Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

On 4/2/2017 at 3:54 PM, Fernando said:

Nah I will not. 

I would not mind if Adama Traore from Middlesbrough comes in. He can probably played in Moses role as a back up. 

There are not many players like Sigurdsson out there. I think what he brings (long range shots and set piece threat) is something we absolutely lack in the team, and it's a case of whether we can get that elsewhere or not. 

There are not many players like Sigurdsson out there. I think what he brings (long range shots and set piece threat) is something we absolutely lack in the team, and it's a case of whether we can get that elsewhere or not. 

No one better than Nainggolan for long ramge strikes.

In-demand Sevilla sporting director Monchi reveals he has Premier League offers

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/sevilla-sporting-director-monchi-reveals-premier-league-offers-arsenal-a7664991.html

Think this would be the best deal in the summer, whoever gets him. 

On 02/04/2017 at 3:56 PM, lucashm said:

He is fucking tragical, even the middlesbrough fans think he is crap, 0 goals and assists all season.....

The definition of a headless chicken

On 02/04/2017 at 3:54 PM, Fernando said:

Nah I will not. 

I would not mind if Adama Traore from Middlesbrough comes in. He can probably played in Moses role as a back up. 

I think maybe Conte is looking at Conti as either RWB starter/backup.

People calling for Costa out are so shortsighted it's not even funny, seems like they don't remember the post Drogba era of Torres, Ba and Eto'o because he's having a bad string of games in a season that he was our best player in the first half. We must absolutely not sell him unless the combination of him forcing out and a obscene offer arriving happens, there's not a single player in the market that's a guaranteed upgrade over him, and every change in the team is a gamble, we should take only the necessary ones.

In: Sanchez, Belotti, Bakayoko, Left Wingback, Christensen and Van Dijk/Right Wingback depending on the position that Azpilicueta will play next season.

Out: Batshuayi and loan the youngsters that won't be used.

That's really it.

On 04/04/2017 at 10:15 PM, Socur Toxanarosa said:

People calling for Costa out are so shortsighted it's not even funny, seems like they don't remember the post Drogba era of Torres, Ba and Eto'o because he's having a bad string of games in a season that he was our best player in the first half. We must absolutely not sell him unless the combination of him forcing out and a obscene offer arriving happens, there's not a single player in the market that's a guaranteed upgrade over him, and every change in the team is a gamble, we should take only the necessary ones.

In: Sanchez, Belotti, Bakayoko, Left Wingback, Christensen and Van Dijk/Right Wingback depending on the position that Azpilicueta will play next season.

Out: Batshuayi and loan the youngsters that won't be used.

That's really it.

Question - do you think Costa wants to be at CFC? That's literally the main reason people want him out. 

26 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Question - do you think Costa wants to be at CFC? That's literally the main reason people want him out. 

It doesn't really matter to me as long as he keeps focused when he is playing, he tried to go back to Atletico last summer but it didn't stop him being our best player until december. It's true that he not playing well, but i don't think it's because he doesn't want to be here, maybe the whole saga affected him, but i think he's trying to do his best and eventually will start scoring again. If it doesn't happen this season and he goes in the summer, fair enough, but he doesn't deserve to be treated like he was a scrub, we are in such a great position much thanks to his performances. We also don't have a good alternative to him, maybe playing a trio of Willian, Hazard and Pedro which i'm not a fan of, but ultimately, even he is in subpar form, he's still important, always give the defenders some trouble, one way or another.

8 hours ago, Socur Toxanarosa said:

It doesn't really matter to me as long as he keeps focused when he is playing, he tried to go back to Atletico last summer but it didn't stop him being our best player until december. It's true that he not playing well, but i don't think it's because he doesn't want to be here, maybe the whole saga affected him, but i think he's trying to do his best and eventually will start scoring again. If it doesn't happen this season and he goes in the summer, fair enough, but he doesn't deserve to be treated like he was a scrub, we are in such a great position much thanks to his performances. We also don't have a good alternative to him, maybe playing a trio of Willian, Hazard and Pedro which i'm not a fan of, but ultimately, even he is in subpar form, he's still important, always give the defenders some trouble, one way or another.

Of course. But to me it's clear he has lost that focus he had earlier. His head is not here, to me it's clear he doesn't want to be here. There have been rumours of him going back to Atletico every season now, and then a soon as China starts knocking he wants out again? 

