Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

14 hours ago, Fernando said:

Not to be bias or anything but I really think we should get one good english man. 

We lost Lampard and now Terry. 

In the team only Cahill left....we need to get another England man to have at least two. We need to have at least two national representative in the team IMHO. 

Bring back Bertrand if that is what we can get. Take a stab at Barkley if that is what we can get, but to me we need to have some English blood in this team as well.

If we can always have 2 or 3 that is the best. 

Agree, it is a shame the best 2 English players are playing for Spurs, as it would make impossible for us to sign them. Others are not great enough. Might better give some chance for our youths.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/chelsea-transfers-summer-antonio-conte-plans-a7738981.html

Apparently Antonio wants six signings this window: A CB,LWB,CM,ST,Winger and a backup GK.

The article mentions that we are interested in Van Djik(main CB target,think this one will happen), Lukaku, Morata and Mertens(though we will have to look elsewhere).

I think something like this might happen: Van Djik, Lukaku, Bernardo Silva/Sanchez, Bakayoko, Mendy and a random GK.

Would be a tremendous window if we could make it happen

The money from winning the league and all that comes with it, plus assuming Costa goes for between 70-100M and to add to that all the dead wood sales that 'Should' happen, we are looking at a pretty penny to spend. If we scrape the barrel this season/summer transfer window then we get all we deserve. Winning the league and sitting on our hands is not what should happen, this club need to now go to the next level, that can only happen with top class elite signings. Sanchez is the first player I want to see us go for, if not Sanchez then Bale for the right side and following that RN from Roma and either Lukaku or Griezmann.

These players take us up a level, the level the CL and PL require. Keeping Hazard is massive, and I think he will stay and keeping/building the spine a very strong one is also hugely key.

I see a couple of places are now linking us with Kyle Walker. I'd say he would be the best possible fullback signing we could make but there is absolutely zero chance Spuds would sell one of their best players to us.

He sure would be perfect in our system, though, and a significant upgrade on Moses who could then become a solid rotation option.

I see a couple of places are now linking us with Kyle Walker. I'd say he would be the best possible fullback signing we could make but there is absolutely zero chance Spuds would sell one of their best players to us.
He sure would be perfect in our system, though, and a significant upgrade on Moses who could then become a solid rotation option.

Talk of him going to City, so how is that any better?

London connection shouldn't matter, if that's behind it. A competitor is a competitor.

40 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Talk of him going to City, so how is that any better?

London connection shouldn't matter, if that's behind it. A competitor is a competitor.

I think it definitely plays a big part. They hate us, we hate them. The Modric situation as well as the Willian situation probably wouldn't help, either. Plus we just beat them to the title and they probably see us as their biggest title rival going forward.

City are such a nothing club that their fans would quickly get over it. Walker would be hated and booed by Spud fans forever if he moves here.

I think it definitely plays a big part. They hate us, we hate them. The Modric situation as well as the Willian situation probably wouldn't help, either. Plus we just beat them to the title and they probably see us as their biggest title rival going forward.
City are such a nothing club that their fans would quickly get over it. Walker would be hated and booed by Spud fans forever if he moves here.

We've broken their hearts a few times in recent years, so they should be used to it by now. [emoji1]

For me the biggest need are CM and wing back. We need a top quality CM who can act as main creator but not bad at defending and a world class wing back either on the left or on the right ( I like both alonso and Moses but I still think we can get an upgrade over them)

* and maybe a striker if costa leave.

On 5/14/2017 at 5:39 AM, RoyalBlues said:

Agree, it is a shame the best 2 English players are playing for Spurs, as it would make impossible for us to sign them. Others are not great enough. Might better give some chance for our youths.

Good call, would be an awesome opportunity for one or two of the youths