Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

8 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Worrying that no left back is mentioned. We need a quality one! Hopefully it will not be two new centre-halves, Ivan on the right and Azpi on the left... If he is to stay into the starting lineup, Ivanovic must play as a centre back only and nothing more than that. 

Baba has big potential in my opinion.

I really don't see those left-backs apart from Coentrao. Rodriguez is a no go as his father said that he will move to Real sometime in the future.

The way I see it, we need 

1.) Workers in midfield, like Nainggolan, Vidal, Kante. 

2.) Top cb

3.) Goalscorer. Costa alone is not enough, we need someone who can guarantee at least 20 goals per season in all competitions.

Then if someone leaves like Matic, Cesc,...we would need their replacements too.

About LB; if Conte believes in Baba, he should be given a chance. No need to spend big again and then see Baba perform well at another club.

Oscar, Mikel, Cuadrado, Djilobodji should be sold to generate some funds, also Pedro to release space for already mentioned goalscorer. 

Courtois, Begovic

Top CB, Zouma, Cahill, Baba, Bane, Azpi, Terry/Christensen, Kenedy

Cesc, Matic, Nainggolan, Vidal/Kante, RLC, Willian, Hazard, Traore

Costa, Griezmann, backup striker

Thats 21 players. We would probably need backup for Cesc too, but its highly unrealistic we will bring more than 5 new players.

On 4/6/2016 at 6:56 PM, LDN Blue said:

Heard this a lot from Ligue 1 followers, even earned himself a lot of respect this season. Would add a good plethora of experience. 

Resisted the urge to go for Griezmann? Particularly if Atletico are keen on this Costa reunion, could prove an easy deal if Simeone wants the Cost. Griezmann & Lacazette?

How do you think Fabregas will do under Conte? On the ball Fabregas' talent can't be ignored but finding his right position in this team's proven.. difficult lol. Of course with Diarra and Matuidi he'd have a lot more freedom, would you play him higher than those two or sit in a 3?

Griezmann is not a #9 though, rather a supporting striker. Not the type to sit up top and lead the line.

I have no idea. You'd hope he would be able to flourish a bit with the right players around him. If he doesn't, drop him and sell him I say. But that's easier said than done. At his age and with his wages, only a few clubs can afford him. And do they want him? ....

3 hours ago, chelseafan26 said:

I just dont get the pedro love on here. 

In my opinion, the first 2 players out of the squad SHOULD be oscar and pedro. Atrocious Players. Definition of mediocrity.

Tbf you know it's bad when you're pining for the return of the David Luiz and #AzpilicuetaOut

On 09/04/2016 at 5:56 PM, chelseafan26 said:

I just dont get the pedro love on here. 

In my opinion, the first 2 players out of the squad SHOULD be oscar and pedro. Atrocious Players. Definition of mediocrity.

Pedro would be a useful squad player, not sure this is what he wants though because he could have been that in a much better team. Oscar I agree should be shipped regardless.

I like the vibe Conte is walking in with. I have an inkling he is distracted from his National Team job right now and seriously thinking about the Chelsea squad for next season. Also confident that the club will be able to secure transfers regardless of our lack of Champions League football.

15 hours ago, manpe said:

Pedro would be a useful squad player, not sure this is what he wants though because he could have been that in a much better team. Oscar I agree should be shipped regardless.

So can kenedy/Traore/Musonda. In a season with no CL, the only use for a squad player will be playing domestic cups or when the first teamers are injured/sub role. I would rather that it be given to kids than a headless chicken.

layers Brandon Nick Dan Chidge
Thibaut Courtois Keep Sell Keep Keep
Asmir Begovic Keep Keep Sell Keep
Cesar Azpilicueta Keep Keep Keep Keep
Gary Cahill Sell Sell Keep Keep
Branislav Ivanovic Keep Keep Keep Keep
John Terry Keep Keep Keep Keep
Kurt Zouma Keep Keep Keep Keep
Baba Rahman Keep Keep Keep Keep
Matt Miazga Keep Keep Keep Sell
Eden Hazard Keep Sell Keep Keep
Cesc Fabregas Keep Keep Keep Sell
Ruben Loftus-Cheek Keep Keep Keep Keep
Nemanja Matic Sell Keep Sell Sell
John Obi Mikel Keep Sell Sell Keep
Oscar Sell Sell Sell Sell
Pedro Keep Sell Sell Sell
Willian Keep Keep Keep Keep
Kenedy Keep Keep Keep Keep
Bertrand Traore Keep Keep Keep Keep
Pato Sell Sell Sell Sell
Remy Sell Sell Sell Sell
Falcao Sell Sell Sell Sell
Diego Costa Keep Keep Keep Keep

Loved this article and piece from WAGNH.

Mine would be something along the lines of 

Players

Replacement

Thibaut Courtois

Keep

X

Asmir Begovic

Keep

X

Cesar Azpilicueta

Keep

X

Gary Cahill

Sell

Christensen

Branislav Ivanovic

Sell

Ake

John Terry

Sell

Hummels/New CB

Kurt Zouma

Keep

X

Baba Rahman

Keep

X

Matt Miazga

Keep

X

Eden Hazard

Keep

X

Cesc Fabregas

Sell

Radja

Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Keep

X

Nemanja Matic

Keep

X

John Obi Mikel

Sell

Vidal/Kante

Oscar

Sell

Pjanic

Pedro

Sell

Musonda

Willian

Keep

X

Kenedy

Keep

X

Bertrand Traore

Keep

X

Pato

Sell

Baker

Remy

Sell

?

Falcao

Sell

?

Diego Costa

Keep

X

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 1:26 AM, iseah100 said:
15 hours ago, Strike said:

I like the vibe Conte is walking in with. I have an inkling he is distracted from his National Team job right now and seriously thinking about the Chelsea squad for next season. Also confident that the club will be able to secure transfers regardless of our lack of Champions League football.

I

I don't have the faith that you have in the Board in securing the right transfers.  They won't back Conte which is why I believe he will be out of the Bridge in less than 6 months.

The accountants have taken over and while CL football is an important goal, the main objective for them would be the biggest profits in transfers this summer.  Sell Costa, Courtouis and Hazard while buying championship level players for a couple of million quid and a loanee or two. 

1 hour ago, bellion said:

I don't have the faith that you have in the Board in securing the right transfers.  They won't back Conte which is why I believe he will be out of the Bridge in less than 6 months.

The accountants have taken over and while CL football is an important goal, the main objective for them would be the biggest profits in transfers this summer.  Sell Costa, Courtouis and Hazard while buying championship level players for a couple of million quid and a loanee or two. 

Stop making crap up, what you are saying is an utter fabrication. The board tried to support Jose, but his targets were unrealistic and the club were unable to get them. Going by the newsmedia reports, the club were clearly prepared to spend big money. 

3 hours ago, kiwi1691 said:

Stop making crap up, what you are saying is an utter fabrication. The board tried to support Jose, but his targets were unrealistic and the club were unable to get them. Going by the newsmedia reports, the club were clearly prepared to spend big money. 

It's an opinion not a fabrication so get that into that thick skull of yours.

Stones was a perfectly realistic target and the Board fucked it up or rather they never wanted to spend the money and made a great pretense of it.  Last minute inquiries for Marquinhos and Pogba made the whole summer transfer to be a bigger fiasco than it already was.  The fact that two-bit players like Papy and Hector were the alternatives clearly indicates that the Board was NEVER into spending big money.  If they were serious about it, there would be equivalent alternatives in terms of player quality.