Fernando Torres

u answered your own question. etoo dint look sharp. he needs game time. his workrate is really good. link up play is good too. does not lose half as many balls as torres. what etoo needs right now is a run in the team. and i am sure mou is gonna do exactly that.

He already got that run and it was a failed experiment. Now its Torres turn and for all i know, he's gonna impress.

Moreover Torres' work rate and link up play are better than Eto'o's for that matter. Both strikers lacks the finishing touch but Torres seems to have sorted that out.

The amount of sarcasm you are using isn't proving anything. I'm in no way saying that Torres is a terrific player and deserves to start ahead of Eto'o or Obi is the best CDM in the world.

But the fact that you use a statement like Since the start of the 2013 Torres has as many goals as Mikel in the League is absolutely cringe worthy.

I think he was joking, ease up.

People need to listen to mourinho more. Torres plays shit against teams that park the bus, but plays well against teams that go all attack and leave spaces behind.

That's why mourinho wanted rooney, but we got eto(plan c) who is better than torres against deep sitting teams.

So torres starts against bayern, hull and swindon while eto started against teams that had 10 men behind the ball.

He already got that run and it was a failed experiment. Now its Torres turn and for all i know, he's gonna impress.

Moreover Torres' work rate and link up play are better than Eto'o's for that matter. Both strikers lacks the finishing touch but Torres seems to have sorted that out.

he got that run? so 3 games is comparable to 2 and a half year of crap? seems legit.

moreover when did torres' workrate and link up play get better than any1. etoo has been a prolific goalscorer and u can say that torres has lost that touch but 3 games does not mean tht eroo too has lost that.

After 3 games he's a failed experiment? How much time did you give Torres?

Eto'o has had three starts against Basel, Everton and Fulham and had one shot on target. Torres has made three starts against Bayern Munich, Swindon and Hull City - four shots on target, two goals, and an assist. His performances - particularly against Bayern - are far, far superior to what Eto'o has offered. That's why we're saying Torres should be the main striker at this moment in time. Goalscoring is about confidence, and two goals in three games is an excellent return from anyone.

Thank you.

Actually i think Eto'o has done fine, Everton we played well, and the thing is while he hasn't been amazing, he gets involved in play a lot more than Torres does, Nish posted something is Eto'o's thread backing that up.

Torres may have done ok against Bayern and Swindon, but Hull he was awful, one touch in the penalty area for a forward, one.

Im amazed at the writing off on Eto'o after 3 games, when it took over a year for Torres to get the critics he deserved.

you are just completely avoiding my argument.

look at the way the TEAM plays with our different forwards.

you cannot argue that the TEAM plays better with torres up front.

screw the turnovers, or goal tallys (which he is leading the strikers), or assits, etc.

the TEAMS performance.

i would take a torres getting one touch in the penalty box if it means we can defeat teams like we did hull city. we played as a UNIT.

this problem is bigger than torres (if you guys would just open your eyes).

that isnt football, that is FIFA stats for you guys. so get off your xbox and WATCH THE GAME. WATCH THE TEAM.

go blues!

I think credit is due here.

Torres has showed better form this season. Is it enough? No. Does it erase the past two and a half seasons? No. Does he continue to show he can be appalling technically? Yes. But we can't deny he's showed improvement. We can cry and moan about the last 30 months he played for us, but that's all that is. Moping.

Now it's a new year and while I don't expect him to be better than Eto'o and I don't expect him to regain his best form, I'm also happy that he's improved. He's been improving since arriving here. It's just that his form is so abysmal that the constant and small improvement curve he's showed since arriving isn't enough. But his second season was better than the first and he's off to a better start in this one.

So I understand people who want him to get chances, but I also see where people who want him in the bench are coming from. This is Mata 2.0 except the opposite. People are using the last two years to back up why they should or shouldn't be in the team and are mostly ignoring what they did show this season. As Mata is a fan favorite (deservedly) his current form should be ignored - or he should be given more minutes and start more matches to improve his form. With Torres is the opposite. Although he's showing progress compared to his own standards and despite still missing sitters (something that isn't that much uncommon for strikers, although Torres can be embarrassing) people think because of his historic he shouldn't be given the same minutes and the same starts because they don't trust him. although he could use both things to carry on his progress.

Eto'o is going through a transitional time right now and it's more than expected - especially on his age and after spending 2 years in such a low-demanding league - that he struggles in the beginning. The right thing for me is to have one playing in the weekend and the other playing in the midweek games, so we can develop and improve both because at the end of the day the more players on good form we have, the better. I don't think Torres will ever be great for us - I didn't believe it on January 31, 2011, I don't believe now. But I do believe he can be useful and I honestly think he's been our best striker so far in the few games he took part (while probably being the worst in some moments of the same matches). He is the only one of the four that have played for us that actually scored (while still with us), or did I miss something?

A little bit of support for a Chelsea FC player doesn't hurt, even if we don't have any faith on him.

This. Its not about bias towards any player.

Its not about Torres vs Eto'o or Torres vs Sturridge.

There's no Didier Drogba in the squad, so its quite clear Mourinho will be switching between Eto'o and Torres, and possibly Ba depending on the type of team we're up against.

And yes, Torres HAS shown THIS season, that he can be reliable when called upon..and I hope he can continue to show that kind of form. Its not as if everyone has forgotten about those goal droughts he has had in the past..

After 3 games he's a failed experiment? How much time did you give Torres?

Eto'o was bought to bring about a quick effect in our goal scoring dept. He only has a one year contract....we can't be patient with him so that he starts scoring by February.

He needs to bring about a quick impact or its back to Torres. So far he hasn't made an impact.

Torres was the better player this season(...not just on against Swindon)

Eto'o was bought to bring about a quick effect in our goal scoring dept. He only has a one year contract....we can't be patient with him so that he starts scoring by February.

He needs to bring about a quick impact or its back to Torres. So far he hasn't made an impact.

Torres was the better player this season(...not just on against Swindon)

I'm not saying Torres has been worse than him, but saying Eto'o is a fail after 3 games seems overly exaggerated

screw the turnovers, or goal tallys (which he is leading the strikers), or assits, etc.

the TEAMS performance.

i would take a torres getting one touch in the penalty box if it means we can defeat teams like we did hull city. we played as a UNIT.

that isnt football, that is FIFA stats for you guys. so get off your xbox and WATCH THE GAME. WATCH THE TEAM.

go blues!

the TEAMS performance.

go blues!

Im not (my reference to the Everton game), if that happens over the course of the season (the team playing better with Torres) then you have a point. This is basically a one month spell and we played well at Everton when he didn't start. Far, far to early to draw conclusion's.

If Barca won 4 in a row while Messi gets injured and draw 2 on his return, does that mean their better off without him?