Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

1 minute ago, lucashm said:

Lets assume we will buy a new starter for the RW position and he gets hurt, would you really be comfortable, with Redmond playing against a team like, say Juventus? i wouldnt

I would, he's a good player. 

1 minute ago, nono said:

I can't ever get excited about us signing youngsters unless we start playing them. 

I agree mate

Chelsea's 2010 FA Youth Cup winners: Where are they now

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/04/12/jp-chelseas-2010-fa-youth-cup-winners-where-are-they-now/

Most of class 2010 end up in the championship 

39 minutes ago, marflow said:

I think we need more physical/athletic players, not fake ones like Matic.

Matic needs to be shipped off ASAP, absolute donkey

But Bernardo in this game would have been exactly what we needed, we couldnt string 2 passes together, his ball retention is absolutely superb, with him in the side we wouldnt have been completely overwhelmed with and without the ball, im just so freaking tired of seeing Hazard having to do everything on his own, this needs to change now

On twitter they're saying Monaco wants 65m euros for Mendy. This is probably the worst time to be needing major additions to the squad as all the players are going to cost nonsensical amounts of money. Instead of Bernardo Silva, Emenalo will probably buy Bernard Silver and then wonder what went wrong.

10 minutes ago, nono said:

On twitter they're saying Monaco wants 65m euros for Mendy. This is probably the worst time to be needing major additions to the squad as all the players are going to cost nonsensical amounts of money. Instead of Bernardo Silva, Emenalo will probably buy Bernard Silver and then wonder what went wrong.

Its Duncan Castles, but still, his article said that Monaco are trying to hold onto their key players,although they are expecting to raise money through the scheduled sales of Bernardo and Fabinho.

But 65 for Mendy is just too high, so i doubt thats true, if we came in with an offer of say 40M i doubt they would refuse

GK: Courtois, Begovic*, Eduardo
CB: Luiz, Azpilicueta, Cahill*, Zouma, Terry*
WB: Moses*, Alonso, Aina, Aké*
CM: Kanté, Matic, Fabregas*, Chalobah*
WF: Hazard, Pedro, Willian, Loftus-Cheek*
ST: Costa, Batshuayi

* = HG

Begovic and Terry will most likely be off in the summer. Same goes for Batshuayi. Aina and Aké have been non-factors so I can't imagine them having a future at the club either.

A wholesale of changes in the summer is extremely unlikely. I think we can expect the following areas to be strengthened in the summer looking at the squad:

• GK
  • CB or the return of Christensen
  • Two WBs
  • ST (two if Costa leaves)

That's 3-5 new outfield players. It's hard to imagine Chelsea buying more than 5 outfield players. If Christensen returns and Costa stays, there could be room for a new centre midfielder and a wide forward. But the club would also have to deal with the HG requirements so 1 or 2 players might need to be sold.

It's gonna be a weird summer, Chelsea fans. Don't think it's going to be what a lot of us hope it will be.

On 15. 4. 2017 at 8:40 PM, The Skipper said:

I would, he's a good player. 

He is in good form these days, like King for Bournemouth. Otherways, both had poor end product.

But lets say we buy Redmond, you know Conte will play him once every full moon. His confidence goes down and there is that.

Besides if we buy new RW, we still have Pedro and/or Willian and both are better than Redmond. Sure if you just want him to rack english players and he would be content with being 3rd or 4th choice winger.

IMO as much I would appreicate english players, maybe Ox the most, but we are better off going after some foreign, experienced players who can make impact, rather talents who lose all confidence before the d-day comes.

Utd game showed we need better quality of players to challenge for the CL Cahill needs upgraded Matić needs upgraded we need two wing-backs who will give alonso and moses competition for their positions I would even bring Baba back and buy another wing-back a new main striker if Costa goes and cracking RWF aswell 

1 hour ago, the wes said:

Chelsea scouts watched Monaco trio Tiemoue Bakayoko, Benjamin Mendy and Thomas Lemar on Wednesday night. [Mail]

Said it before, would love to have Lemar on the LWB position. Him and Hazard would be a nightmare to defend against. 

Wouldn't mind a Bakayoko- Kante midfield if it meant more attack-minded wingbacks.

Also what do people think of getting Mendy or a player like Mendy (fullback with good height and physical abillity) to play LCB ?

I've been thinking about what left footed cb's we could get in the summer that would be able to play in the role we'd want but i just can't come up with anyone.

Would make a lot of sense considering they'd be comfortable on the ball and pushing forward with it. They'd be used to defending in wide areas. 

And they'd offer tactical flexibillity as we currently don't have any ideal left fullback to play a regular back four (Azpi is right footed and too limited going forward and Alonso gets too easily exposed as a fullback.)

On 4/19/2017 at 10:11 PM, Belgiannutt said:

Said it before, would love to have Lemar on the LWB position. Him and Hazard would be a nightmare to defend against. 

Wouldn't mind a Bakayoko- Kante midfield if it meant more attack-minded wingbacks.

Also what do people think of getting Mendy or a player like Mendy (fullback with good height and physical abillity) to play LCB ?

I've been thinking about what left footed cb's we could get in the summer that would be able to play in the role we'd want but i just can't come up with anyone.

Would make a lot of sense considering they'd be comfortable on the ball and pushing forward with it. They'd be used to defending in wide areas. 

And they'd offer tactical flexibillity as we currently don't have any ideal left fullback to play a regular back four (Azpi is right footed and too limited going forward and Alonso gets too easily exposed as a fullback.)

I thought I had red before that Alonso has played CB before (don't know how well he fared).  I actually wouldn't mind seeing him there (of course we would need another LWB first).  I think he's pretty good in the air.  He seems to be the target downfield for the long clearance goal kicks. 

This is the squad I want to see next season :

GK: Courtois, C.Gordon. Eduardo
CB: Luiz, VVD, Christensen, Cahill, Azpilicueta
WB: Moses, Mendy, Alonso, (Azpilicueta, Fabinho)
CM: Kanté, Fabinho, Fabregas, Matic. Chalobah
WF: Hazard, Sanchez, Pedro, Willian
ST: Belotti  (Sanchez,Pedro)