Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Muller is going to stay, Pep's not, Ancelotti won't bench Mulller, not against these kind of opponents.
Sidelining Muller in such a game looks like a proper sabotage mission, Pep cares too much for getting his Spanish treble done;
lost all their first games against Spanish opposition in the semis. Very well done! :(

7 hours ago, chelseafan26 said:

I dont know how Carlo plans to use Muller but it would be a shambles of the greatest order if Muller is not used by the DON. 

I remember a former member on here stating Muller wouldn't get into most top XIs. An abomination of a statement, if there's any player in the world who could fit into any system its Muller. Versatile, adaptable and a threat from anywhere on the pitch, he's what Oxlade-Chamberlain should've been looking up to when developing as a all-round midfield player. 

Ancelotti will use him, should he say. It's been evident United were highly interested in Muller last year but Bayern weren't going to lose two club legends in one window like that, not with Kroos going the year before (or two). This summer's going to be one of the more interesting transfer windows, we're seeing clubs like Chelsea and Real Madrid planning to reinvent entirely while clubs like City, Bayern, United will be looking to add minimal players (perhaps United will spend more).

7 hours ago, chelseafan26 said:

Also, honestly speaking why would a mutliple CL, league and a world cup winning player come to a club with no identity, no european football, no guarantees of european football for the coming future. That would be one major step back in his career graph. So I dont have much hope, if any.

Again I go back to Bastian going to United. No CL football, no guarantees of it the following season, multiple CL/League/WC winner. 

As I always maintain on this forum, money talks. Regardless of who we're talking about, and yes there are exceptions and other factors, money will always be the most important commodity a player will look to have more of. Chelsea are arguably one of the highest paying employers in football right now, we're a mere £300,000 behind what United and Bayern paid out in 2015.

And it'll only get worse next year as the influx of money from the new TV deal for the 2016-19 PL will "confirm that England has the most powerful football league on the planet, with recent research suggesting all 20 Premier League clubs will immediately be in the world’s top 30 richest clubs."

1 hour ago, The Skipper said:

Don't understand why people are so adamant to sell off Fabregas. He can be a very useful player if in the right system. You need top options. Fabregas provides that. 

I dont know the reasons for the rest of the people, but I can sure give my reasons.

For the past 6 years, we have been in transition. We have no identity, we have no stability, we have no youth players coming through the ranks, now we have no european football. Despite continously putting in 100million pounds every year ( £475,959,000 in the last 5 years) yet we have been going from bad to worse. in 2007 and 2008 we were one of the best teams in the world and again, despite continously putting in millions of pounds, we are now not only out of the list of elite clubs but also out of the elite competition. I think its safe to say that we need a change. We need a change of approach, of mentality, of attitude.

So how do we do it? We are not in CL next season, have a new manager and yet we are looking to make a system around a 29 year old CM who runs like a 50 year old. No idea whats going to happen to him  when he gets 30 in a year. I am sorry but what have we learned from the past then? Lets leave aside the fact that can cesc actually play the "pirlo role" (as this seems to be the operational word on this forum), is a player so hopelessly unathletic at the prime age of his career, playing as a CM which requires a lot of legs and running around, is he the best player to make a system around him. If not then I think he simply is not a player to keep around if the system is not built around him. 

Personally, I will be willing to have no PL for 3 years if it means we can get some identity. Build the system around the likes of RLC, Radja, Hazard, Zouma, Andreas, Tibo. 

40 minutes ago, LDN Blue said:

Again I go back to Bastian going to United. No CL football, no guarantees of it the following season, multiple CL/League/WC winner. 

As I always maintain on this forum, money talks. Regardless of who we're talking about, and yes there are exceptions and other factors, money will always be the most important commodity a player will look to have more of. Chelsea are arguably one of the highest paying employers in football right now, we're a mere £300,000 behind what United and Bayern paid out in 2015.

And it'll only get worse next year as the influx of money from the new TV deal for the 2016-19 PL will "confirm that England has the most powerful football league on the planet, with recent research suggesting all 20 Premier League clubs will immediately be in the world’s top 30 richest clubs."

