Juan Mata

Severinb

I do think Mata can continue to be a Talisman for us. But I love that Mourinho has hinted that he wants even more out of Mata. That he will push MatA to the limits of his potential. I think Mata is humble but passionate enough to meet these demands!

Won't happen until he actually has some real competition for the #10 spot. Right now he's a class above anything else we have there. I can see Oscar playing depending on matchups but Mata is just too good right now to not be considered a starter. Oscar in the future can certainly dethrone him but not yet imo.

Good post, in term of playmaking ability it is not even close. Oscar/hazard is more of an attacking midfielder than a playmaker

His lack of match fitness is probably the main reason why he was rather quiet tonight in regards to his performance. However, he looks rather isolated and ineffective playing out wide on the RW. And judging by Mourinho's comments so far, seems that he wants Mata to play at RW and mainly favors Oscar as the No.10 at CAM. Getting paranoid I think but if it continues to be like this, then I do worry about Mata's future under Mourinho.

Many people here praise the creativity of our midfielders, but so far they failed to deliver to our strikers. Torres, Drogba, Ba, Sturridge and Lukaku look rather invisible...Should our team play on striker (like ManU), our strikers would be much more effective. More balls to them, more touches, more chances, more goals. Conversation ratio would get better and better. Sure, Torres is special case and Drogba was rather old, but there is no excuse for Ba who was on fire when he joined us, Danny who is scoring regulary for Lpool or Lukaku who made 17 goals last year, but I feel he wont get close to that number this season. Our team play in midfield with ''everyone can score'' is great, but our main striker is very isolated in such game. Rooney would include regulary in such play and wouldnt be as invisible, but his goal count wouldnt be that high I feel. 10 Rooney, 10 Mata, 10 Hazard, 5 Oscar, 5 Ramires,...our goals would be very split. If we play on one player (Hazard or striker) instead of everyone can be striker, our main striker (or Hazard) would have goal tally of 20+. So we will either get Rooney type who will get involved with midfield or powerful world class striker who will score on every 2 chance he gets (very unlikely). Or our striker will be basicaly useless...wish we had Rvp in all honesty. that would be one uber beast team...or a player who can decide match on his own. Mazacar rely on each other too much and when one of three is missing, Torres/Ba fucks whole attack up...

Not match fit at all but has lamps to blame to for his poor performance as he was taking up most of the space he likes to work in

Err, what?! Mata spent most of the night playing out wide. Started at RW, moved to CAM momentarily and then played at LW for the second half. He didn't even clash with the space that Lampard operates at!

Many people here praise the creativity of our midfielders, but so far they failed to deliver to our strikers. Torres, Drogba, Ba, Sturridge and Lukaku look rather invisible...Should our team play on striker (like ManU), our strikers would be much more effective. More balls to them, more touches, more chances, more goals. Conversation ratio would get better and better. Sure, Torres is special case and Drogba was rather old, but there is no excuse for Ba who was on fire when he joined us, Danny who is scoring regulary for Lpool or Lukaku who made 17 goals last year, but I feel he wont get close to that number this season. Our team play in midfield with ''everyone can score'' is great, but our main striker is very isolated in such game. Rooney would include regulary in such play and wouldnt be as invisible, but his goal count wouldnt be that high I feel. 10 Rooney, 10 Mata, 10 Hazard, 5 Oscar, 5 Ramires,...our goals would be very split. If we play on one player (Hazard or striker) instead of everyone can be striker, our main striker (or Hazard) would have goal tally of 20+. So we will either get Rooney type who will get involved with midfield or powerful world class striker who will score on every 2 chance he gets (very unlikely). Or our striker will be basicaly useless...wish we had Rvp in all honesty. that would be one uber beast team...or a player who can decide match on his own. Mazacar rely on each other too much and when one of three is missing, Torres/Ba fucks whole attack up...

The reason Ba lost form is because he kept getting rotated for blondie, he actually started pretty well despite his lack of goals, tailed off a bit in the end (the FA cup goals against the Mancs aside). If he goes somewhere where he is number 1 and given a run of games (what he should have got last season) he will score goals.

Sturridge wasn't scoring because he was never playing, when he did play he got chances and usually scuffed them and as or Torres, he is just a shocking footballer, nothing more needs to be said.

The reason Ba lost form is because he kept getting rotated for blondie, he actually started pretty well despite his lack of goals, tailed off a bit in the end (the FA cup goals against the Mancs aside). If he goes somewhere where he is number 1 and given a run of games (what he should have got last season) he will score goals.

Sturridge wasn't scoring because he was never playing, when he did play he got chances and usually scuffed them and as or Torres, he is just a shocking footballer, nothing more needs to be said.

Torres at fault once again. Wow.

Embarassing post.

Torres at fault once again. Wow.

Embarassing post.

oh please, we spent £100m on him (contract and transfer) and repay's us with embarrassing performances while at the same time keeping better forwards on the bench (first Sturridge, then Ba now Lukaku).

Funny how you and the rest of the Torres allegiance weren't around when Kalou was getting stick :rolleyes: