Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

The rumours today on twitter are he's named West Bromwich player of the Season. Somebody got an official source or something that proves it?

I would love it, totally deserved!

Lukaku won these awards recently at WBA during their end of the season award night.

WBAFCofficial @WBAFCofficial

Albion Top Goalscorer award (sponsored by Carlsberg) – @RomeluLukaku9 (14 goals)

Albion Young Player of the Season award (sponsored by BHP Design) – @RomeluLukaku9

Lukaku is coming on in leaps and bounds. He should be 100% ready in a couple of seasons to become a starter at Chelsea.

Yeah he did good this season.

But I think another loan season might be better for him.

What do you guys think?

For me one more season and he will be well seasoned to be a starter in our team.

Cause with Torres in the team, Lukaku needs to stay away. If we get rid of Torres and get another star, it would be the same.

But if we get someone like Benteke, then I can see Lukaku with less pressure. As with a top stars it puts too much pressure.

Benteke, Lukaku and Ba should be good for our striker department...and with Schurrle added in the mix we would be good.

Saves us more money then going for a Cavani or Falcao. And we don't go for the superstars that we normally do bad, like Crespo, Sheva, Torres.

Benteke, Lukaku and Ba are all very similar.

My ideal three would be Lukaku, Schurrle and Rooney. That just offers the most versatility in my view. Rooney would be the main striker, but can also drop off and play in the number 10 spot. Schurrle offers another option on the wing but can also play upfront and that leaves Lukaku with a backup role where he gets about 20-30 starts without a massive amount of pressure.

If we get Lewandowski, then Lukaku could still be a great member of the squad but gets less starts.

If Falcao or Cavani signs then he should put in a transfer request. So should any other young player at this club with even a shred of ambition.

Yeah but Ba is not like a top striker for years to come.

I'm looking more with Lukaku and Benteke that can stay with us for like a decade. Might be similar, but if you had the chance to have 2 Drogbas, would you take it?

Not to mention they are from the same country, so they could get well a lone.

And please no Rooney. I'm not sold on that, and my belief is that United are a big club, so why would you leave a big club from the PL to go to another PL club?

If you want to move, you want to move abroad.

Schurrle is not a pure striker, he is very flexible. This is why I would not mind having a future team of Schurrle, Lukaku and Benteke.

Benteke, Lukaku and Ba are all very similar.

My ideal three would be Lukaku, Schurrle and Rooney. That just offers the most versatility in my view. Rooney would be the main striker, but can also drop off and play in the number 10 spot. Schurrle offers another option on the wing but can also play upfront and that leaves Lukaku with a backup role where he gets about 20-30 starts without a massive amount of pressure.

If we get Lewandowski, then Lukaku could still be a great member of the squad but gets less starts.

If Falcao or Cavani signs then he should put in a transfer request. So should any other young player at this club with even a shred of ambition.

Don't agree with this at all in the case of Lukaku. The reason Ba only got a 3 year contract was because of the club thinking about Lukaku's development/future. If he goes for another loan next season then by the time he comes back for the 2014/15 season Ba will only have one year/a year and a half on his contract as well as approaching the age of 30 meaning he'll more than likely be sold that summer. That opens up space for Lukaku after a year on loan where he's improved even further and could potentially mean Falcao/Cavani and Lukaku are our strike options (if all goes to plan). Had Ba been given the standard 5 year contract which most of our signings get then i'd agree with this.

Don't agree with this at all in the case of Lukaku. The reason Ba only got a 3 year contract was because of the club thinking about Lukaku's development/future.

I don't think that's true in the slightest. We don't offer contracts to squad players that go beyond their 30th birthday anymore. He was never going to get a four year contract and players don't accept two year contracts.

I don't think that's true in the slightest. We don't offer contracts to squad players that go beyond their 30th birthday anymore. He was never going to get a four year contract and players don't accept two year contracts

That's because we rarely sign players close to their thirties anymore. However, we could have easily offered him a longer contract meaning we'd pay less year-on-year in regards to FFP, but the 3 year contract means that we're in the perfect position to sign a big striker this summer(which is going to happen), but still mean that Lukaku plays a vital part for us in future as that slot in our squad will be open for him after another loan.

Don't agree with this at all in the case of Lukaku. The reason Ba only got a 3 year contract was because of the club thinking about Lukaku's development/future. If he goes for another loan next season then by the time he comes back for the 2014/15 season Ba will only have one year/a year and a half on his contract as well as approaching the age of 30 meaning he'll more than likely be sold that summer. That opens up space for Lukaku after a year on loan where he's improved even further and could potentially mean Falcao/Cavani and Lukaku are our strike options (if all goes to plan). Had Ba been given the standard 5 year contract which most of our signings get then i'd agree with this.

I think Ba only got a 3 year contract so if say Jose or another manager doesn't want him, we can sell him and demand a decent fee as he has 2 and a half years on his contract as compared to 1 year or 1 and a half years where clubs would ask for the price to go down.

Even though by trade we are hardly a selling club but what happens if Jose goes "I dont want Ba, Romelu is better or Nando is better or I want Cavani/Falcao/Rooney to lead the line" or whatever. He can get a decent fee for a player who will have a lot of suitors in my eyes.

It appears that Juventus is interested for a move on Lukaku..

Of course... they smell blood. a youngster wanting to play .... Same as with KDB.

It is a chess-waiting game. Who stays, what manager, new incoming players, what players to recall .... it all connects in a way, which makes it all the more difficult.