Sure money played its part, but i think there's more to it.
They both have history together, Van Gaal helped a lot to kick start Bastian's career, before all of that he was seen as a fair weather player.
Van Gaal worked his magic on him, he found the right position for him, there's still a bound between them.
In addition, he already was washed up, they couldn't pull off Muller for a reason, despite more money on the table, imo.
My point is, Conte has also his guys, some of them are already all over the media. Most of them don't fit the description 'world class', but they could do a good job over here.
Chelseafan26 made good points, world class players like Bale who don't know Conte personally are highly impossible, imo.

The amount of these kind of talents is limited (Bale, Dybala, Pogba and so on).
We're talking about players who most of the top clubs would immediately take if there's even a slight chance of snapping any of them up.
Hypothetically speaking, some them want to come here because we still pay a big salary, you've backed that one up, but what about the transfer fees?
I'm under the impression that Torres (2011) was the last one.
Everything's getting more and more expensive, that's how the world works, maybe too much for Chelsea. Every club in England is on the receiving end of the honey pot.
The rivals know that, a premium price for England will reduce the advantage. Do you really see a big change coming up?
It has already started with Loftus-Cheek, over are the days where a talent like Pogba demands 20k, now they want 60k.

Apart from money, do you remember how much Di Maria cried because of the lack of CL footie? They maybe sign the contracts, but some of them are still unhappy.

We'll see how it pans out. Maybe you're right, but i'm not sold on it. Not yet!

Regards!

1 hour ago, chelseafan26 said:

I dont know the reasons for the rest of the people, but I can sure give my reasons.

For the past 6 years, we have been in transition. We have no identity, we have no stability, we have no youth players coming through the ranks, now we have no european football. Despite continously putting in 100million pounds every year ( £475,959,000 in the last 5 years) yet we have been going from bad to worse. in 2007 and 2008 we were one of the best teams in the world and again, despite continously putting in millions of pounds, we are now not only out of the list of elite clubs but also out of the elite competition. I think its safe to say that we need a change. We need a change of approach, of mentality, of attitude.

So how do we do it? We are not in CL next season, have a new manager and yet we are looking to make a system around a 29 year old CM who runs like a 50 year old. No idea whats going to happen to him  when he gets 30 in a year. I am sorry but what have we learned from the past then? Lets leave aside the fact that can cesc actually play the "pirlo role" (as this seems to be the operational word on this forum), is a player so hopelessly unathletic at the prime age of his career, playing as a CM which requires a lot of legs and running around, is he the best player to make a system around him. If not then I think he simply is not a player to keep around if the system is not built around him. 

Personally, I will be willing to have no PL for 3 years if it means we can get some identity. Build the system around the likes of RLC, Radja, Hazard, Zouma, Andreas, Tibo. 

Spot on with Fabregas, but i don't think it would be a good idea to throw the towel for about three years.
The more talented players would want to leave, their time is limited, they don't want to wait for years to come for silverware we can't even guarantee.

Didn't Fabregas say on monday night football that Conte wants to win something as soon as possible?
If we don't address the weaknesses properly, i'm having a hunch that it's all gonna end in tears and Guus will be back sooner or later, lol.

But i don't want to be negative, not now, i've read a lot of negative stuff. <_<

On 4/20/2016 at 1:11 AM, Fernando said:

Arsenal confident of signing Granit Xhaka from Gladbach - sources

http://www.espnfc.us/story/2854635/arsenal-confident-of-signing-granit-xhaka-sources

Shouldn't we also be going for Xhaka? Since we need midfield. 

If Arsenal sign him it must mean he is not that good, so we better stay clear.

Feyenoord starlet Tahith Chong confirms Manchester United move

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2016/04/29/22927252/feyenoord-starlet-tahith-chong-confirms-manchester-united

By Chris Davie

29 Apr 2016 12:28:00

The 16-year-old has attracted interest from the Premier League's elite, including Arsenal and Chelsea, and claims the Dutch club have not done enough to keep him

Feyenoord starlet Tahith Chong has confirmed that he is nearing a move to Manchester United.

