Oscar

themightyblue

Who cares if he had a bad 8 months. Yeah he had a bad first half but so did everyone else. The only thing important is that he is starting to perform now.

If you're going to keep dwelling on his past, what about the first half of last year when was brilliant?

I do and so should oscar himself if he has any shame and integrity. that's a shocking statement honestly.

How many regular starters in recent times were in the team as a regular starter in there early 20s? Hazard, Robben, Oscar, Mikel is all that I can think off for the Roman era off the top of my head.

its what we can expect from young players, you are a big advocate of giving youth a chance aren't you? If we start doing that more often (whether thats academy or from abroad) then expect some more cases like Oscar because there will be lots.

I'm an advocate of youth but not a lunatic. My stance has always been to use the brightest prospects as squad players and I emphasise the word squad. The only time I ever deem it acceptable to make a youngster a regular starter at a top cub is if said youngster is that good. . . . . see fabregas,Rooney,messi,Ronaldo lima, Hazard, neymar et al, they were extraordinary talents that proved to be good enough even at such a young age.

Oscar clearly doesn't belong in the same stratosphere as those talent, i,e it's ridiculously stupid to make a rather average and extremely inconsistent youngster a first team starter. When I advocate integrating youth I do so with common sense and reasoning.

For example,I would never champion the idea of playing Bamford ahead of costa but if he were to be as good as a young Brazilian Ronaldo or young Rooney playing with maturity above his years then that changes everything and I would be more open to such idea.

Its not that I don't like his play. He is a differebt type of no.10. He has 2 goals and 2 assists this season. But even though he dint assist last match, he was good in thr 2nd half. His link up play and his contribution to the attack is his strong points imo.

What 2 goals and 2 assists are you talking about? You are still talking about Oscar right?

Thought he played well in the second half; he's much less of a number 10 in our new system. He's all over the pitch, covering gaps and making sure there is always a pass available. People are being overly harsh as he isn't being as productive in the final third as the start of last season, but that's natural when your role in the team has changed.

Tell you one thing, neither Mata or KdB would be able to do what Oscar does for us. That's why he's so important to Mourinho.

This!

Jose is right and Scolari was wrong - about how to utilize Oscar as well as everything else :)

This!

Jose is right and Scolari was wrong - about how to utilize Oscar as well as everything else :)

Actually in the Confed Cup Scorali used Oscar brilliantly. The best Oscar played in the last two years imo, even compared to his first months for us last season.

I'm an advocate of youth but not a lunatic. My stance has always been to use the brightest prospects as squad players and I emphasise the word squad. The only time I ever deem it acceptable to make a youngster a regular starter at a top cub is if said youngster is that good. . . . . see fabregas,Rooney,messi,Ronaldo lima, Hazard, neymar et al, they were extraordinary talents that proved to be good enough even at such a young age.

Oscar clearly doesn't belong in the same stratosphere as those talent, i,e it's ridiculously stupid to make a rather average and extremely inconsistent youngster a first team starter. When I advocate integrating youth I do so with common sense and reasoning.

For example,I would never champion the idea of playing Bamford ahead of costa but if he were to be as good as a young Brazilian Ronaldo or young Rooney playing with maturity above his years then that changes everything and I would be more open to such idea.

Fair enough.

Let the boss have the final (literally) word about it.

Asked about players coming later from holidays because of the WC José said how he's going to use them. He talked about their agreement, about how they can't exhaust Schurrle, Oscar, Ramires and Willian and then he made sure to conclude with 'Oscar again had a positive match' - something he didn't say about the others. 'Nuff said.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x24f4bw_mourinho-second-half-everything-was-us-hd_sport

Those are the facts I use to base my opinion in Oscar's role in the team. José keeps trusting him. With good reason imo.

Asked about players coming later from holidays because of the WC José said how he's going to use them. He talked about their agreement, about how they can't exhaust Schurrle, Oscar, Ramires and Willian and then he made sure to conclude with 'Oscar again had a positive match' - something he didn't say about the others. 'Nuff said.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x24f4bw_mourinho-second-half-everything-was-us-hd_sport

Those are the facts I use to base my opinion in Oscar's role in the team. José keeps trusting him. With good reason imo.

You just wait until they come up with something else just to make themselves seem right...

Not everyone has to agree with you or Mourinho. I think he had a relatively poor game except for a short spell in the second half. Schurrle was also poor. Willian came on and showed why he should start ahead of both of them.