Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

In : Kompany

Out : Luiz

Is there a dislike buttom?

We will never get Kompany and I dont see a reason to sell Luiz. Why cant he have a vote of confidence?

Cahill and Terry arent playing much better either, and people dont go shouting for his departure...

Maybe he won't be on Hazard or Oscars level but he will be miles ahead of Sturridge.

Really interested in why you're thinking that Moses is gonna be better than Sturridge.

Seriously, I'm really interested in why people tend to say that Danny won't come good. Is there any serious doubt about his attitude or whatsoever, because talking about his potential I don't see why he shouldn't become a brilliant striker.

If he was a young player on reasonable wages, he would be considered to have done okay. Now he is the seventh most paid footballer on the planet with huge expectations and compared to any other striker who earns even half that amount it's hard to find someone who has done worse than him. Being Chelsea's undisputed number one striker and with the teammates he currently has playing beside him he should be contributing as much as the likes of Van Persie or Aguero are. Hell, at the moment I would even settle for him being as good as Jermain Defoe but we can only keep on dreaming...

Okay fair enough, but we're just two months into the season and he had a decent start having already scored 6 goals. Problem is, after the international round up he had 3 not so great games and the bashing started all over again. Against Shakhtar and Swansea he wasn't the only one underperforming, but he appeared to get most of the blame by the fans. I am not saying I am perfectly happy with his performance, but seeing people screaming Torres out when he fails to score in a few games is annoying and ridiculous. He deserves at least to finish the season with us and then we can make a complete evaluation.

Ya'd honestly swear sturridge was the second coming of christ or something,

I mean he's at a good player at best, maybe even a quality player for a mid table team, but thats it, he's simply not good enough,

If torres even got to 20% of his former self he'd be better then sturridge, and atm neither do i really trust but im still going with Torres,

Why? experience at least, along with the myriad of other factors

Okay fair enough, but we're just two months into the season and he had a decent start having already scored 6 goals. Problem is, after the international round up he had 3 not so great games and the bashing started all over again. Against Shakhtar and Swansea he wasn't the only one underperforming, but he appeared to get most of the blame by the fans. I am not saying I am perfectly happy with his performance, but seeing people screaming Torres out when he fails to score in a few games is annoying and ridiculous. He deserves at least to finish the season with us and then we can make a complete evaluation.

Torres has now played like shit for four games straight and even got himself sent off in one of them. Sure, the second yellow card against United was ridiculous but he was lucky not to get a straight red in the first half and that's quite something for a player who was so invisible we probably wouldn't even have known was on the pitch if not for those few major fuck ups.

And you saying it's not okay to blame a single player if the whole team underperforms is part of the problem for me. A player we all expect Torres to be should be able to bail us out by scoring a goal out of nowhere when the team is playing badly because that is exactly what the leading strikers of our rival teams do week in week out. Torres is definitely not that kind of a player and instead he hides in his shell if the team is having a difficult game. Don't know about others but to me that is unacceptable.

Anyway, that's enough off topic because discussing Torres in this thread is pointless. We all know he's not leaving, even though he should.

Torres has now played like shit for four games straight and even got himself sent off in one of them. Sure, the second yellow card against United was ridiculous but he was lucky not to get a straight red in the first half and that's quite something for a player who was so invisible we probably wouldn't even have known was on the pitch if not for those few major fuck ups.

And you saying it's not okay to blame a single player if the whole team underperforms is part of the problem for me. A player we all expect Torres to be should be able to bail us out by scoring a goal out of nowhere when the team is playing badly because that is exactly what the leading strikers of our rival teams do week in week out. Torres is definitely not that kind of a player and instead he hides in his shell if the team is having a difficult game. Don't know about others but to me that is unacceptable.

Anyway, that's enough off topic because discussing Torres in this thread is pointless. We all know he's not leaving, even though he should.

But he's never really been that type of player, and sturridge certainly isnt.

But he's never really been that type of player, and sturridge certainly isnt.

I didn't mean him scoring a screamer from outside the box or anything like that but if the team is having trouble, the least he could do is score from those rare chances when he's either one on one with the goalkeeper or gets a great chance at a header. At Liverpool he was exactly like I just described but now he's afraid to even shoot when he's in a great position.

And I wasn't saying Sturridge is the answer but for now we'd be better off starting with him because he might have a future at Chelsea but in the last two years it has slowly become crystal clear that Torres does not and we're just playing him because he cost a shitload of money.

I didn't mean him scoring a screamer from outside the box or anything like that but if the team is having trouble, the least he could do is score from those rare chances when he's either one on one with the goalkeeper or gets a great chance at a header. At Liverpool he was exactly like I just described but now he's afraid to even shoot when he's in a great position.

And I wasn't saying Sturridge is the answer but for now we'd be better off starting with him because he might have a future at Chelsea but in the last two years it has slowly become crystal clear that Torres does not and we're just playing him because he cost a shitload of money.

Neither player has shown to take any of the easy chances tho and have wasted as much as they scored, therefore Torres being the better player all around is the obvious choice.

As I said, I agree there is still huge room for improvement in order for Nando to be the player we expect him to be. I just expressed my disappointment that he doesn't get enough support from our fans and you for example, judging from your post you chose not to give him credit for his good start of the season and decided to slate him for his last 3 matches instead (not counting the Spurs tie because he played well IMO and was very unlucky not to score).

Good to see that another thread has been taken over by Torres.

I've said it before but Torres is inclusive to everything.

Hazard had a good game? Well he certainly played better than Torres.

Luiz had a bad game? He was even more worse than Torres!

Girlfriend broke up with you? Well at least Torres scored.

All Rambo can do is run. I hope we get someone like Benat, who can make long passes, keeps possesion and dictate midfield. Unfortunely, I like Rambos work and contribution, but he offers only stamina and pace. Sell Torres and bring in either Falcao/Cavani or Lewandowskin as cheaper option.

Hopefuly we get in january-summer

Striker: Falcao/Cavani/Lewandowski

CM (loan till summer): Benat/Tino

Costa/Fernandinho/Ever Banega/Capoue/Bender

Winger: James Rodriguez

CB: Papadopoulos/Subotic

LB: Alex Sandro/Schmeltzer/Nacho Monreal