The 16-year-old, who was born in Curacao, has been linked with a host of Premier League clubs included Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester City.

But the forward insists Feyenoord's poor attempts to keep him at the club have persuaded him to move to Old Trafford.

"It was my intention to stay at Feyenoord, but no plan was made for me," he told Elf Voetbal.

On 28 April 2016 at 4:03 PM, chelseafan26 said:

I'm definitely not saying build the system around Cesc, but don't you think he can at the very least be a very good squad option? He isn't athletic but not many have the passing ability he does. I'd much rather someone like Cesc in the squad than Oscar. There are other players we need to sell before even touching Cesc. 

Cesc does not need to be sold because he can still contribute pretty effectively. Especially if we can get in a proper midfield (which we need to anyway, not because of Cesc per se). We're meant to be strengthening our squad, not make it weaker. 

On 28/04/2016 at 4:03 PM, chelseafan26 said:

:clap::clap::clap:

On 28 April 2016 at 5:52 PM, The Skipper said:

Don't understand why people are so adamant to sell off Fabregas. He can be a very useful player if in the right system. You need top options. Fabregas provides that. 

When people can be so eager to sell Hazard and Courtois then what is Fabregas

2 hours ago, The Skipper said:

I'm definitely not saying build the system around Cesc, but don't you think he can at the very least be a very good squad option? He isn't athletic but not many have the passing ability he does. I'd much rather someone like Cesc in the squad than Oscar. There are other players we need to sell before even touching Cesc. 

Cesc does not need to be sold because he can still contribute pretty effectively. Especially if we can get in a proper midfield (which we need to anyway, not because of Cesc per se). We're meant to be strengthening our squad, not make it weaker. 

Mate, I get what you are saying but would like to start my post with a bit of a disagreement.

Please dont compare Cesc to Oscar. Yes, Cesc has his faults. Glaring, frustrating, mind numbing faults but the guy is also a joy to watch when things are going right. He is a player who can be a match changer on his day and his technical ability when given space and time is almost second to none. You just compared this guy to one of the most hopelessly, devoid of any talent player who actually makes me pull out my hair everytime I see him on the pitch. 

Please dont. Lets not compare Oscar to ANY player otherwise we will end up re calling marko marin, in case Oscar is the player who sets the bar.

Now to cesc. There is plenty of ways to go around the rebuilding. If we go to the "expectations for next season" thread (or something on the similar lines), then we can see 2 broad categories. I would call them as - 1. Longhaul, 2 Instant Success.

Both of these have their pros and cons. Are we over-rating the youth? Are our youth really worth a shot and having 6/7 guys  not only in the squad (RLC, Ake, Andreas, Baker, Kenedy, Traore, musonda along with young players like Baba, Zouma) but actually a massive part in deciding the season? Or should we go down the lets just buy for now and deal with the consequences after 2 years.

Personally, I am willing to take the risk. Yes we might end up like Spurs and pool, But their also a chance of our own youth players playing and giving their all for the shirt.

Coming just to cesc. He is one of the highest earners in the team. Do you think that he would accept a bench role? Would he be successful on the bench? I might be wrong here, but he is a player who needs the team to play around him rather than him to come on the field and perform a bit-part Kalou role. He seems to be a player who can only work when the things are built around him. He needs the ball on his feet to thrive. I honestly dont think their is any other way. Otherwise, It would almost be like having Mata in the team but putting him on the wing and not letting him be your main play-maker. This is my main issue with cesc. If cesc stays, the only role he can be of any use to us is if he is our main playmaker. Which to me makes no sense for the numerous reason I gave in the first post. I can see us having another good season with him as our lynchpin and then getting screwed massive the year later and again in the market looking for a creative CM while berating RLC for not "developing" or "having the right attitude" despite him having no play time. 

I know what i want is bordering on impossible considering the board and the owner that are running this club to the ground. I also know that cesc will most probably be here come the next season. But a fan can dream. 

