Stamford Bridge Thread

No surprise with the Ron Gourlay question...

think there will be some principled opposition to this, some things are worth more than money..

(Posted this survey a week ago in the ''Roman Makes Proposal to Pitch Owners '' thread. Glad someone has put it up again

though)

I could handle the change of the stadium's name... but the name of the club? That would be too much, and it's already too big of a brand name... Changing it would be a big blow commercially for the businessmen aswell.

QPR chief executive officer Philip Beard said on Thursday that the club are looking to leave Loftus Road for a new stadium, preferably in the Shepherd's Bush area.

That could only really mean White City?

Fulham were also reportedly looking for a move away from Craven Cottage but have recently said they will improve the ground.

Could this be the reason why the club have given the CPO very little time to take it all in? Why wasn't this mentioned last week at the time the offer was made public. Have the club already earmarked White City and don't want QPR to beat them to it or does it mean a ground share with them?

There's too many questions that need answering and if Abramovich wants these shares so much surely he should be turning up at the General Meeting and telling it how it really is.

I for one don't trust Buck or Gourlay and until Abramovich comes out publically and lets us know what the plans are and what discussions/proposals have already taken place then the only vote that can be made at this stage imo is a NO vote.

Vote NO and then let the club come back with proper answers and then we can start again with proper trueful information to be able to vote on what is the best thing to do for both club and fans

I'm not a CPO but i know quite a few CPO's.I didn't trust Bates when he dreamt this scheme up in 1993.

I've been going to Stamford Bridge since 1980 and hold this stadium very close to my heart.as many other fans of my ilk and those before me do.We also hold very fond memories and story's from the days in the old Shed to the vocal and raccous Matthew Harding Stand.

When the news filtered through last week that the Chelsea FC board/directors on behalf of Mr Roman Abramovich wanted the CPO to sell their shares and to relinquish the freehold of Stamford Bridge,it left a very nasty taste in my mouth,as well as all sorts of expletives coming from this mouth as my answer to their offer.

I understand the club needs to prosper to compete with the best in Europe,as well as England but this has to be done on the terms of the CPO.

I also understand that Stamford Bridge is slightly too small for us to compete with other clubs that have bigger stadiums and better income than we do.

Ideally expanding Stamford Bridge would be a godsend as we would get to remain in what's been our ancesteral home for 106 years.No other Premier League club can boast such a feat.

But,and their is a but-i do not want Chelsea to move to the bandit country of White City or Old Oak Common in NW10.Battersea Nine Elms would be my personal and prefered choice.

My problem with Bruce Buck and Ron Gourlay is that they strongly deny that the they have no immidiate plans to move.If that's the case then why are they in such a rush for the CPO to relinquish their shares?

A clause in the CPO agreement states that the club would not move more than 3 miles from Stamford Bridge BEFORE 2020.

Who's to say that if/when CPO vote YES the club could u-turn,keep us at Stamford Bridge then move us anywhere they like,from Mill Hill to Moscow(example).

Under the current terms i would urge members on here that are CPO's to vote NO as the the board has not been transparent about the immidiate plans for Chelsea FC.

There also requires conditions that the CPO should set in terms from extending location clause(very important) to reducing ticket prices for children,students and OAP's.

It could also be a good idea for CPO to adjourn the vote on the 27th October to give them more time to get their case together.

Some people say the location to where we move is not important.Ahem,it damn well is.The only "fans" that share that theory are the one's that have no relation whatsoever to Stamford Bridge or your common daytripper,JCL to the fly-by-nights from Singapore to Seatlle.

I really understand we need a bigger stadium-but let's be sensible about it.

Say NO CPO!!.

When the news filtered through last week that the Chelsea FC board/directors on behalf of Mr Roman Abramovich wanted the CPO to sell their shares and to relinquish the freehold of Stamford Bridge,it left a very nasty taste in my mouth,as well as all sorts of expletives coming from this mouth as my answer to their offer.

I understand the club needs to prosper to compete with the best in Europe,as well as England but this has to be done on the terms of the CPO.

I also understand that Stamford Bridge is slightly too small for us to compete with other clubs that have bigger stadiums and better income than we do.

Ideally expanding Stamford Bridge would be a godsend as we would get to remain in what's been our ancesteral home for 106 years.No other Premier League can boast such a feat.

But,and their is a but-i do not want Chelsea to move to the bandit country of White City or Old Oak Common in NW10.Battersea Nine Elms would be my personal and prefered choice.

My problem with Bruce Buck and Ron Gourlay is that they strongly deny that the they have no immidiate plans to move.If that's the case then why are they in such a rush for the CPO to relinquish their shares?

A clause in the CPO agreement states that the club would not move more than 3 miles from Stamford Bridge BEFORE 2020.

Who's to say that if/when CPO vote YES the club could u-turn,keep us at Stamford Bridge then move us anywhere they like,from Mill Hill to Moscow(example).

Under the current terms i would urge members on here that are CPO's to vote NO as the the board has not been transparent about the immidiate plans for Chelsea FC.

There also requires conditions that the CPO should set in terms from extending location clause(very important) to reducing ticket prices for children,students and OAP's.

It could also be a good idea for CPO to adjourn the vote on the 27th October to give them more time to get their case together.

Some people say the location to where we move is not important.Ahem,it damn well is.The only "fans" that share that theory are the one's that have no relation whatsoever to Stamford Bridge or your common daytripper,JCL to the fly-by-nights from Singapore to Seatlle.

I really understand we need a bigger stadium-but let's be sensible about it.

Say NO CPO!!.

very interesting about stadium expansion. At least they have revealed that they have actually tried to get planning permission for certain things. Looks as if the East stand is a non-starter for redevelopment, The Shed end looks quite difficult although in my opinion it would be the easiest option to redevelop. I can see why a route to west brompton was rejected because there is hardly any space for a passage to be built along that route and the west stand would not really be possible to rebuild