Official - AVB confirmed as Chelsea boss

Guest justin_3d

Candidates for the new Chelsea management  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Who you want to see as the new manager?

I'd like him more as our manager then Van Basten, Rijkaar, Harry and Bielsa...still, my wish remains Mourinho since Boas will stay (which is better, let's be honest), but Mourinho won't happen 99% though.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather Hiddink than fucking van basten anyway.

Guus would deal with the pressure far better than a young manager with everything to prove, he's already demonstrated that from his short time here.

Is there any scientific study(s) that shows a manager's ability to deal with pressure is directly linked to age? Or are you basing your assertion off perception. just curious

Has there been any scientific studies that shows a manager's ability to deal with pressure is directly linked to age? Or are you basing your assertion off perception. just curious

Oh come on, Guus is an experienced tough old bastard, while Basten is unproven, risky and with no results behind him to back him up. Do we need a new manager that will be sacked in a year or 2? HELLNO!

Has there been any scientific studies that shows a manager's ability to deal with pressure is directly linked to age? Or are you basing your assertion off perception. just curious

Lmao, simpleton. :rolleyes:

I wasn’t generalizing, It was aimed at van basten.

Oh come on, Guus is an experienced tough old bastard, while Basten is unproven, risky and with no results behind him to back him up. Do we need a new manager that will be sacked in a year or 2? HELLNO!

I get what you mean about experience and all that but we shouldn't presume that MVB will crumble under the weight of expectation neither.

I get what you mean about experience and all that but we shouldn't presume that MVB will crumble under the weight of expectation neither.

More risky then Hidink. Fact. I believe that's how Roman thinks too.

More risky then Hidink. Fact. I believe that's how Roman thinks too.

It's pointless discussing Guus anyway as he's stated his intention to never coach or manage at club level again. Unless he changes his mind in the near future ofcourse.It's better to focus on the more realistic options. personally I would prefer Moyes or Jurgen Klopp

It's pointless discussing Guus anyway as he's stated his intention to never coach or manage at club level again. Unless he changes his mind in the near future ofcourse.It's better to focus on the more realistic options. personally I would prefer Moyes or Jurgen Klopp

Jurgen Klopp? We don't have a single German player and I believe he wants to lead Germany to EURO12. He's a great coach though :eyebrows:

His nosepicking is epic too XD

As for Guus, It would be good to have him a few years and then go for Guardiola/Boas or who becomes available unless Guus wants to stay, but he ain't young anymore though.

Guest justin_3d

Interesting to note that when Hiddink was here before he never gave youth a chance. Not once.

???

If i remember he was giving time to Di Santo and Mancienne.

Interesting to note that when Hiddink was here before he never gave youth a chance. Not once.

Hiddink was brought in to safe the season from becoming a complete disaster. You can't play youth/young players when you're on that kind of mission.

He did give young players the chance to play at PSV (he's Dutch, everybody believes in playing youth here).

Jurgen Klopp? We don't have a single German player and I believe he wants to lead Germany to EURO12. He's a great coach though :eyebrows:

His nosepicking is epic too XD

As for Guus, It would be good to have him a few years and then go for Guardiola/Boas or who becomes available unless Guus wants to stay, but he ain't young anymore though.

We can always get a German translator. That shouldn't be too costly :unsure: If we actually show real interest, we can realistically get klopp. Hiring Guus for short term purposes can only undermine our long term objectives imo.

Guest justin_3d

We can always get a German translator. That shouldn't be too costly :unsure: If we actually show real interest, we can realistically get klopp. Hiring Guus for short term purposes could only undermine our long term objectives imo.

I think he is going to Bayern Munich.

And Guus for short term is not undermining long term project, as he most likely will continue advising Chelsea, as he has been doing as of late.

I think he is going to Bayern Munich.

And Guus for short term is not undermining long term project, as he most likely will continue advising Chelsea, as he has been doing as of late.

But the next manager would more or less inherit the Dutch's team. wouldn't it make more sense if we employed a long term manager instead. that way he's able to buy players that complements his style of play and tactics and fully impose himself on the team?