Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

32 minutes ago, marflow said:

This is the squad I want to see next season :

GK: Courtois, C.Gordon. Eduardo
CB: Luiz, VVD, Christensen, Cahill, Azpilicueta
WB: Moses, Mendy, Alonso, (Azpilicueta, Fabinho)
CM: Kanté, Fabinho, Fabregas, Matic. Chalobah
WF: Hazard, Sanchez, Pedro, Willian
ST: Belotti  (Sanchez,Pedro)

Easuily, without several purchase
CB: Luiz, Christensen, Ake,zouma, Azpilicueta (Alonso)
WB: Moses, Alonso, (Azpilicueta) [Shaw]
CM: Kanté, Fabregas, Matic. Chalobah
WF: Hazard, Pedro,musonda, [Ousmane],XX
ST:  XX (XX,Pedro)
other player who could be in first team  between loans : traore, Kennedy,baker...

6 hours ago, marflow said:

That's only a 20 man squad, way too small if we're challenging on all fronts. I do like the make up though. Maybe give someone like Tammy Abraham a chance as back up striker might be in Toni's thinking. We still need 8 HG players, don't forget. In that squad we've just got Fabregas, Chalobah, Moses, Christensen, Cahill and Gordon - which leaves two spots open. Which means we have space for 2 academy products. I'd love to see Baker and Ake fill those two spots. Tammy doesn't have to register either as he's U21. 

A variation of your squad for me would be:

Courtois, Gordon?, Eduardo

Azpi, Christensen, Luiz, Cahill, Ake

Semedo?, Moses, Mendy?, Alonso

Kante, Fabregas, Fabinho?, Chalobah, Baker

Hazard, Sanchez?, Pedro, Willian

Lukaku?, Abraham

Ake, Christensen, Chalobah and possibly Baker should get chances next season as they all are deserving one and they have earned it. We will need a bigger squad due to CL and Conte needs to rotate the squad often. I'm sure we will go into the market to make marquee signings but we shouldnt overlook what we have in hand. 

Musonda, Tammy, Boga, Brown, Loftus-Cheek, Aina needs to be sent out to better clubs (specially Tammy & Musonda) who could provide them regular game time to assess them for the future. 

23 hours ago, marflow said:

Would take out Gordon, replace with Diego Lopez

Remove VVD, replace with Koulibaly. Keep Ake in the squad. 

Remove Fabinho, replace Nainggolan. Add Baker to the midfield. 

Remove Sanchez, replace with Lemar. 

Belotti or Lukaku would be fine to me. 

What I think Chelsea do this summer. Not necessarily what I personally want. 

1.) Use China money from Costa sale to fund: Romelu Lukaku. The writing is on the wall, Chelsea want him at all costs, even using Drogba to drive the deal. It's happening, just gotta accept this reality. 

2.) Alexis Sanchez. Is Clearly, Conte's #1 Priority. 

3.) Bakayoko. (Would rather we sign Fabinho whose the better all-around football player. But Bakayoko's contract is winding down, and is the cheaper option.)

4.) Virgil Van Dijk. (According to numerous reports, VVD really wants CFC and Conte wants another ball-playing CB. This is definitely happening.) 

5.) Lastly, we may just sign a Left-Wing-Back  but idk who. (Hopefully it's Mendy like other people want, but I think Mendy goes to City)

6.) Christensen is sent on loan again me thinks. Either back to BMG or another PL team... I think Christensen will be groomed as the long-term replacement for Cahill. 

Chelsea needs minimum 4 certified Starting XI type signings, but because Lukaku will be brought in as a direct replacement for Costa, a 5th signing needs to still happen. That's a lot to ask of a club, especially if many are looked at as 1st team starters. And that pretty much wraps up the window me thinks.

I think @marflow nearly got CFC's squad for next season correct.
Here's what I think it shakes out for next season 

GK: Courtois, Begovic?, Eduardo

CB: Luiz, VVD, Cahill, Azpilicueta, Ake

WB: Moses, Alonso, NEW LWB, (Azpi)

CM: Kante, Bakayoko, Fabregas, Matic, Chalobah

WF: Hazard, Sanchez, Pedro, Willian, RLC. 

ST: Lukaku, (Sanchez), Batshuayi. 

Regardless of whatever else happens in the summer. If Chelsea don't do everything they can to unsettle/sign Alexis Sanchez, it'll be a major dissapointment. 

On 4/19/2017 at 10:11 PM, Belgiannutt said:

Said it before, would love to have Lemar on the LWB position. Him and Hazard would be a nightmare to defend against. 

Wouldn't mind a Bakayoko- Kante midfield if it meant more attack-minded wingbacks.

Yep Yep. 

That is exactly what I'm hoping Conte is thinking for next season as well. It's starting to really annoy me how defensive our WB's are, in the sense that they are told to always drop very deep and mark the opposing Winger instead of opposing full-back. With Alonso, it's a sad reality that he just cannot be asked to press because he'd be skinned alive; and so while I hate it, at least he's been winning his duels for the most part when defending deeper.

