Thibaut Courtois loaned to Atletico

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he will be, he showed at Genk that he can hack it in big games so i will be confident if he needs to step in against Arsanul or United.

Hilario i will be reasonably confident as he shown against Pool and Barca he can do well in one off games Turnbull on the other hands scares me shitless any time he plays and has been shit whenever he has played for us (bar Inter).

I think he will be, he showed at Genk that he can hack it in big games so i will be confident if he needs to step in against Arsanul or United.

To be honest though, so did Matej Delac. Look what we did to him! I hope mistakes have been learnt.

How many keepers have we got now? like 5? 6? lol i take it we'll get rid of Turnbull but Hilario i kinda dont mind, he's not that bad imo.

Never heard of this guy but we probably wont see him anyway so i'm not that bothered.

How many keepers have we got now? like 5? 6? lol i take it we'll get rid of Turnbull but Hilario i kinda dont mind, he's not that bad imo.

Never heard of this guy but we probably wont see him anyway so i'm not that bothered.

Did you not watch the Pompey game :lol:

So, we know the following:

• TC has seen both Chelsea and Genk agree a fee for the player, believed to be £7.9 million.
  • He is today undergoing the second part of his medical at Cobham - meaning personal terms will be agreed shortly.

Latest rumour has it that he is to go out on loan to Atletico Madrid - possibly for two-three seasons.

"...Chelsea will lend me the first year and it is likely to Atletico Madrid. I must normally be my first chance as goalkeeper. Depending on my performance, I will maybe half and third years to borrow then be included in the core at Chelsea. "

http://translate.goo...a0-44bf8109e6ca

The official webby finally gets around it :

COURTOIS UNDERGOING MEDICAL

COURTOIS UNDERGOING MEDICAL

Posted on: Mon 18 Jul 2011

Andre Villas-Boas has confirmed Belgian goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois is undergoing a medical in England after we agreed terms with RC Genk for the transfer of the 19-year-old on Sunday.

Speaking after arriving in Kuala Lumpur on the club's pre-season tour, Villas-Boas said: 'At this moment he is having a medical but has not yet agreed personal terms.'

Courtois, who won the Belgian Goalkeeper of the Year and RC Genk Player of the Year awards last season, made his debut in 2009 while still 16, and has been a member of his national team's squad for the recent European Championship qualifier against Turkey.

It is not expected that he will join up with the squad in Asia should the transfer be completed in time.

Reliable Belgofoot had this to say on twitter :

"Thibaut Courtois tells HNB that he will probably go on loan to Athletico, and it could be for 2 or 3 seasons "

I was inclined to seeing him on the bench rightaway after Hilario and Turnbull’s recent quirks against Pompey . Moreover ,our interest in Begovich in the Jan window goes to show our faith in the backups we have to Cech . If Big Pete is out injured , we’re totally f**ked . Ah well , good for Courtois’ development I suppose.

Now if only the suits had a brainwave to try and figure out how to include Aguero into the negotiations .

Now if only the suits had a brainwave to try and figure out how to include Aguero into the negotiations .

Aguero is all but City's, I'm led to believe. Tevez is about to join Corinthians and Mancini has already spoken about Kun, whose agent incidentally says things will be settled in one week. Another stumbling block : Kun's wages at Leti are £240,000 a week!

From twitter :

@CFCFanatic I can learn more in Spain than in Belgium - Courtois #chelsea #CFC #valencia
@CFCFanatic with GK Cech I exchanged words - Courtois #chelsea #CFC
@CFCFanatic Lampard and Terry struck immediately talk to me - Courtois #chelsea #CFC
@CFCFanatic I was already presented to the players - Courtois #chelsea #CF