Juan Mata

Severinb

Has anyone stopped to think that this is actually a good deal for all parties involved?

We get an insane amount of money for a guy we don't even play. Mata gets playing time at a decent club. United get a much needed motivational boost by signing a great player.

It's also good for the PL, as Jose said.

I agree the former but not the latter United part. What's good for us United get a great player? But I admire our club's winning mentality and class act.

He was replaced by Oscar.

Hazard can always play centrally too, as can Willian, even Lampard come to think of it.

I think he meant Salah is bought to take Mata's place in the squad/team, an option out wide, as opposed to the No.10 role...

Get the fuck out with hating Mata.

He is a great person and gave us more than we expected in last two years. He respected the club all the time, obe of most humble players I saw and always acted like professional.

He loves Chelsea but he loves football more. Mourinho, even for the good of team, fucked him up and ended his career here. No wonder Mata, a world class player wants to leave. Mou didnt show bit of respect to him and WE allowed him to join United.

And it seems like Mou wants to make Mata look like he forced transfer to United...

Good luck Juan! Thank you for all the great you did to us...carefree wherever you may be!

In the end we will lose one player that genuinely all football world and opponent fans liked and made a better picture about Chelsea. Thank you Mou for all this shit too. Top coach but idiot sometimes...

I agree the former but not the latter United part. What's good for us United get a great player? But I admire our club's winning mentality and class act.

Not for us, but for them it surely is. I hate United as much as anyone but the move is good for the PL - it'll keep it more competitive.

If what José said is true, that he wanted to go to those filthy scum, then all I can say is F*** HIM, pathetic superficial moron is what he is and I hope that he flatters all the biggest star flops by being so shitty that the likes of Kagawa and Torres become grateful of what they've been through compared to him. I had considered naming a rottweiler puppy after his last name because I was so sure he could become our new Zola, but f**k him once more. I'm unfollowing him on all social media and I wish him the worst bar injury and that kind of stuff ofc, on the pitch when playing alongside those other pieces of dirt. F**k him once more.

The definition of irony.

Mata zealots already out to make sarcy undermining remarks indirectly aimed at Mourinho (the embodiment of Chelsea FC) and his decision making.

If you cared to read any of my previous post you'd understand that i'm not a 'Mata zealot' and am only against the sale to a rival, but i'm not surprised, perhaps they were a little long for your liking. At least i'm not a clueless knob who tries to be controversial just for the sake of it - I don't try to belittle those who have the capacity to think independently just because they don't conform to 'God Mourinho's' will.

It's nice that you let Mourinho do all of your thinking for you though. Does he cut your toast in the morning and wipe your arse as well?

I'm confused. Are people genuinely and seriously hating Mata now or they are just feeling so because of the pain and devastation? The abuse I've seen him got in the past hours have been utterly ludicrous and pathetic. People are not understanding the situation enough and they are now treating as though Mata's contribution did not even exist! For starters, Mourinho - the man we are hailing as a legend now - would not have returned without Mata carrying us last season with his goals, assists and overall contribution to help us finish in Top 4 (and winning the Europa League). And if you remember, Mourinho has mentioned more than once of his dislike playing in the Europa League competition.

Honestly, I cannot believe this has happened - Mata leaving and (worse) going to Man United - the team we all love to hate. Ever since Mourinho returned last season, I had thought there was going to be a compatibility issue between the two given the contrasting style of play. I had actually thought it was going to work just fine, that nothing bad will happen but perhaps I might have been naive then.

I really can't blame Mata for leaving (something that I had been preparing myself for), even if it is to United. He wasn't playing and practically only United came knocking and he took the chance. Mata has tried to adapt and worked hard but it was never going to be quite enough for Mourinho's liking and fitting into his system and I think it's probably fair to say that we all had this lingering thought in our mind.

I also think it's easy for us to be armchair critics and just quickly criticize him for what has happened. If you were in his position instead, you would be thinking or feeling differently of the situation. Most of the criticism or abuse I've seen him got is mostly from a selfish point of view or with a blue tinted glass on. Cliche as it is, footballers' career are short and Mata needs to decide what is best for him, which is to play week in week out, something I don't think it's gonna happen here with Mourinho as the manager even if I would like to think otherwise.