But what also bothers me is that Moses isn't given that freedom to press further up at all. He's playing ahead of Azpi- a born RB. so why doesn't Conte allow Moses the freedom to press further up from time-to-time? The answer may be because of balance.. or a deeper tactical explanation, but leaving the right-hand side a tad bit more exposed where Kante- Azpi are playing should be a risk Conte is comfortable taking sometimes no? 

My ultimate fear is this.. if we persist with this 3-4-3.. We gotta get a more athletic LWB like you mentioned, that is better in 1v1 situations. And if next season, with a Midfield pair of Bakayoko & Kante (like I imagine we'll have), two absolute tanks in midfield.. That's simply got to be leveraged into greater freedom for the Wing-Backs to not only press but also partake in risky attacking plays, AND also because a Bakayoko-Kante midfield is as anti-football a CM pairing we'll ever see. And that's just the truth.

*Little Tangent*--> Atleast with a Fabinho-Kante pairing, while Fabinho may not be AS explosive as Bakayoko running with the ball, he's no slouch at it. And, his general passing ability is miles better than Bakayoko's will ever be imo. The latter might improve slightly, but imagine relying on a CM duo whose passing is something Conte has to hope gets better with time than it already being an asset.  

7 hours ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

What I think Chelsea do this summer. Not necessarily what I personally want. 

1.) Use China money from Costa sale to fund: Romelu Lukaku. The writing is on the wall, Chelsea want him at all costs, even using Drogba to drive the deal. It's happening, just gotta accept this reality. 

2.) Alexis Sanchez. Is Clearly, Conte's #1 Priority. 

3.) Bakayoko. (Would rather we sign Fabinho whose the better all-around football player. But Bakayoko's contract is winding down, and is the cheaper option.)

4.) Virgil Van Dijk. (According to numerous reports, VVD really wants CFC and Conte wants another ball-playing CB. This is definitely happening.) 

5.) Lastly, we may just sign a Left-Wing-Back  but idk who. (Hopefully it's Mendy like other people want, but I think Mendy goes to City)

6.) Christensen is sent on loan again me thinks. Either back to BMG or another PL team... I think Christensen will be groomed as the long-term replacement for Cahill. 

Chelsea needs minimum 4 certified Starting XI type signings, but because Lukaku will be brought in as a direct replacement for Costa, a 5th signing needs to still happen. That's a lot to ask of a club, especially if many are looked at as 1st team starters. And that pretty much wraps up the window me thinks.

I think @marflow nearly got CFC's squad for next season correct.
Here's what I think it shakes out for next season 

GK: Courtois, Begovic?, Eduardo

CB: Luiz, VVD, Cahill, Azpilicueta, Ake

WB: Moses, Alonso, NEW LWB, (Azpi)

CM: Kante, Bakayoko, Fabregas, Matic, Chalobah

WF: Hazard, Sanchez, Pedro, Willian, RLC. 

ST: Lukaku, (Sanchez), Batshuayi. 

Regardless of whatever else happens in the summer. If Chelsea don't do everything they can to unsettle/sign Alexis Sanchez, it'll be a major dissapointment. 

Sounds almost right. Of course, I'm guessing that you're one who would rather have a player like a Belotti or Mbappe?

fullbacks and wingbacks are a such premium right now and maybe getting one top-notch WB/FB seems like a big task for any club. Does it seem like the all-around footballer who plays well at FB or CM is more rare nowadays?

Another very interesting prospect for the LWB role besides Mendy is Theo Hernandez of Atletico on loan to Alaves this season. Fast, strong, very good dribbler and a decent crosser. Will cost 21m only due to his release clause but both the Spanish giants seem to be interested. 

2 hours ago, quickpassnmove said:

Sounds almost right. Of course, I'm guessing that you're one who would rather have a player like a Belotti or Mbappe?

fullbacks and wingbacks are a such premium right now and maybe getting one top-notch WB/FB seems like a big task for any club. Does it seem like the all-around footballer who plays well at FB or CM is more rare nowadays?

After watching realmadrid vs bayern, realmadrid vs Barcelona and Monaco in the Champions League, it is crucial for us to get a fast energetic, dribbling wing-back if we want to play attacking football as a team.

Everyone praised ronaldo for scoring a hatrick against bayern, but did they see the number of times marcelo and carvajal dribbled past people on the wings and put in fantastic crosses to create all those chances? Everyone praised messi for the last minute winner, but did they see how Sergio Roberto ran from his defence into the attack that led to the messi last minute winner???

Modern attacking football cannot do without energetic wingbacks that can dribble past opponents and create chances. Monaco and Madrid prove this with two wingbacks and Chelsea cannot stay behind the times if we're serious about competing in Europe. 

3 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

After watching realmadrid vs bayern, realmadrid vs Barcelona and Monaco in the Champions League, it is crucial for us to get a fast energetic, dribbling wing-back if we want to play attacking football as a team.

