Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Kyle Walker reportedly available for £35+ after falling out with Pooh.. I dunno about you guys but to have the best RB in the league should be something our board should be all over.. And the icing is it could seriously hurt Spurs title chances going forward

2 minutes ago, bluesman2610 said:

Kyle Walker reportedly available for £35+ after falling out with Pooh.. I dunno about you guys but to have the best RB in the league should be something our board should be all over.. And the icing is it could seriously hurt Spurs title chances going forward

He'd be absolutely perfect for us but we have no chance. Can't imagine they'd sell one of their best players to a club that may pip them to the title. Unfortunately, if he moves itll be to one of the Manchester clubs who he'll greatly improve.

17 minutes ago, Pizy said:

He'd be absolutely perfect for us but we have no chance. Can't imagine they'd sell one of their best players to a club that may pip them to the title. Unfortunately, if he moves itll be to one of the Manchester clubs who he'll greatly improve.

I know but we have to try I'd say him and Bertrand and use our young CBs Zouma in loan, a new CM and RW AND ST that could be a team to dominate Pl and a good solid run in CL

On 04/05/2017 at 2:01 PM, bluesman2610 said:

Possibly. Not a bad signing. Would rather see us go for someone more naturally talented going forward like Semedo though. Our wingbacks provide a lot of our creativity. 

On 04/05/2017 at 8:58 PM, petre.ispirescu said:

Me too would absolutely love a player in the mould of Spurs' Dembele this summer.

If there's anyone from Spurs it has to be Dembele. He would be ridiculous in that Matic role. Chelsea should be killers here and take advantage of this situation. Ruthless Roman needed. 

If there's anyone from Spurs it has to be Dembele. He would be ridiculous in that Matic role. Chelsea should be killers here and take advantage of this situation. Ruthless Roman needed. 

Maybe after Costa is shipped off. [emoji1]

On 4/25/2017 at 8:58 AM, OhForAGreavsie said:

Jose never thought that.

Before the window opened, long before, he talked about the need for several players, and for getting the business done "before the holidays". I.E. he wanted the signings in place early. Later on, when signings did not materialise, he changed his tune to try to pretend all was calm and under control.

As for whether the Don is right or not, it depends on timescale. Over the short term,  aberrations can happen. In the long run however, money talks. Show me a league which is not dominated by its richest clubs.

Spending money will not guarantee that you have good judgement, that is to say that you will choose to buy the right players. Nor will it mean that the good players will choose to join your club. A big budget does mean however that if your first transfer decision was a mistake you can try, try and try again until you get it right, or until the right player says yes to your offer.

In the end money inevitably talks. If we manage to hold on and secure the title, then the Premier League will have been won by one of it's three biggest budget clubs in all but one season since it came into existence.

Blackburn, Leicester, Arsenal?

1 hour ago, quickpassnmove said:

Blackburn, Leicester, Arsenal?

Leicester is the one exception I referred to. When Blackburn won the league they had one of the two biggest budgets in the country and ditto Arsenal when they were winning all but one of their PL titles.

In fact, but for our hoped for triumph this season and Arsenal's in '03/'04, I would have been able to state that, barring The Foxes, the league had always been won by one of its two biggest budget clubs. This season our budget is behind those of the Manchester clubs so I've had to expand that to three.

Regardless of the specific budget ranking of various champions, the general point stands. Money talks.

10 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Leicester is the one exception I referred to. When Blackburn won the league they had one of the two biggest budgets in the country and ditto Arsenal when they were winning all but one of their PL titles.

In fact, but for our hoped for triumph this season and Arsenal's in '03/'04, I would have been able to state that, barring The Foxes, the league had always been won by one of its two biggest budget clubs. This season our budget is behind those of the Manchester clubs so I've had to expand that to three.

Regardless of the specific budget ranking of various champions, the general point stands. Money talks.

that was partially my jab at Arsenal, but on Blackburn: I wasn't watching the Prem at that time due to not having access in the U.S. --but I knew about Alan Shearer (despite England failing to qualify for the '94 tournament in the U.S.). :D