacking players that showed up.

Hulk got showed up by a cameo from a 36 year old striker

The less said about Oscar the better.

Willian is bordering on world class play right now. He'd be guaranteed starter for every team in the league right now.

His style of play is not appreciated in Brazil - reckon it's a bit too inconsequential, esp from open play.

Personally I thought Oscar wasn't far behind Willian against Chile with both players producing very little up front, but I'd say that Oscar must be hated in TC. :)

JK Oscar was also poor against Venezuela.

The only problem I have with willian's form is that any period he's our best player, we play poor football most of the time.

that might be true, but it also shows a lot of character. To play well when everything is doing great isn't that hard. That's the kind of player Cesc is.

I think he improved a lot, and now he added end product to his skills. He might never be brilliant, but he could become a vital player, that wins us matches. Not every one has to be a world class player. I think Willian's improvement is magnificent and inspiring and he's by far our best player this season so far (maybe bar the keepers, who had that fair share of saves and some very difficult, and still couldn't prevent the losses).

For a change, I watched a Brazil NT game - against Venezuela - and he was very good then too. I completely changed my perception of him and I don't really feel like he has to improve many things - or anything specifically. I just hope he carries on and keep it up.