Besides, we don't exactly know what has gone on behind closed doors. I know Mourinho has said what he has said in his press conference earlier and perhaps people shouldn't be so quick to judge the overall situation. Would like to give Mata a chance to speak and see what he has got to say on this, which I hope he does. Given his good nature in personality and character, think it would be unfair if that is not the case, no?

I'm devastated as many of the fans out there because he's leaving the club and because he has always felt like one of us from embracing the club, the history, connecting with the fans on social media and the way he celebrates some of his goals with the fans (e.g. Spurs and United away last season). And think what is making this transfer even more painful to everyone is because he's going to Man United, who we all hate, and it's probably ironic given I said in the previous sentence.

He might be feeling the pain and hurt and doing this to the fans but if he has to do what is best for his career, then what can we do? There is no point in him to just sit on the bench, no matter how hard he tries and work, if his style of play was 'A' and the manager 'B'? Never going to work out ultimately, unfortunately. What I would say is that Mata deserves a club better than United right now and they most certainly do not deserve someone like Mata!

Thank you Mata. Thank you for the brilliant and beautiful memories. You'll be fondly remembered at the club. Good luck.

And just thought I would share a few tweets that echoed my thoughts on this Mata situation.

perfectly summed up. thanks for that. hopefully some people will now understand the situation. calling mata a judas is just pathetic.

I honestly don’t understand why people feel the need to take sides - why the need to blame either José or Mata? Did Mourinho suddenly become a bad manager - people loved him on Sunday and can’t stand him 5 days later?

José didn’t think Mata fit well enough into his system (I don’t see any crime committed here) and wanted to keep him as a squad player. Now we have known this for some time. Mata wasn’t happy about it and decided to leave the club - that’s his personal decision and no crime committed here either.

I respect his decision and wish him luck. Personally I would have been happier if he went on loan somewhere else, but it’s his life. And I don’t see how Man United can suddenly become a huge threat - not with the manager they’ve got.

For me it was much worse when the club decided to make Torres our number 1 striker and thus forced Drogba out of the club.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZnRP_AcBi4
Look at theese assists.Who has that vision in Chelsea now?Jose will look for him in matches like vs tottenham,where he won our point,but he will probably win points for our rivals in that time.I don't understand Salah transfer as I see him as Willian II with the difference that he hates liverpool,not tottenham.We need someone with the vision of Mata,with his moves.But he is one of a kind for me.THANK you for everything Mata,wish you to move to another club,not man unt as soon as possible.

Oh god, so you were serious weren't you?!

Look I hate the idea of Mata joining those scumbags as much as you do, but do you think it's fair to blame this on Mata solely?! What else can he do? Please enlighten me! Sit on the bench for the rest of the season and miss World Cup?

For starters, he could've taken a moment to realise how much love the fans have/had for him and known that you can't ever go to a club that have always loathed them. Look at his goal celebrations for 3-3, 2-3 and 0-1 @ Old Toilet, you would think that he took great joy in scoring against that filth on a personal level, hence why I called him superficial. I seriously doubt that he's gonna get a call to the WC with that filth, I definitely hope that they finish below the clubs above them atm, no I wish for clubs like Newcastle and So'ton to finish above them too, if he does indeed get the call for the WC, well great for him, but never will I wish well when playing for that scum. I will always take joy in seeing them losing and getting humiliated, with or without him playing.

If what José said is true, that he wanted to go to those filthy scum, then all I can say is F*** HIM, pathetic superficial moron is what he is and I hope that he flatters all the biggest star flops by being so shitty that the likes of Kagawa and Torres become grateful of what they've been through compared to him. I had considered naming a rottweiler puppy after his last name because I was so sure he could become our new Zola, but f**k him once more. I'm unfollowing him on all social media and I wish him the worst bar injury and that kind of stuff ofc, on the pitch when playing alongside those other pieces of dirt. F**k him once more.

Drop dead you fucking scum.