We can't move forward with a Costa like this.

8 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Of course. But to me it's clear he has lost that focus he had earlier. His head is not here, to me it's clear he doesn't want to be here. There have been rumours of him going back to Atletico every season now, and then a soon as China starts knocking he wants out again? 

We can't move forward with a Costa like this.

But i think he's trying and as i said, we have no substitute, what i mean is, do i like the current situation? No, but we'll fix it in the summer, not now.

Posted this in the AC thread, thought it'd be relevant here too though...

We'd be absolutely stupid not to give Andreas big game time next season, or even for the rest of his career to be honest. He quantifies as Home Grown right? Also quantifies as Academy Trained, if I'm not incorrect? If so, Andreas is gearing to be our first true academy talent since JT to come through and start regularly. And it's great timing too, seeing as JT is on his last legs.

Same with Nathan Ake actually. He must be kept. I hope the club realises this.

Right now as HG players, we have (those who are also 'academy trained' are in bold & italics):

Fabregas
Begovic (who's probably leaving)
Ake
RLC

Moses
Cahill
Chalobah
Solanke

Terry (probably retiring)
Aina

Total of 10 HG players, with 6 'academy trained' players. Out of the above, we have JT and Begovic who will most likely leave, Aina will probably go out on loan too. That leaves us with 6 HG players and 3 academy trained. We need 4 in the UCL. I doubt we're going to be keeping ALL of Ake, RLC and Chalobah either. I'd like it if we ended up with something like this for the foreseeable future though (I've made some deductions on the players I don't think will stay):

Fabregas
Christensen
Ake
RLC
Chalobah
Baker
Moses
Cahill

This gives us 8 HG players PLUS 5 academy trained talents, which means we'd meet our 'English' quota for the CL and the FA quite nicely. I hope the club have something like this in the plans. Baker is good enough to be a squad player here IMO. We have to keep hold of our decent talents at least for the CL quota. With that, our squad next season will hopefully look something like this:

Courtois, x, x
Azpi, Luiz, Christensen, Ake, Cahill, Zouma?
Moses, Alonso, x, x
Fabregas, Kante, Chalobah, Baker, x
Hazard, Pedro, Willian, RLC, x
x, x
('x' marks where we'll probably see new players next season)

So, with that being said, it looks like we need to bring in some goalkeepers (or keep Bego and/or Eduardo), some wing backs, a top CM, a top wide forward and two strikers (I don't think Batshuayi will stay). Here's what the 25 man squad could potentially look like:

Courtois, Butland?, Eduardo
Azpi, Luiz, Christensen, Ake, Cahill, Zouma?
Moses, Alonso, Mendy, Oxlade-Chamberlain?/Semedo?
Fabregas, Kante, Chalobah, Baker, Fabinho?
Hazard, Sanchez?, Pedro, Willian, RLC
Belotti?, Batshuayi?

That is a very nicely balanced squad imo, and covers all bases very well. Also absolutely no problems with the HG/academy trained quota.

This could field an XI & bench of:
Courtois
Christensen Luiz Azpi
Semedo Kante Fabinho Mendy
Sanchez Belotti Hazard

Butland, Cahill, Moses, Alonso, Fabregas, Pedro, Batshuayi

Whilst still having the likes of Willian, RLC, Chalobah, Baker, Ake, Zouma in the squad to rotate.

For a while now we all have been talking about finding a good player to play alongside Kante I think Naby Keïta would make a perfect choice for to play alongside Kante he's young and he's rumoured to be available at £26m which is cheap in today's transfer market 

8 hours ago, the wes said:

For a while now we all have been talking about finding a good player to play alongside Kante I think Naby Keïta would make a perfect choice for to play alongside Kante he's young and he's rumoured to be available at £26m which is cheap in today's transfer market 

Keita has been discussed, both here and in his dedicated thread. I think it's a fair summary to say that most like his game, particularly his dribbling, but some are worried that his size, when paired with N'Golo, would leave us too lightweight.

4 hours ago, the wes said:

Would be a stupendous signing. Probably won't happen though.

Keita has been discussed, both here and in his dedicated thread. I think it's a fair summary to say that most like his game, particularly his dribbling, but some are worried that his side, when paired with N'Golo, wo leave us too lightweight.

That would be my worry too. Could come unstuck against more physical sides.