Fernando Torres

I think everyone in here knows the story about Torres last two years in this club, so there is no point to bring it up everytime don´t you think?

Thing is that, if you watched the game, you could see that he actually did everything Mourinho want´s in his team. He tracked back when he/team lost ball. He ran everywhere and made himself available several times.. He did the same against Bayern. Doesn´t that deserve a chance to start against Tottenham, to be fair?

people know the story of last 2 years and yet want to repeat the same old mistake of judging him based on one good performance against a pub team so that he can start a match against tottenham at white hart lane. seems fair!!!

etoo has done everything torres did. his link up play against better opponents than swindon has been good, he has got into scoring positions against those sides, does not lose half as many balls as torres. so i feel etoo deserves to continue starting for us and i feel after 2 and a half year, its high time, we give some1 else half as many oppurtunities as we have been willing to give torres (and still do) in that time frame.

He scored against Bayern Munich as well but lets skip that as it does not fit the agenda.

He was brought to score goals against high caliber opposition nearly every time he has faced them, so far he was scored once each against Barcelona (when all their players were almost in our penalty area), Arsenal, Man.Utd and Bayern. When you invest that highly in a player you expect goals against those teams pretty regularly.

So let me get this straight.

the man does his job (against a lower team, who cares) and he is slated. Yet if he didn't he would be slated as well.

shit, talk about an uphill battle. That isn't right.

IDC if he scores off of a mistake every weekend, a goal is a goal. And he has been in fine form. We haven't looked as good as we did against hull city and bayern. Then he gets dropped, we lose games, Torres somehow still gets blamed (idk how) and then he comes on and does his job and he is still "shit".

Chelsea logic.

I want a guy who has ambition and fight. Looks like mr el Nino is the only one with that at the moment.

but I guess this is why I'm not a manager.

just please Jose, please don't put that old bag of bones eto'o on the field this weekend against spurs. One good tackle and his bones will turn to dust. Hahaha jk!

keep up the work Torres, looking sharp.

go blues!

Torres > Eto'o and Ba.

I'm just going on what we've seen this season so far.

Nando has made three starts and scored twice and assisted once in those appearances. Very healthy statistics as far as I'm concerned.

Torres plays an above average game against Swindon (it wasnt even a great game), and people already ask that he becomes our main striker again...

Eto'o >>>>>> Torres

Well I think that's because Eto'o has played all below average games so far. And no, I don't think he played well against Swindon, I expected him to do better.

Torres plays an above average game against Swindon (it wasnt even a great game), and people already ask that he becomes our main striker again...

Eto'o >>>>>> Torres

so??? i mean people are only fair in judging etoo on 3 matches and yet give torres the benefit of doubt even after 2 and a half years of crap. seems fair to me!!!

Well I think that's because Eto'o has played all below average games so far. And no, I don't think he played well against Swindon, I expected him to do better.

I know, but you gotta put things in context...

Torres had two good games. The first was against Bayern, where we played really well as a team. And the other was against Swindon, where he scored and assisted Rambo, but also missed two sitters.

Eto'o had a very good first game, although didnt score. But the Basel and Everton game, he had no chance to thrive because our team was abismal. It is impossible for us to judge Eto'o by those games, he basically only had Oscar trying to give him balls, the rest were dead.

I just cant believe people are falling for Torres yet again. Last year's pre-season I defended Nando and said he would still have one more year of my support, but now it is just stupidity to back him!

I don't think Torres will start. If Eto'o struggles however I think Mourinho will be much quicker to bring him on as a sub.

He certainly helped his cause with his performance against Swindon but he also played the full 90.

Torres had two good games. The first was against Bayern, where we played really well as a team. And the other was against Swindon, where he scored and assisted Rambo, but also missed two sitters.

Eto'o had a very good first game, although didnt score. But the Basel and Everton game, he had no chance to thrive because our team was abismal. It is impossible for us to judge Eto'o by those games, he basically only had Oscar trying to give him balls, the rest were dead.

I just cant believe people are falling for Torres yet again. Last year's pre-season I defended Nando and said he would still have one more year of my support, but now it is just stupidity to back him!

I don't think anyone is saying that Torres is back to being the best in the world, but it's just hard to rate Eto'o ahead of him when he hasn't really put in any good performances. I'm not saying that Torres will remain our best striker, just that until Eto'o proves otherwise, Torres is, for me, the best of the worst currently.

no no no, what people are failing to miss is the "team's performance" under the strikers.

we played great against hull and bayern. and torres played a big part of those games. then he gets dropped and we drop huge points.

screw the goal tally and WHO it is against. the team simply plays better under our #9.

you cant even argue that.

no no no, what people are failing to miss is the "team's performance" under the strikers.

we played great against hull and bayern. and torres played a big part of those games. then he gets dropped and we drop huge points.

screw the goal tally and WHO it is against. the team simply plays better under our #9.

you cant even argue that.

It's going to take more than a few games in two and a half years to convince me, what about Old Trafford when every time he touched the ball led to a United counter attack?

what about everton? Fullham? Basel?

i'll take a draw any day against man u.

What about most of the games in two and a half years when his presence has been a clear hindrance? The 17 and 24 game goal droughts? 5 months without a PL goal? Sulking to the press, saying he didn't care if we win or lose?. Ironically the goal on your avatar came from him losing the ball in the dangerous area and nearly undoing 180 minutes of hardwork.

Like i said it will take more than a few semi decent games to win me over after the shit he has served all his Chelsea career.

What about most of the games in two and a half years when his presence has been a clear hindrance? The 17 and 24 game goal droughts? 5 months without a PL goal? Sulking to the press, saying he didn't care if we win or lose?. Ironically the goal on your avatar came from him losing the ball in the dangerous area and nearly undoing 180 minutes of hardwork.

Like i said it will take more than a few semi decent games to win me over after the shit he has served all his Chelsea career.

and that is fair. so lets just take THIS YEAR. and the TEAM'S PERFORMANCE.

eto'o or torres.

not even a question.

you cannot be blind to the fact that the team plays with more fluidity when torres is in the starting XI.