Fernando Torres

Great performance today and deserves the credit for giving 100% today and putting all the nonsense from the media and everyone. He could have got a few more, Willian was too greedy which sadly stopped him from getting another.

Great show definitely Man of the Match :)

I didn't think his performance was that good, and bar the assist was pretty typical of Torres. Aimless dribbles into defenders, poor decision making(see final dribble), he missed two one on ones, spent about 30 minutes missing in the second half.

The assist was genius. Other than that it was a forgettable performance. Harsh/ruthless but how I saw it, certainly not what the SS commentators were exaggerating.

I have always been against Torres but against Both Bayern and Swindon he actually looked like a Guy who fights for the team and he has looked sharp. Start him Vs Spurs!

Another note: funny how quiet this Thread goes when he performs...

I have always been against Torres but against Both Bayern and Swindon he actually looked like a Guy who fights for the team and he has looked sharp. Start him Vs Spurs!

Another note: funny how quiet this Thread goes when he performs...

That maybe true but think it has reached the point where people aren't going to be easily swayed and praise his performance. Credit where it's due for yesterday yes but we have seen from Torres before, does well in a game (against lesser opponents mostly!) and then when we play him in the next few games, he goes missing altogether. We have had many false dawns with this fella already.

That maybe true but think it has reached the point where people aren't going to be easily swayed and praise his performance. Credit where it's due for yesterday yes but we have seen from Torres before, does well in a game (against lesser opponents mostly!) and then when we play him in the next few games, he goes missing altogether. We have had many false dawns with this fella already.

You have a point here, but as Mourinho said earlier about Mata, the past isn´t interesting. If Torres played and fought (and even scored) for the team against Bayern and Swindon, then they should start him against Tottenham. It´s simple as that.

You have a point here, but as Mourinho said earlier about Mata, the past isn´t interesting. If Torres played and fought (and even scored) for the team against Bayern and Swindon, then they should start him against Tottenham. It´s simple as that.

But yet despite after scoring against Bayern, Torres has failed to start the 3 more important games that followed till yesterday. Since Eto'o has been signed, he has started against Everton, Basel and Fulham. It's clear who he rates as his No.1 and Mourinho is likely to go with his tried and trusted players on Saturday as opposed to taking the risk on someone who blows hot and cold consistently.

But yet despite after scoring against Bayern, Torres has failed to start the 3 more important games that followed till yesterday. Since Eto'o has been signed, he has started against Everton, Basel and Fulham. It's clear who he rates as his No.1 and Mourinho is likely to go with his tried and trusted players on Saturday as opposed to taking the risk on someone who plays hot and cold consistently.

The fact remains still that Torres has two more goals than Etoo in lesser games played (Correct me if I´m wrong here). I´m not saying that Etoo isn´t a better player than Torres, but at the moment, one of our strikers actually score. Use him instead of someone who hasn´t.

But you are probably right, he will go with Etoo since he is his first choice.

a good performance against a lowly team does not mean he gets to start against tottenham.

will he be able to do half the things he did yesterday against tottenham. NO. cant believe after 2 and a half years of pathetic-ness, we still have to go thru this everytime he puts in a performance against a team 2 leagues below us, and mid-table even in that league.

jose has made it pretty clear that etoo is his first choice, and i have no doubt that he sticks to his guns.

a good performance against a lowly team does not mean he gets to start against tottenham.

will he be able to do half the things he did yesterday against tottenham. NO. cant believe after 2 and a half years of pathetic-ness, we still have to go thru this everytime he puts in a performance against a team 2 leagues below us, and mid-table even in that league.

jose has made it pretty clear that etoo is his first choice, and i have no doubt that he sticks to his guns.

I think everyone in here knows the story about Torres last two years in this club, so there is no point to bring it up everytime don´t you think?

Thing is that, if you watched the game, you could see that he actually did everything Mourinho want´s in his team. He tracked back when he/team lost ball. He ran everywhere and made himself available several times.. He did the same against Bayern. Doesn´t that deserve a chance to start against Tottenham, to be fair?