Stamford Bridge Thread

no i didn't to be honest i just watched the video , i dont want to move so i dont see this as a good thing .

Do you want to elaborate on that view point?

Moving to a new ground is inevitable and is needed for the club to take the last step to becoming what is considered a major club, all the great clubs have big stadiums or at least the biggest in their leagues, the club have made the kind of promises that a fan would want.

Look at the big picture we are not the club we once were, we dont need to do a whipround in the stands train to aways to help save the club from the developers, the cpo in the current climate are now defunct it is no longer needed.

Do you want to elaborate on that view point?

Moving to a new ground is inevitable and is needed for the club to take the last step to becoming what is considered a major club, all the great clubs have big stadiums or at least the biggest in their leagues, the club have made the kind of promises that a fan would want.

Look at the big picture we are not the club we once were, we dont need to do a whipround in the stands train to aways to help save the club from the developers, the cpo in the current climate are now defunct it is no longer needed.

just dont want to move to a atmospherless ( if that's a real word ) bowl like the emirates , Stamford Bridge atmosphere is poor but it would only get worse if we moved to a stadium like theirs .

just dont want to move to a atmospherless ( if that's a real word ) bowl like the emirates , Stamford Bridge atmosphere is poor but it would only get worse if we moved to a stadium like theirs .

That's an odd way of looking at it, what makes you think they would go for a similar design. For all you know we could be getting a Chelsea version of the Bernabeu or Allianz arena. The Emirates 'concrete bowl' isn’t the only stadium type you know.. :rolleyes:

That's an odd way to look at it, what makes you think they would go for a similar design. For all you know we could be getting a Chelsea version of the Bernabeu or Allianz arena. The concrete bowl isn’t the only stadium type you know. :rolleyes:

i know but i cant imagine it will be a compact intimidating fortress can you ? im just guessing it will try to prioritize facilities and capacity over tradition and passion .

What makes you think that the cpo on agreeing to selling it back wouldnt ask for a clause to say they would like fan consultation on a new ground, I dont think for one minute that if we were to move abramovich would want some generic number 6 bowl style ground anyway, id imagine him to have a ground built that will make us the envy of the world, when roman does something he does it with the style of a billionaire playboy, look at the mans yachts for christs sake, we would have the most state of the art stadium in europe, 60k all seater, retractable roof, heated seats in the prawn sarnie part of the ground, special area for youngsters and family section, the away lot banished to the heavens out of sight and earshot.

A new ground would be great for the club, atmosphere wise I dont see it changing much in the ground it sounds great if you are in the MH or the shed, but you cant hear each other as the stadiums acoustics are so shit that should be a major point the club need to sort out if we move.

Its all positive for me as long as we stay within the SW or W postcodes of london, id object if we were to move to guildford for example, even if it did mean im only 30 minutes away in a car.

What makes you think that the cpo on agreeing to selling it back wouldnt ask for a clause to say they would like fan consultation on a new ground

we would have the most state of the art stadium in europe, 60k all seater, retractable roof, heated seats in the prawn sarnie part of the ground, special area for youngsters and family section, the away lot banished to the heavens out of sight and earshot.

Well there is no mention of a fan consultation and im not sure roman would have it .

i can see the positives of the type of stadium you describe and the negative , do we really want heated seats ?

What about enlarging the Bridge?

no where to expand really youve only got on exit from the ground you got a tube line one side houses etc etc i remember when i worked there they said its a saftey risk to expand on

the site as theres only one exit and getting 42,000+ out is hard enough as it is

also this http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Chelsea-take-first-step-towards-leaving-Stamford-Bridge-for-a-new-ground-article807880.html

Well there is no mention of a fan consultation and im not sure roman would have it .

i can see the positives of the type of stadium you describe and the negative , do we really want heated seats ?

The prawn sarnie brigade would on a cold december midweek night against stoke, me couldnt care less, the fan consultation was an idea I was putting out there, to be fair to the club they generally are not to bad at getting us fans involved when possible, unlike when ken bates was head honcho (he did as much bad as he did good), id be of the opinion that they might....might do something similar to the shed end mural on the website/posted to members + season ticket holders/have a poll on a choice of a few different stadium designs, although im sure Roman Abramovich would produce something to be proud of, hopefully something similar to below

2710_spurs.jpg?9d7bd4

Massive single tier behind the goals north and south, with multi tiers on the sides, and banish the away lot to the highest point in the ground where they cant be seen or heard.

The prawn sarnie brigade would on a cold december midweek night against stoke, me couldnt care less, the fan consultation was an idea I was putting out there, to be fair to the club they generally are not to bad at getting us fans involved when possible, unlike when ken bates was head honcho (he did as much bad as he did good), id be of the opinion that they might....might do something similar to the shed end mural on the website/posted to members + season ticket holders/have a poll on a choice of a few different stadium designs, although im sure Roman Abramovich would produce something to be proud of, hopefully something similar to below

2710_spurs.jpg?9d7bd4

Massive single tier behind the goals north and south, with multi tiers on the sides, and banish the away lot to the highest point in the ground where they cant be seen or heard.

i know what your trying to say , but i would wish for the away fans to be in the mix thought not at the compromise of home atmosphere but not were they cant be heard . Still unconvinced though i think staying in Stamford bridge would be the best option .

i know what your trying to say , but i would wish for the away fans to be in the mix thought not at the compromise of home atmosphere but not were they cant be heard . Still unconvinced though i think staying in Stamford bridge would be the best option .

And that at the moment is the best option, what the club are saying is for example, if earls court becomes available and they needed to move quick, to get the bank loans to partially fund it they would need to use the bridge as collateral just like what woolwich wanderers done with highbury, at the moment with the CPO still in place that couldnt happen, if I were Roman id also say to the CPO the freehold can be transferred onto the new ground to keep them happy.

I read this on the guardian, and was more then interesting enough to comment.

I for once say it's about time to move!

We need to expand, so they got my vote.

Now my concern with Roman doing this for the club is his on-going battle in court:

http://www.guardian....+%28Football%29

Have no idea how that will change Roman outlook for the club if things go wrong for him in this case.....

With a new stadium in the future being inevitable, this is great news for the club and it’s identity. Moving to a new ground in 2020 and renaming the club 'London FC' is the reality, if the pitch owners remain.

Like buck said they will move to a new stadium only if CPO accepts the offer. That's the pre condition.

And there is no way on earth CHelsea FC is going to be renamed as London FC. Chelsea FC is a global brand and will grow ten folds in the next decade. The board won't risk losig the brand from monetary perspective and also because this will piss the fans off.

Moving to a new stadium and calling it London FC means starting a club from scratch with no soul.

I draw particular attention to this comment on the SS story:

After years of being held to ransom by CFC with ticket prices they now want you to sell - at cost, something you bought 20 years ago and not hold the club you saved, to ransom.. Unbelievable.

His views are understandable. But imo, this does need to happen.