Everyone praised ronaldo for scoring a hatrick against bayern, but did they see the number of times marcelo and carvajal dribbled past people on the wings and put in fantastic crosses to create all those chances? Everyone praised messi for the last minute winner, but did they see how Sergio Roberto ran from his defence into the attack that led to the messi last minute winner???

Modern attacking football cannot do without energetic wingbacks that can dribble past opponents and create chances. Monaco and Madrid prove this with two wingbacks and Chelsea cannot stay behind the times if we're serious about competing in Europe. 

Amen. :clap:

Marcelo played like a God his last two games. Literally the best fullback displays I've seen this season in back-2-back, high-stake matches. Do you remember even in pre-season when we lost to Real Madrid and Marcelo was single-handedly destroying us? Yeah.. we seriously need a new athletic-LWB ASAP. 

But like i mentioned earlier because of our desperate needs to 1.)Adequately replace Costa, 2.)Sign a RF/LF 3.)A CM, 4.)A CB and then 5.)LWB as-well.. im not sure the club will view wing-backs as a major priority. Very hard to fill all of our flaws in ONE window. 

3 hours ago, quickpassnmove said:

You mean who can play both positions? If so, that would be Fabinho (CM&RB) but we have the right wing wing covered with Moses & Azpi. 

Finding a good all-around footballer for LWB, the only two names that spring to mind are Semedo and Mendy... but All the top clubs will be after those two.

We all know that what Conte said “It’s important to understand that it’s not always who spends money who wins”

But thats what scares me. Theres no doubting that IF we want to be taken serious in the CL then we need some proper investment.

I'm hoping that the Dons not got that same illness Mou had thinking he could do the same thing all oiver again with same team!

Ive got this forboding feeling we will get basic transfers without looking at upgrades nor depth.

Purely a 1 in 1 out summer!

PLEASE guys tell me I'm just panicing!

If we can sign two wing backs (Semedo&Alex Sandro would be unbelievable), a center back (or recall Christensen), central midfielder, winger and a striker of a good level then I think we will be doing well. But again I don't know because I can imagine Baba Rahman being a good option to play left wing back along with the likes of Baker and Abraham being considered for the next phase in their development here. Who knows but we cant stand still. We need to go and sign 3 or 4 quality players to provide depth and the ability to change games. 

24 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

We all know that what Conte said “It’s important to understand that it’s not always who spends money who wins”

But thats what scares me. Theres no doubting that IF we want to be taken serious in the CL then we need some proper investment.

I'm hoping that the Dons not got that same illness Mou had thinking he could do the same thing all oiver again with same team!

Ive got this forboding feeling we will get basic transfers without looking at upgrades nor depth.

you are just panicking. We will be spending money in the summer. 

41 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Jose never thought that.

Before the window opened, long before, he talked about the need for several players, and for getting the business done "before the holidays". I.E. he wanted the signings in place early. Later on, when signings did not materialise, he changed his tune to try to pretend all was calm and under control.

As for whether the Don is right or not, it depends on timescale. Over the short term,  aberrations can happen. In the long run however, money talks. Show me a league which is not dominated by its richest clubs.

Spending money will not guarantee that you have good judgement, that is to say that you will choose to buy the right players. Nor will it mean that the good players will choose to join your club. A big budget does mean however that if your first transfer decision was a mistake you can try, try and try again until you get it right, or until the right player says yes to your offer.

In the end money inevitably talks. If we manage to hold on and secure the title, then the Premier League will have been won by one of it's three biggest budget clubs in all but one season since it came into existence.

59 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Jose never thought that.

Before the window opened, long before, he talked about the need for several players, and for getting the business done "before the holidays". I.E. he wanted the signings in place early. Later on, when signings did not materialise, he changed his tune to try to pretend all was calm and under control.

As for whether the Don is right or not, it depends on timescale. Over the short term,  aberrations can happen. In the long run however, money talks. Show me a league which is not dominated by its richest clubs.

Spending money will not guarantee that you have good judgement, that is to say that you will choose to buy the right players. Nor will it mean that the good players will choose to join your club. A big budget does mean however that if your first transfer decision was a mistake you can try, try and try again until you get it right, or until the right player says yes to your offer.

In the end money inevitably talks. If we manage to hold on and secure the title, then the Premier League will have been won by one of it's three biggest budget clubs in all but one season since it came into existence.

My mind was always split on Mous 'the missed transfer windows' There was the egotistical part creeping in which actually made sense somewhat. And there was the backroor board rows with closed purse strings which I really hoped wasn't the case as it meant the problems we had were much greater than we could see. So I actually do think there was a power struggle going on.

And I'm hoping this isn't the follow up to it.

I'm not a thinker of throwing money at soething for no reason but Ive always read that the best time to strenthen a team is when you're winning.

With aot of the clubs bringing in good media deals,shirt sales etc theres the much more even playing field. Yes of course the owners come into it but I can see this next window being very important for our next 3 or 4 years.

With us in the last throws of doing the double (touch wood) that brings us smack center of the spotlight/target zone and it helps us with the attracting of the top players to us.

I just hope we take as many advantages as we can get cause with Mous open chequbook we know hes gonna go bonkers.