Stamford Bridge Thread

Spot on.

Gooner comments

''i hope for all your sakes you dont, unless your club gets half a dozen of you lot in on the planning for things..our club royally fucked everythng up, from the design,to moving ST holders, more lads in the pubs than ground these days. and we got less of the cheapER seats on sale match to match than when we was at Highbury..hate the place. i could type 100 reasons whats wrong with it...good luck ''

i put his comments because hes respectable, and theres a definite corrolation between them moving and slipping down the pecking order. You need more than TV money and a rich benefactor -without the fans and atmosphere a club becomes a soulless shadow of its former self.

if the move happens I just hope its given every consideration, and not just money

No such thing as a respectable woolwich wanderer fan :blue scalf: arsenals decline is more down to wenger than it is to a ground move, he has failed to replace players when they have left with similar quality, he usually goes for a younger cheaper shitter option to keep in with his philosophy.

I think even if we did move we would have the same atmosphere as we currently do, good but not great, its more down to the modern fan for the lack of noise, blame murdoch and sky for that.

No such thing as a respectable woolwich wanderer fan :blue scalf: arsenals decline is more down to wenger than it is to a ground move, he has failed to replace players when they have left with similar quality, he usually goes for a younger cheaper shitter option to keep in with his philosophy.

I think even if we did move we would have the same atmosphere as we currently do, good but not great, its more down to the modern fan for the lack of noise, blame murdoch and sky for that.

Hes a decent sort whos been going since Kerry scored in front of the North bank ;)

The atmosphere is pretty shit now and it would get worse unless criteria were adhered to that no other club has done.

ie The Fans Forum is consulted all the way along. Thats the most important.

The Premier League was worth £302 m from tv at its inception they now get £3.2 bn, if clubs just rely on that they're foolish. There was a ruling today where pubs can show streams from Greek TV. So theres no guarantee that players can be bought for 40 50 m on the back of TV rights.

Fans and atmosphere made these clubs, which is why you've Ahmed and Iqbal watching all round the World. Yer Romans and Glazers are just buying a brand, they shouldnt forget the roots of it.

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2472458,00.html

If you watch this, they talk a lot about moving stadiums, not about the actual Chelsea Pitch Owners and the way Cundy talks it seems like he (a club insider who works daily with the club) seems more or less resigned to the fact that we are leaving. if the club were true to their word that they are not looking at another place to build a stadium then why would the interview be so focused about how we have enjoyed our last 106 years at the Bridge but we need to remain competitive?

Come on Chelsea, just admit it, we know you are looking at alternative sites and may even already have one

Not sure if it is entirely related, but AFL architects (who have worked with us to refurbish the East Stand and West stand) and designed Cobham training ground have also designed a stadium for an un named client. It looks like this:

snowdrop_large_1.jpg

snowdrop_large_2.jpg

snowdrop_large_3.jpg

Not sure if the fact that they have worked so closely with us in the past could have anything to do with it. It could be our future stadium. They are fairly high profile as well, having worked with Manchester United, Rio 2016 Olympics and Liverpool

From the outside that is the ugliest ground i've seen, inside looks nice though.

In an ideal world there would be a way to expand the bridge. It'll be a very sad day if we do have to move from the bridge, it's a shame the way football is going, money dominates the game & we need a bigger stadium to compete with the other top clubs in the league. We are a massive club though and deserve to be playing in a bigger stadium, I just wish that could be a bigger Stamford Bridge.

That ground above would be an abomination. As someone said the interview with Cundy hints to me that the club may be looking to take action on this very soon. We all know we get things done very discreetly and quickly at Chelsea these days,.

Hes a decent sort whos been going since Kerry scored in front of the North bank ;)

The atmosphere is pretty shit now and it would get worse unless criteria were adhered to that no other club has done.

ie The Fans Forum is consulted all the way along. Thats the most important.

The Premier League was worth £302 m from tv at its inception they now get £3.2 bn, if clubs just rely on that they're foolish. There was a ruling today where pubs can show streams from Greek TV. So theres no guarantee that players can be bought for 40 50 m on the back of TV rights.

Fans and atmosphere made these clubs, which is why you've Ahmed and Iqbal watching all round the World. Yer Romans and Glazers are just buying a brand, they shouldnt forget the roots of it.

Definitely agree with you about getting the fans forum consulted on stadium design/ideas, they need fans ideas if/when they look to relocate so that the fans respond well to a new place.

That stadium posted is like a blue version of the emirates - my worst nightmare, horrible.

This is what all CPO shareholders have been sent, interesting - http://www.chelseafc...,,10268,00.html

What a shame in the next few years we could lose Stamford Bridge, Anfield, Goodison Park, White Hart Lane, Upton Park and possibly more.

There has been on and off talk about this for years, whether we like it or not it is without doubt going to happen eventully. I acutally want us to stay at The Bridge but in reality unlikely now.

Should we move we will have to get every single aspect of the move spot on IMO on and off the pitch. Should we have a sustained period of sucess or dare i say it domination under Villas Boas especially playing the dream football Roman wants then we will get quite a few new fans and it would be easier to fill the new ground. Also it might convince AVB to stay for even longer.

I really don't want to move to the place that is right on QPR'SE's doorstep that would be horrible.

They might knock the Bridge down to expand it which would be the best of the worst options but where would we play for 5 years?

I understand why certain supporter's would be against the idea of moving. Maybe if i were born and brought up in London visiting matches on a weekly basis from the Shed End, I may have that affection towards Stamford Bridge as well. But since I have been following the club from afar for more than a good 10 years, I do not maybe realize that special bond towards our current stadium.

To me it is high time we moved to a bigger and better stadium. Of course, they would need to take fan's feedback through every part of the new plan. Like Bruce Buck said, we are potentially missing out on 35m+ pounds on our yearly revenue or to put it simply, we are missing out on an Aguero every year.

Not sure of the specifics of the CPO plan and what they gain from this deal. But if and when we move, it should be with the blessings of the hardcore home supporter's who spend their hard earned cash on a weekly basis to cheer the team through each and every match...

Would it be real fan consultation thought , i mean arsenal claimed their plans were influenced heavily by the fans but in reality they just put a old school canon on the seats and then claimed the fans had helped design the stadium :L i can imagine a few compromises maybe calling one of the stands The Mathew Harding , but it will involve only minor bits of nostalgia to appease the fans . Which is obviously better than nothing but i just cant imagine a lot of meaningful consultation on big things .

In order to be financially secure the club needs a bigger stadium to generate more revenue.

It is fair to say that the board have tried their best at looking at opportunities to expand the Bridge but that is not a feasible option for varios reasons. The last option is to move and that is what the club have decided.

Just because Emirates has a shit atmosphere doesn't mean our new stadium will have a shut atmosphere. If anything, Emirates is a lesson we must learn from. High intimidating stands and seats close to the pitch should be be priority. Acoustics should be given more priority than the aesthetics

Heres something to chew on, if we stay at the bridge in the coming years ticket prices will continue to go up on a probable annual basis, should we move to a new stadia then it could mean cheaper tickets in the longer run with less increases.

that hasn't happened at the emirates .

I've never been to the Bridge, but I'd feel very sad if CFC left it. People who went to games would probably feel 10 times worse...still it's just the way things are. Money, money money...and money :(

I know it's all about money and that is why you and I and millions others have started supporting the club. Without money Sky wouldn't have bothered broadcasting premier league across the globe and we wouldn't have had these fans on the forum.