Fernando Torres

Torres is bad - that's the understatement of the century if you ask me, but even him is better than Ba.

Ba touched the ball 3 times in the 18 minutes he played. Even Torres would have made better because 2013/14 Torres version while still lousy, at least goes deeper and tries to link up. He still fails - poor thing, it seems beyond his reach to actually perform well - but he at least tries and he might score the odd goal here and there. No more Ba, please, Mou!!!!!!!!!!

Torres is bad - that's the understatement of the century if you ask me, but even him is better than Ba.

Ba touched the ball 3 times in the 18 minutes he played. Even Torres would have made better because 2013/14 Torres version while still lousy, at least goes deeper and tries to link up. He still fails - poor thing, it seems beyond his reach to actually perform well - but he at least tries and he might score the odd goal here and there. No more Ba, please, Mou!!!!!!!!!!

There is no one here saying Torres is the answer. However, to bench him, not even dressed for Basel, by Jose was stupid, in my view. After all, Torres did well in EL last year, scored a beauty against Bayern too.

Recently, we have seen Jose´s experiments. In my view, Jose should wake up & should have tried his shit during the pre-season games, instead.

There is no one here saying Torres is the answer. However, to bench him, not even dressed for Basel, by Jose was stupid, in my view. After all, Torres did well in EL last year, scored a beauty against Bayern too.

Recently, we have seen Jose´s experiments. In my view, Jose should wake up & should have tried his shit during the pre-season games, instead.

to be honest I didn't read the comments in the thread... I didn't want to post on Ba's thread how terrible he is. So I decided to go the nicer route and say (what I think is true) that Torres >>>>>>> Ba.

to be honest I didn't read the comments in the thread... I didn't want to post on Ba's thread how terrible he is. So I decided to go the nicer route and say (what I think is true) that Torres >>>>>>> Ba.

Well, sometimes it helps to read the postings, they say.

Personally, I am not here to be-laud BA. Yes, he has not been much, lately. However, have Eto´o been any better ?

To pay 7m a season for his past performances is clueless, in my view.

Well, sometimes it helps to read the postings, they say.

Personally, I am not here to be-laud BA. Yes, he has not been much, lately. However, have Eto´o been any better ?

To pay 7m a season for his past performances is clueless, in my view.

oh I didn't read because well, is there much to say/read about Torres? My post wasn't about contextualizing with what you guys have been talking, I just wanted to give me opinion about him being our #2 striker option. He has to be it when the alternative is Ba. Torres sucks and normally this thread either makes it worse than it really is, or his fanboys and fangirls try to make him look good or try to convince us there's still hope. Rarely you see a middle-ground post - that in my opinion is that he sucks, he won't get better, but he's still better than Ba and he improved slightly the last months last season and this season he seemed to have carried on that slight improvement.

This thread is definitely one of my least fave - so I rarely come here and when I do, I don't read many posts because honestly it's mainly about what I've said above. My post was totally unrelated to any posts before mine, that was what I meant when I said I didn't read the previous posts in the thread.

oh I didn't read because well, is there much to say/read about Torres? My post wasn't about contextualizing with what you guys have been talking, I just wanted to give me opinion about him being our #2 striker option. He has to be it when the alternative is Ba. Torres sucks and normally this thread either makes it worse than it really is, or his fanboys and fangirls try to make him look good or try to convince us there's still hope. Rarely you see a middle-ground post - that in my opinion is that he sucks, he won't get better, but he's still better than Ba and he improved slightly the last months last season and this season he seemed to have carried on that slight improvement.

This thread is definitely one of my least fave - so I rarely come here and when I do, I don't read many posts because honestly it's mainly about what I've said above. My post was totally unrelated to any posts before mine, that was what I meant when I said I didn't read the previous posts in the thread.

OK you explained it all. Still I am not sure whether BA is much worse than Ferda. I admit, he needs to improve, but if he only sits around, then how is he going to do that ? The odd 20 minutes on the pitch is just not good enough. Arsenal wanted him, bombastic Jose put a stop to it. Then, I may ask, why did he wait for so long ? Why not move him elsewhere if he refused to let him go to Arsenal ? As I already repeated Jose is not what we all thought he would be, in my view.

I know our strikers have only had a couple of games each, but the way Torres performed against Bayern Munich > any of Ba's, or Eto'o's performances so far. He should start versus Fulham.

I know our strikers have only had a couple of games each, but the way Torres performed against Bayern Munich > any of Ba's, or Eto'o's performances so far. He should start versus Fulham.

Absolutely...can't believe some posters believe Eto'o is a better player.

Absolutely...can't believe some posters believe Eto'o is a better player.

You are completely missing the point. It is not the fact that Torres is a better player. Alex is stating Torres should start based on his last game. You stating that Torres is a better player is completely off the point. Have you actually watched Torres at Chelsea or are you consistently watching Liverpool DVDs where he was scoring goals. Why can't you believe that people think Eto'o is a better player? He might have had a slow start but did you see how long Torres took to get his first goal here and how really torrid is time has been here?

LOL, you are acting as if Alex stated Torres is better than Eto'o. He did not. He is saying he should start because of his last game compared to Ba's and Eto'o. That does not mean he is better but yes if it is based on Torres last game maybe he does deserve a start tomorrow.

You are completely missing the point. It is not the fact that Torres is a better player. Alex is stating Torres should start based on his last game. You stating that Torres is a better player is completely off the point. Have you actually watched Torres at Chelsea or are you consistently watching Liverpool DVDs where he was scoring goals. Why can't you believe that people think Eto'o is a better player? He might have had a slow start but did you see how long Torres took to get his first goal here and how really torrid is time has been here?

LOL, you are acting as if Alex stated Torres is better than Eto'o. He did not. He is saying he should start because of his last game compared to Ba's and Eto'o. That does not mean he is better but yes if it is based on Torres last game maybe he does deserve a start tomorrow.

I simply can't understand why Eto'o is rated so higher than Torres.

I simply can't understand why Eto'o is rated so higher than Torres.

Because if you judge Torres at his time here he has scored some goals but overall he has been poor and a poor investment. I was not all thumbs up for getting Eto'o but he has scored everywhere he has gone, has 3 CL titles to his name plus numerous amount of other things he has won with different teams. Just remains to see if he can replicate the same form at us. I would like Torres to start tomorrow as well but how why do you believe Torres is much better or better than Eto'o?

Because if you judge Torres at his time here he has scored some goals but overall he has been poor and a poor investment. I was not all thumbs up for getting Eto'o but he has scored everywhere he has gone, has 3 CL titles to his name plus numerous amount of other things he has won with different teams. Just remains to see if he can replicate the same form at us. I would like Torres to start tomorrow as well but how why do you believe Torres is much better or better than Eto'o?

Even when both on their best form Eto'o was always better than Torres. He is MUCH FASTER and finishing is just as good.

Just look at the trophies Eto'o won at club level as an integral part of the team and look at Torres and what he managed to win with Madrid and Liverpool. The only club trophy I can say Torres was integral at winning at club level is the Europa Cup

Mallorca

Barcelona

Inter Milan

It's not even close, over the last decade Eto'o has been one of the best strikers in Europe, Torres had two great seasons at Liverpool and that's it. Torres is overrated, the way he failed here at 27 when he was supposed to be at his peak proves this. He will be remembered on the same level as Owen, a great striker that failed after injuries and moving clubs his next club will be similar of stature to Newcastle