Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

I can"t believe I am reading this? You still think that way even after watching all these games and him being nothing else but a crap?

dont bother dude. some people are, well u know...

Yes, actually I would. People are vastly overrating Sturridge out of the desperation to find an alternative to Torres. Sturridge is not really better IMO. I'm pretty tired of Torres too but I like that his link up play is good and he allows us to at least play reasonably well in terms of creativity and movement. More so than Sturridge who I think just does not have a future here.

Add in other factors like Torres' wages and Sturridge's contract situation and its clear which one needs to go first.

Both are poor excuses for strikers right now. Sturridge is really overrated because hes young and English I think and well Torres is just awful. Sturridge has potential but not potential like Oscar, Hazard, Moses etc. He will be a decent player not a world beater, hes so predictable too. If he wants to be a good player hes gonna have to start using his right foot... If Dannys so good why didn't Robbie not use him last season? Oh wait hes not that good obviously! And yes I said Moses has better potential than Sturridge because I believe he does. Sturridge lacks a footballers brain, doesn't track back, doesn't pass to others in better positions where as Moses excels tactically and will pass to others in good positions and is one hell of a player in the making.

Well Torres is the most likely reason why Sturridge has yet to sign a new contract. He knows he's just as good, if not better than Torres atm...but what can you do, we're sacrificing a talented young striker who isn't afraid to shoot in order to keep the hopeless Torres as our main striker.

It's clear that Torres should be the one to go first..but considering no club would be stupid enough to pay him 175,000 a week...the chances of Torres leaving in January are very low.

the point is if we actually want to sell torres i really dont think therre will be shortage of buyers. i still remember the hype everywhere when torres scored that goal against newcastle. u would think that it was the first time some1 had scored such an awesome goal. so players like torres never get short of suitors IN MY OPINION. maybe pool themselves would buy him back (in their desperation). moreover selling sturridge would be stupid. he deserves a fair chance with mazacar behind him i can feel that he can create havoc. and u r probably right about the reason y danny is not signin a contract.

Both are poor excuses for strikers right now. Sturridge is really overrated because hes young and English I think and well Torres is just awful. Sturridge has potential but not potential like Oscar, Hazard, Moses etc. He will be a decent player not a world beater, hes so predictable too. If he wants to be a good player hes gonna have to start using his right foot...

Moses won't be a 'world-beater'. He's a talented player like Sturridge..but it doesn't look like he'll be on the same level as Hazard, Oscar.

The good thing about Moses is that he's a big upgrade on Kalou.

Most of you are unfair towards Nando. I agree his first year in the Bridge was dismal, but from April till now I actually believe he has done okay. It appears he is always the one who gets stick from our fans and the media when the entire team plays poorly. Sigh.. I guess that will never change.

Ontopic: I can definitely see Malouda go and if someone new comes along it will be some striker, but it won't be anyone from the likes of Falcao.

Moses won't be a 'world-beater'. He's a talented player like Sturridge..but it doesn't look like he'll be on the same level as Hazard, Oscar.

The good thing about Moses is that he's a big upgrade on Kalou.

You're underrating Moses. He has everything: talent, good attitude, ambition, pace, strength, footballing intelligence, tactical knowledge, ability scores goals and create them. Why can't he be a world beater with all that? Hes much further on in his development than Sturridge is right now. Marin is the Kalou replacement imo. Moses will be a first team player in a season or two time. Maybe he won't be on Hazard or Oscars level but he will be miles ahead of Sturridge. I have big hopes for him as does Robbie, hence why he talked so highly of him when he signed.

Both are poor excuses for strikers right now. Sturridge is really overrated because hes young and English I think and well Torres is just awful. Sturridge has potential but not potential like Oscar, Hazard, Moses etc. He will be a decent player not a world beater, hes so predictable too. If he wants to be a good player hes gonna have to start using his right foot... If Dannys so good why didn't Robbie not use him last season? Oh wait hes not that good obviously! And yes I said Moses has better potential than Sturridge because I believe he does. Sturridge lacks a footballers brain, doesn't track back, doesn't pass to others in better positions where as Moses excels tactically and will pass to others in good positions and is one hell of a player in the making.

because we had DIDIER blue%20scalf.gifblue%20scalf.gifblue%20scalf.gif ... but u r being very harsh on danny. he deserves some time and definitely more than 1 carling cup game to decide his fate.

because we had DIDIER blue%20scalf.gifblue%20scalf.gifblue%20scalf.gif ... but u r being very harsh on danny. he deserves some time and definitely more than 1 carling cup game to decide his fate.

I don't feel I'm being harsh on Danny. I just feel he is vastly overrated because hes young and English. Happens with a lot of players, like Ross Barkley at Everton who we were linked to after ONE GAME for 25 million pounds...... my point exactly.

I don't feel I'm being harsh on Danny. I just feel he is vastly overrated because hes young and English. Happens with a lot of players, like Ross Barkley at Everton who we were linked to after ONE GAME for 25 million pounds...... my point exactly.

i get that. but transfer listing him already would be harsh. he has had 1 game this season. he might not be the best striker in the world but with mazacar behind him all we need to have is some1 who can finish one on one situations (danny definitely does that) and some1 who can once in a while shoot arbitarily and give us a way out of harsh situations (he has got that aspect too). so just saying that while some1 like falcao or cavani might murder defenses with mazacar, danny himself is not that bad an option.

moreover it makes no sense selling some1 like danny for 10mil to pool (last year of contract, dont think we can get more) when we can get a lot more (as u said highly over rated). then we ll spend another 30-40-50 mil on a striker and bench him to make the blonde happy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2229167/Chelsea-set-sign-Wallace-Fluminense-5m-deal.html#ixzz2BX2RAFHd

Daily Mail seems to think the transfer will be made official on Monday. According to them he would then join Chelsea as early as January or alternatively be loaned back to Fluminense till next summer.

Most of you are unfair towards Nando. I agree his first year in the Bridge was dismal, but from April till now I actually believe he has done okay. It appears he is always the one who gets stick from our fans and the media when the entire team plays poorly. Sigh.. I guess that will never change.

Ontopic: I can definitely see Malouda go and if someone new comes along it will be some striker, but it won't be anyone from the likes of Falcao.

If he was a young player on reasonable wages, he would be considered to have done okay. Now he is the seventh most paid footballer on the planet with huge expectations and compared to any other striker who earns even half that amount it's hard to find someone who has done worse than him. Being Chelsea's undisputed number one striker and with the teammates he currently has playing beside him he should be contributing as much as the likes of Van Persie or Aguero are. Hell, at the moment I would even settle for him being as good as Jermain Defoe but we can only keep on dreaming...

I don't think we'll sign anyone significant. A bunch of youngsters maybe. I can see us diving in only if Sturridge should leave, then we'll be left with no choice to either recall Lukaku (unlikely) or sign a striker.

Yes, actually I would. People are vastly overrating Sturridge out of the desperation to find an alternative to Torres. Sturridge is not really better IMO. I'm pretty tired of Torres too but I like that his link up play is good and he allows us to at least play reasonably well in terms of creativity and movement. More so than Sturridge who I think just does not have a future here.

Add in other factors like Torres' wages and Sturridge's contract situation and its clear which one needs to go first.

Who has exactly been overrating Danny? All people are saying is that he deserves a solid chance upfront. You've made your mind up after he's only had one start?

Do you really think the club will have 2 expensive strikers on the books? I think that's unrealistic.