Juan Mata

Severinb

It's not legendary anymore, come on it has been totally devalued by Michael Owen? Valencia?

Mata is not a number 7 :/

I hate when people leave particularly from us to another British team, this is making me sick, I'm tired of it get your coat Mata and leave. Dragging it out is making it worsen. Don't tell me he doesn't want to go there. He must be playing a big part. Jose said he asked him to accept the offer.

I don't understand why you don't understand that there was no way Mata would be begging to stay on the bench.

It's not about that, god people are clueless. There has been many players from many different clubs that if you REALLY care about the club and the fans. You don't put your own personal achievement ahead of the club . When Jose was asked about his 100 wins, he said it more important to him that we got the 3 points.

So many players would fight for their place, if he 'loved' Chelsea. I mean one of the others could get injured and he could have shined but he didn't want to fight for his place. That's fine, enjoy drowning with Utd.

I hope it's a very long time before he plays in the CL again! And I hope he doesn't even play 1 second at the WC!

What a scumbag! He is a coward who has no heart and fight in him! Sulked like a baby after getting subbed against Southampton, he had enough chances to show Jose he should be playing every week and failed!

But getting almost £40 million for a bench warmer who is a coward and has been awful all season is actually a good deal!

Well said, let's not be fools. He's has chosen them over us. Finally someone saying it as it is huge-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

It's not about that, god people are clueless. There has been many players from many different clubs that if you REALLY care about the club and the fans. You don't put your own personal achievement ahead of the club . When Jose was asked about his 100 wins, he said it more important to him that we got the 3 points.

So many players would fight for their place, if he 'loved' Chelsea. I mean one of the others could get injured and he could have shined but he didn't want to fight for his place. That's fine, enjoy drowning with Utd.

There was no way Mata was in Jose's future plans, that was clear, so why should he fight to be a bit part player? I don't understand why Mata is being made into the villain here. You do realise that Jose also just could've said "no, you're not going" just like he did with Ba right?

Mata has the chance to play regular football again, we receive a substantial fee for him. It's not ideal that he's going to United but I can understand why the club accepted the bid and why Juan doesn't really want to stay. It would be very different if Juan was one of our most influential players this season but he's been a bench warmer.

what a bandwagoner...

It's not a bandwagon. If it was mikel or Essien who sulked like that after being subbed they would be slaughtered. And it would be more understandable if it was mikel because he's nigerias most important player while mata is a bench warmer for Spain.

Mata didn't want to fight.

It's not a bandwagon. If it was mikel or Essien who sulked like that after being subbed they would be slaughtered. And it would be more understandable if it was mikel because he's nigerias most important player while mata is a bench warmer for Spain.

Mata didn't want to fight.

yeah right and you now that from what? day to day training sessions?...

Uhh, he did get slaughtered.

Mata didn't want to fight to be nothing more than a bench warmer, yeah. It was clear Mourinho already made his mind up about Mata.

He was barely played in his proper position, bloody hell.

There was no slaughter on here. There were a few people questioning it, and dozens or so mata minions saying: "everyone would do it" like it was no biggie.

If he didn't want to fight to get off the bench then he is weak.

Yeah, sure. That's how it works in today's football. Why should a Spanish guy who's been here for what, 2,5 years put any club ahead of his own career? It's not that Chelsea bought him out of pity and he owes anyone anything. He was bought because he was good. And he repaid that trust with a CL and EL title. Why should he stay and fight for a place when he doesn't fit in the current system? If Abramovic tells Jose tomorrow there's no more money and Hazard, Oscar etc have to be sold, you tell me how long he'll stay. ;-)

There was no slaughter on here. There were a few people questioning it, and dozens or so mata minions saying: "everyone would do it" like it was no biggie.

If he didn't want to fight to get off the bench then he is weak.

Go read through the thread again and you'll find people calling him spoilt, a child, pathetic, that he's undermining Mou etc.

It wasn't about him not fighting, he clearly wasn't fancied by Mou as a number 10. Whenever he did play it was 90% out on the flanks where he is less influential.

You'd have players like Oscar or Hazard who we're under performing but they'd still be starting in the following game. Mata has a sub par performance and he's benched for 3/4 games.

You seriously can't say that a player as good as Mata is happy with just being a squad player when he can be more elsewhere.

Yeah, sure. That's how it works in today's football. Why should a Spanish guy who's been here for what, 2,5 years put any club ahead of his own career? It's not that Chelsea bought him out of pity and he owes anyone anything. He was bought because he was good. And he repaid that trust with a CL and EL title. Why should he stay and fight for a place when he doesn't fit in the current system? If Abramovic tells Jose tomorrow there's no more money and Hazard, Oscar etc have to be sold, you tell me how long he'll stay. ;-)

What does him being Spanish have anything to do with it, if you love the club you do, regardless of where you are from???

Nacho Novo Spanish player loves Glasgow Rangers as if he was born in Govan. He has tattoos and since stopped playing goes to all our games.

What a silly point to make,

Mata doesn't want to work hard and get picked he wants to be 'the star'. He hadn't contributed when he was playing yet he threw a childish tantrum on live tv. He needs to grow up.