Fernando Torres

He actually looked nice

Yeah, he's doing a lot better under Jose...and of course after 2 seasons here, he has adapted to the way Chelsea play.

Not the ultimate solution for our striker problems, but a good one for the time being. Especially on counter-attacks

I dont want to take anything away from him but he came on during a time in the game where lots of spaces started to open in Fulhams defence and it became easier to us to play.

Indeed, this is a very good point. As I said in the post match thread, from the 80th minute (possibly 70th in actual fact) it was more open for the team to play a quicker style of football that allowed Torres to look that sharp. Had Eto'o been on during that, you'd have got the same kind of display.

Has Eto'o had a chance to showcase his talent? Not yet, because of the dire nature of today's game. Has Torres earned a start in our next game? Considering it's v. Swindon, perhaps there is a case for that.

In any case, I hope people aren't fooled into thinking Torres can lead the line for us just because Eto'o is yet to deliver.

Indeed, this is a very good point. As I said in the post match thread, from the 80th minute (possibly 70th in actual fact) it was more open for the team to play a quicker style of football that allowed Torres to look that sharp. Had Eto'o been on during that, you'd have got the same kind of display.

Has Eto'o had a chance to showcase his talent? Not yet, because of the dire nature of today's game. Has Torres earned a start in our next game? Considering it's v. Swindon, perhaps there is a case for that.

In any case, I hope people aren't fooled into thinking Torres can lead the line for us just because Eto'o is yet to deliver.

No, not at all. Its quite clear, Eto'o is much better against certain types of opposition especially the kind that defend deep.

Its good that we finally have some variety in terms of striker options.

Yes he might have squandered two chances when put through on goal, but credit where its due.

His assist to Ramires was great, and showed that he still has flashes of brilliance in him. He looks to have finally settled well into this team.