Oriol Romeu

termninja

• 2 weeks later...

What do you think will happen to him next season? I really hope that Jose will give him a look in since he is such a classy player. Although with issues like the Barca connection he will probably either sell him or push him aside for the likes of Essien in the pecking order.

What do you think will happen to him next season? I really hope that Jose will give him a look in since he is such a classy player. Although with issues like the Barca connection he will probably either sell him or push him aside for the likes of Essien in the pecking order.

I can't see him returning to Barca to be honest Sam. If Thiago is getting upset and at the lack of playing time there and he is deemed as a far more accomplished talent than Oriol then why would Romeu want to return playing 3rd or 4th fiddle in Spain. In a weird sense of irony, Romeu's injury couldn't have come at a better time for us even though it did leave us short in that department. Romeu is clearly rated highly by our club and was starting to cement a spot in the team just before the injury. If he wasn't injured then he would have been showcasing his talent under the watchful eye of the Catalonian's and they could have been pushed to drag him back. I hope Mourinho uses him often because he is top DM in my opinion.

I think he will be a player Jose will really like to be honest. Hes good on the ball, gets stuck in, positioning and awareness is quite good as well so he'll hopefully get more games.

• 2 weeks later...

Oriol Romeu has agreed terms with Celta Vigo for a loan deal. He just needs Mourinho's permission now. (Faro De Vigo)

WTF!!!

I really hope this isn't true! I cant see Mourinho letting him go without seeing him in training ect, I hope Mourinho at least gives him a chance and brings him on the Pre-Season tour! unless he really does hate Barca and doesn't want any players who were made by Barca! :D

But i have high hopes for Romeu and was hoping he could play a part for us next season!

Could be a good move for him, if true. Celta have just appointed former Barcelona B manager Luis Enrique to take charge of their team. He's the one who gave Oriol a chance at Barca B and Romeu soon became a guaranteed starter in his team. Coming back from a nasty injury like that, it would be good for him to play at a club where he could regain fitness by playing a lot of games without too much pressure.

If Romeu goes on loan..then that means we'll most likely sign a new CM/DM! :D

Or be stuck with Essien and Mikel.

Hopefully this is a show of faith in youngsters like Chalobah, and just a chance for Romeu to get a whole season under his belt after injury. Not particularly enamoured with this loan deal though.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jun/19/chelsea-celta-vigo-oriol-romeu

Celta Vigo hope to persuade José Mourinho to release Oriol Romeu on a season-long loan from Chelsea next term with the Spain Under-21 international now fit again following a long-term knee injury.

Romeu, who was signed from Barcelona by André Villas-Boas at Stamford Bridge back in 2011, had started to feature more regularly for Rafael Benítez's side until rupturing his cruciate knee ligament in a victory at Sunderland in early December. The 21-year-old spent the rest of the campaign in rehabilitation, returning to light training in April, and was fit enough to feature last month in a charity match alongside his club-mate Juan Mata in memory of the former Espanyol captain Dani Jarque, who died in 2009 aged 26.

Mourinho wants to assess Chelsea's numerous loan players – there were 27 dispatched to various clubs around the world last season – upon the resumption of pre-season training on 8 July and his instinct will be to include Romeu on the club's tour of the Far East, which starts the following week.

Celta Vigo's interest provides the Portuguese with an option to offer the midfielder regular football, and the new manager will make a final decision over a prospective loan next month. Mourinho is also likely to include the Belgium winger Kevin De Bruyne in his plans despite Borussia Dortmund still hoping to sign the youngster on a permanent deal.

People overrate this kid a bit, sorry.

This happens with all our hot young prospects. They make a few appearances with the first team against weak opposition. Fans start to gradually over-hype their abilities until you get to the stage where a lot of people are saying that they are already better than our established starters and start slating the manager for not playing them instead of our senior players. Then the young player do get a couple of starts and inevitably are unable to live up to the hype built around them. So fans start doing a 180 degree turn and start calling them overrated and come to the conclusion that they will never make it here. Then they are sold. Rinse and repeat with another young talent.

I call it "The Circle of Hypocrisy" :D