35 minutes ago, chelseafan26 said:

Mate, I get what you are saying but would like to start my post with a bit of a disagreement.

Please dont compare Cesc to Oscar. Yes, Cesc has his faults. Glaring, frustrating, mind numbing faults but the guy is also a joy to watch when things are going right. He is a player who can be a match changer on his day and his technical ability when given space and time is almost second to none. You just compared this guy to one of the most hopelessly, devoid of any talent player who actually makes me pull out my hair everytime I see him on the pitch. 

Please dont. Lets not compare Oscar to ANY player otherwise we will end up re calling marko marin, in case Oscar is the player who sets the bar.

Now to cesc. There is plenty of ways to go around the rebuilding. If we go to the "expectations for next season" thread (or something on the similar lines), then we can see 2 broad categories. I would call them as - 1. Longhaul, 2 Instant Success.

Both of these have their pros and cons. Are we over-rating the youth? Are our youth really worth a shot and having 6/7 guys  not only in the squad (RLC, Ake, Andreas, Baker, Kenedy, Traore, musonda along with young players like Baba, Zouma) but actually a massive part in deciding the season? Or should we go down the lets just buy for now and deal with the consequences after 2 years.

Personally, I am willing to take the risk. Yes we might end up like Spurs and pool, But their also a chance of our own youth players playing and giving their all for the shirt.

Coming just to cesc. He is one of the highest earners in the team. Do you think that he would accept a bench role? Would he be successful on the bench? I might be wrong here, but he is a player who needs the team to play around him rather than him to come on the field and perform a bit-part Kalou role. He seems to be a player who can only work when the things are built around him. He needs the ball on his feet to thrive. I honestly dont think their is any other way. Otherwise, It would almost be like having Mata in the team but putting him on the wing and not letting him be your main play-maker. This is my main issue with cesc. If cesc stays, the only role he can be of any use to us is if he is our main playmaker. Which to me makes no sense for the numerous reason I gave in the first post. I can see us having another good season with him as our lynchpin and then getting screwed massive the year later and again in the market looking for a creative CM while berating RLC for not "developing" or "having the right attitude" despite him having no play time. 

I know what i want is bordering on impossible considering the board and the owner that are running this club to the ground. I also know that cesc will most probably be here come the next season. But a fan can dream. 

I understand where you're coming from, it's a sound argument but you still need senior players in the squad and Cesc is one of those, and the good thing is he actually has ability unlike someone like Oscar so he can be useful in some scenarios - i.e. when we're playing teams that park the bus, give us space to do our thing. You'd want Fabregas in your team in this case no? Or at least as an option.

I can see ourselves being in these sort of situations enough times for Cesc to actually be useful for us. We need a competitive midfield, a competitive team. That starts with keeping players like Fabregas - even if we intend on getting in someone better. My point is that you need a competitive squad. You don't want to be relying on just one player who'll have no one on his toes just in case he doesn't perform well enough. Something similar to the Matic and Mikel situation. Matic dropped form massively and Mikel isn't a great replacement for him now is he? Similarly, you want good replacements. It can work. Look at Bayern for example - they've got the likes of Thiago, Vidal, Alonso, Muller, Martinez and then have players like Rode, Gotze and even Alaba who can all play in the center of the pitch. That's the sort of level we should be aiming for in my opinion. You have to keep Cesc if you're aiming for that. It allows for rotation, competitiveness, and prevents the massive drop in quality if anyone gets injured. 

Something like (especially if we sell Oscar, this midfield would make the most sense IMO); Fabregas, Pjanic, Nainggolan, Matic, RLC. That is an elite midfield right there IMO. If Matic goes down, Nainggolan shifts in to DM and we play someone like RLC next to him and someone like Fabregas. That's still a very good midfield. Similarly if one of Fabregas or Pjanic goes down we still have the options. If we are playing against teams that will offer us more space, why not play both Pjanic and Fabregas? This is the level we should be aiming for IMO!