Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

12 goals in open play in 1880 minutes, yea it's not bad but it isn't the goals that you should be worried about, it's his other abilities that haven't improved. Everyone knew he could score a goal.

Yea I watched 50 mins today because they were playing City, I lost interest in WBA's matches after december but before that I watched nearly all of them and I'm comparing him to those matches + the few he played the seasons before + the 2 seasons before that at Anderlecht. I honestly think he was more of a threat back at 16-17 than he is now.

I'm just saying he's always had it in him what he showed this season but his bad points haven't improved over the years.

Just look at the rare chances he got last season, and in pre season, to what he is doing right now for west brom. He is dominating that role, and his first touch has vastly improved. He may be over-rated by some as being a "messiah", but if so you are doing the polar opposite of vastly under-rating him. He is only 19 and in one season has come on leaps and bounds. That doesn't mean he can't have a bad game. I think your being extremely harsh on the lad.

What's with all the name calling, people? The man posted his opinion, it may be unpopular but that does not change our forum rules: Insulting other members merits a warning. Please try to discuss this in a civil manner.

Started watching at the 30 minute mark, 50m further on and he's made Anichebe look like a worldbeater. ( because he's playing the same type of football currently )

Some horrible passing and first touches as expected, he has learned/improved NOTHING from his stay at WBA.

Still cracks me up how he's being rated on this forum like the next Messiah after some motd highlights, another year at WBA is another year wasted.

And some people wonder why I sometimes insult people in my posts.

You sir, are f*cking clueless. You obviousley havent seen jack shit of Lukaku now, nor when he played in Chelsea.

Its easier to look a threat against Shit Belgian sides than against the likes of Manchester City.

Lukaku is coming along fine. Show faith in your compatriot FFS.

I'll give you that but he was also on that level when they were playing the Europa League against the likes of Zenit, Athletic Bilbao & Ajax for a better comparison.

Just look at the rare chances he got last season, and in pre season, to what he is doing right now for west brom. He is dominating that role, and his first touch has vastly improved. He may be over-rated by some as being a "messiah", but if so you are doing the polar opposite of vastly under-rating him. He is only 19 and in one season has come on leaps and bounds. That doesn't mean he can't have a bad game. I think your being extremely harsh on the lad.

He is dominating THAT role but you could say the same about Carroll ( shudder ), I just want to see him develop his overall game not only his strengths. I disagree on his first touch though, don't know if you saw today's match but his touch was very heavy.

Only 19 is what he's got going for him right now but it will all depend on what happens next season.

I'll give you that but he was also on that level when they were playing the Europa League against the likes of Zenit, Athletic Bilbao & Ajax for a better comparison.

He is dominating THAT role but you could say the same about Carroll ( shudder ), I just want to see him develop his overall game not only his strengths. I disagree on his first touch though, don't know if you saw today's match but his touch was very heavy.

Only 19 is what he's got going for him right now but it will all depend on what happens next season.

He's still raw if that's what you mean, and everyone will agree with that, he's nowhere near the finished article but to say that he hasn't improved this season doesn't make sense to me.

Was watching the highlights of City and WBA. The acceleration he used to get past Toure was quite astonishing. Shame he could not connect the finish but the way he latched on to that ball was quite frightening. Let's get things in to perspective as well. Toure is one of quicker CB in the Premier League. Underlies how brilliant his acceleration is.

Actually his first 30-40 minutes were really, really good. Then he faded. This is why you are being hammered.

Also, dont expect him to ge a Nilis. He has quite a different skill set - even though o may not like strikers like him that much.

Cheers.

Give this motherfucker few games in Chelsea shirt and we will see how on..if he plays brilliant for Wba it doesnt mean he will do so in Chelsea and vice versa...

Let him prove...everything else are empty words.

The issue is, if we put him on the squad and he doesn't deliver, we'll almost certainly bench him and severely stunt the growth he could have at another club. Putting him in Chelsea shirt would be a gamble that could definitely turn out brilliantly if he succeeds quickly but awful if he doesn't, but certainly it would be a gamble.

That's great, but a bit surprising to read, tbh. All the WBA fans that I have met were criticizing Romelu throughout the season.

They were frustrated at his composure and first touch at the start of the season but since December he's turned on beast mode

What's with all the name calling, people? The man posted his opinion, it may be unpopular but that does not change our forum rules: Insulting other members merits a warning. Please try to discuss this in a civil manner.

We should have a rule for don't be a dingbat though tbf