Stamford Bridge Thread

One thing is certain though, with fair play rules coming soon, status of our club has and the long term goals we do need a big stadium.

Exclusive - Hoddle backs Abramovich plan to move Chelsea

http://www.talksport...an-move-chelsea

The atmosphere will not 100% be shit. Porto, Benfica, Galatasary have moved to new stadiums recently and their atmosphere has not gone. The possibility of cheaper ticket prices might bring back some of the older, louder and more passionate fans at games

There isn't just one ground per country which can host Champions League and Europa League finals, otherwise you would miss out on a ton of good stadiums. If we build a state of the art, iconic stadium in the region of 60,000 capacity do you think we are going to get turned away?

Wembley can only hold around 20 events per year or something due to some restrictions. It is too far away from the Bridge too, and the seats are red!

You know what kind of stadium we would need to build to match Wembley...

The atmosphere will not 100% be shit. Porto, Benfica, Galatasary have moved to new stadiums recently and their atmosphere has not gone. The possibility of cheaper ticket prices might bring back some of the older, louder and more passionate fans at games

Small possibility that ticket prices would go down, this may bring back the louder passionate fans. However our board being our board, ticket prices are likely to stay the same/ go up & the main attraction will be the tourist fans who create no atmosphere,

There's also the possibility that the die hard loud passionate fans may boycott a new stadium as it would take away our identity.

If they boycott the club by refusing to go to the new stadium, they're not die-hard fans. IMO.

Or old fashioned however you look at it. My point is a new stadium won't help the dying atmosphere at home games.

My point is a new stadium won't help the dying atmosphere at home games.

On the contrary, it might do just that.

Simple economics dictate that more the people you stuff into the ground, less you need to take from them individually - and still end up making a sizeable improvement on your present earnings considering the increase in numbers on matchday rise by 50% compared to current levels in a 60k stadium. Thus, cheaper tickets bring in more of the local, vocal lot who obviously enhance the atmosphere. This is of course, assuming that we sell out the proposed 60k seats every week.

Also, ticket prices currently wouldn't increase sharply either, I'd imagine, as costs associated with stadium redevelopment are not under the purview of UFFP, calming fears that the proposed move would result in a large hike.

Its not as if ticket prices will be cheaper either, in fact they'd probably go up massively to help pay for the ground :lol: I think I'm becoming more and more against a move, although I do recognise we need to go. I simply want to stay at the Bridge.

all we need to do is introduce safe standing . Cheaper tickets , bigger gates and improved atmosphere . problem solved .

Ideally that would be great. But lets not forget the consensus now, everyone agrees, that football is first and foremost a business, with the actual kicking a ball about bit way down the list.

Therefore we know the corporate money making side of a new stadium will be the priority. Great big corporate boxes, and tax incentives for block corporate bookings, and no tickets wouldnt get cheaper.

It is therefore critical that the Fans Forum are consulted and their wishes acted on, all along the process. For me the selling of CPO shares, giving one man a complete say in what happens to the club I am not happy about

Heres a survey about the move/ CPO sell off to complete if you want....

http://thechels.net/2011/10/the-burning-question-chelsea-the-cpo/

I can understand how fans who've been going to bridge for all their life feel about the move and I would want us to stay at the bridge too part selfishly because I have not been able to save up enough for a month long trip yet. But I wouldn't even bother comparing what I feel to people who go there week in week out.

I'm sure many of them share their disgruntledness towards constantly increasing ticket prices, though the new stadium wouldn't guarantee that prices will not increase it will ensure that they won't increase as radically if we were to stay put and compete at the top level and also satisfy the UEFA Financial Fair play.

Put it this way, your family has for all the generations you can remember, through thick and thin, stayed in a house of 3 bedrooms. Quite a palce when it used to be the talk of town 100 years back. Now you have your parents, a brother, both the missus, and 4 kids in 3 bedrooms. You'd ideally want to expand the house and fit everyone in or buy 3 houses to fit everyone. The family is broke and can't afford to expand it. Option is stay where you are how you are or sell it off to buy 3 houses which will fit your needs.

Actually I'm not too convinced by my example but what I mean to say is I trust that all other options have been checked which would have provided for us to stay at the Bridge and only when none of them seemed viable are we going in for the move.

I think both sides have to be open minded to eachother on what is the most significant change off the field to our club since Ken Bates fought off the vultures.

It is a difficult one to side with imho, if we stay at the Bridge then we can probably say goodbye to the marquee signings that we have been getting over the past 10 or so years & we will fall further behind the Utd's, Arsenal's of this world not to mention the top European clubs in terms of revenue & therefore attracting the best talent. Moving will also absorb any losses as we can do this by building the new stadium which is permitted in the new financial rules, therefore continuity of buying the best talent is assured. With having a 60k stadium it will keep us in the mix.

Having been a fan for 40 years albeit not seeing to much of the seventies, really getting into the club in the middle eighties as a young teen & can remember getting pissed on by a massive skinhead in the shed end wasn't a great feeling at the time but that was part of the history of the ground with seeing so many great games since, especially having the wonderful pleasure of watching the best player ever in Zola to grace it was a joy to behold - great memories & emotions from a fantastic history of our famous ground.

That said I side on moving but only if the board are open & honest with exhausting all avenues with extending the Bridge because I think plan A for them is to move & plan B is to extend the Bridge - their not going to waste 1mil on drawing up future plans for nothing! I believe the board should agree to a binding agreement with the CPO that fans have a say in some of the fundamental things in moving, for example ticket prices. This season they have got it badly wrong with over charging for European group games when they could of kept prices the same ensuring a sell out, they are getting that revenue back anyway by charging extra on category AA game, the board are just being greedy. For me this is a time for the CPO to strike a blow for the fans to ensure we are not fleeced anymore. I actually see this as a win-win situation for the club & the fans if both parties use their common sense & agree to logical thinking - the Club will move together In the right direction if they can be sensible.

One thing I would like to add is if we do move (I think Earls court is favourite) I hope they build it so we have the option to extend the stadium if needed, we are growing & will continue to grow. One of my local sides Reading have that option & I think that's great business sense & something that we should get in the deeds.

Porto, Benfica and Galatasary are terrible examples. They all had top class support before their moves. Whereas our support is shocking already.

No doubt the acoustics at a new stadium would be terrible as well, just like Wembley!

Unfortunately there's absolutely no doubt that this move will eventually happen, although I don't expect the CPO's to give in straight away.

Porto, Benfica and Galatasary are terrible examples. They all had top class support before their moves. Whereas our support is shocking already.

No doubt the acoustics at a new stadium would be terrible as well, just like Wembley!

Unfortunately there's absolutely no doubt that this move will eventually happen, although I don't expect the CPO's to give in straight away.

Seem to remember Bates and several players being CPOs. Wise for one.

Wonder if they'll be so quick to relinquish them ?