Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

What about Jordie Clasie or Kevin Strootman?

Both good young midfielders..I like Strootman but PSV won't sell in January unless we pay 25 million. Also, there would be competition from Fergie if we tried to sign Strootman, cause he's been on United's wishlist for 2-3 years.

We're Chelsea. We have lots of money. :blue scalf:

Time to stop just buying prospects - I want a top-class centre-back please. (or near-enough top class.)

Give me Subotic, Hummels.. or.. oh crap. I'm already out of top class centre-backs who don't play for a selling club. :blush:

Ok well there's one prospect I'd like us to get... Jores Okore.

I'm sure most of you remember him.

He's basically a defender version of Drogba :wub:

We need to buy a CB. I think it's a more pressing priority than CM. Luiz is well...If he keeps this up surely he's on the path to being sold. JT's career is winding down fast.

Subotic and Hummels are definitely top of the tree. Not too many other class defenders that are 'available'.

We need to buy a CB. I think it's a more pressing priority than CM. Luiz is well...If he keeps this up surely he's on the path to being sold. JT's career is winding down fast.

Subotic and Hummels are definitely top of the tree. Not too many other class defenders that are 'available'.

Wouldn't mind Papadopolous (mind the spelling).

Yes JT is getting older, but he will be the first CB on the team sheet until the end of the season, cause he's still our best one. Now the question is if Cahill-Terry is good enough for this season, but no metter what the answer is, there is no way Subotic and Hummels will leave in January. Same as Lewandowski, Dzeko, Falcao and Cavani.

Yes, actually I would. People are vastly overrating Sturridge out of the desperation to find an alternative to Torres. Sturridge is not really better IMO. I'm pretty tired of Torres too but I like that his link up play is good and he allows us to at least play reasonably well in terms of creativity and movement. More so than Sturridge who I think just does not have a future here.

Add in other factors like Torres' wages and Sturridge's contract situation and its clear which one needs to go first.

I seriousley dont get where and/or how they see that torres has good link up play. His touch is horrible and he does nothing good.

We got players to be creative and linkup what we need is a striker. We are depending and relying on our other players to score and not our striker . Thats stuipid.

Id say Danny is better than torres in every aspect of the game except for defensive skills but we dont need a defensive striker... We need one that scores, moves in the box, creates spaces and puts some presure on the oppositions defense. Every other big team has someone like that upfront and Wei used to aswell.

Torres needs to go.

KonohasOrangeFlash, on 07 November 2012 - 07:45 AM, said:

Yes, actually I would. People are vastly overrating Sturridge out of the desperation to find an alternative to Torres. Sturridge is not really better IMO. I'm pretty tired of Torres too but I like that his link up play is good and he allows us to at least play reasonably well in terms of creativity and movement. More so than Sturridge who I think just does not have a future here.

Add in other factors like Torres' wages and Sturridge's contract situation and its clear which one needs to go first

Don't agree here at all. I want Sturridge to stay, young, quick, PROVEN goalscorer. Exactly what we are looking for.

Torres is shit, can't finish for shit, scared to shoot, ok link up play at best. I fucking hate the sight of him in our shirt. Cause he is nowhere near the standard needed. Give Sturridge the same games as Torres has had, no brainer Sturridge outscores Torres easily. The sooner Torres goes the better. It's beyond me why DS has NEVER been given a chance here, yet Torres is our main goalscorer who is dogshit. Sturridge can do no worse, we are literally playing with 10 men when Torres is on.

For me Out: Torres (im praying) and Malouda

In: Falcao and a CB

Just if Bony comes, isnt he also going to Afcon too?

I would like to see him here, seems like mature player, strong with good shot and also fine ball

control. But if he comes, he should be first choice (if he performs well), not backup for Torres.

I don't quite understand all the love for Okore...

It's quit simple really: he played well against Chelsea so the collective grew a hard on. It always happens; like when Falcao scored that hat trick, sure people wanted him beforehand but afterwards is when the circle jerk really begain.