Stamford Bridge Thread

Just now, Unionjack said:

And us standing up will make it worse because.....................??

I like standing up at games, It adds to the atmosphere. And I also sometimes call the opposition F' W's too. I'm a baaaaad boy!

But I really can't see any problems with this safe standing even if its just in the ends.. Plus it would allow a larger capacity.

Because testosterone is testosterone.

Just now, OhForAGreavsie said:

Because testosterone is testosterone.

But we have that sitting don mate. I cant see it getting higher if e are sitting  or standing. Look how excited we (I) get just watching us on telly. And the sectioning at the grounds is so tight the fans cant get at each other even if they wanted to.

Peeps can always goto a side stand if they dont want noise amd excitement. But its all part of the day I think.

Its changed so much at the Bridge. Got too PC. Peeps on laptops, Mobiles in the air all over. Getting scolded for standing up. Not like going for a pie and a pint then shouting yer fool head off. Or am I neanderthal?

3 hours ago, Unionjack said:

But we have that sitting don mate. I cant see it getting higher if e are sitting  or standing. Look how excited we (I) get just watching us on telly. And the sectioning at the grounds is so tight the fans cant get at each other even if they wanted to.

Peeps can always goto a side stand if they dont want noise amd excitement. But its all part of the day I think.

Its changed so much at the Bridge. Got too PC. Peeps on laptops, Mobiles in the air all over. Getting scolded for standing up. Not like going for a pie and a pint then shouting yer fool head off. Or am I neanderthal?

Just on the scolding point. No one has ever told me to sit down when I’ve been in the MH lower but it does happen is the West if people overdo it. Thing is not everyone wants to stand but if the lad or lass in front is doing so ‘persistently’ then they are basically saying everyone has to if the want to see.

Obviously I get the opposite point of view. Not everyone wants to be left with no choice but to sit. I am genuinely worried though about what we might allow back into the game along with standing. The idiots of the 70’s & 80’s are old now but new idiots are born every minute. Things do become more boisterous when young men stand in large groups of like minded individuals. Allocated seating breaks up those groups, safe standing facilitates them.

When boisterous people congregate tribalism rises. When people are shouting wankers at opposition fans and gesturing at them, they are much more likely to be standing than sitting. All of this turns the temperature up and I don’t think the risk is worth it. Remember, it only takes the animosity to be raised in the ground, the trouble can be sparked anywhere.

I hope that MP’s are not going to cave on this but, if they do, then I hope it turns out I was wrong to be worried. 

6 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

but it does happen is the West if people overdo it

The West is actually a joke. I literally hate it there. Zero atmosphere, zero passion and basically zero expression from the majority of fans in that stand. I understand there are many fans who don't go to experience the game being surrounded by the more verbal and energetic types but the whole fucking stand sleeps during the game.

17 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Shame. If this happens I can only hope that my fears about the implications are unfounded. I have little faith in the good behaviour of football fans. At the Emirates the other night there were grown men supporting Chelsea who were chanting F’s and C’s with little Children sat all around them.

Last year someone posted a video of Chelsea fans in a stadium baiting fans of the other team. There were F’s, W’s and the obligatory hand gestures. The caption said ‘Great support’. I don’t agree.

For fucks sake are you for real?. You sound like your writing a letter to the Telegraph.'' There were grown men swearing at a soccer match what brutish behaviour''. It's football not the last night of the proms. No one intentionally swears in front of kids but people get caught up in the moment and emotions run high. You've been round long enough to have seen worse than swearing and hand gestures (do you mean this one?)

wanker.gif

5 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

For fucks sake are you for real?. You sound like your writing a letter to the Telegraph.'' There were grown men swearing at a soccer match what brutish behaviour''. It's football not the last night of the proms. No one intentionally swears in front of kids but people get caught up in the moment and emotions run high. You've been round long enough to have seen worse than swearing and hand gestures (do you mean this one?)

wanker.gif

No bud its this one

Exclusive: London Stadium operators would consider Chelsea & West Ham groundshare

The Blues are looking for a temporary home from the start of the 2020/21 Premier League season

https://www.football.london/premier-league/chelsea-west-ham-london-stadium-14610574

24 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Exclusive: London Stadium operators would consider Chelsea & West Ham groundshare

The Blues are looking for a temporary home from the start of the 2020/21 Premier League season

https://www.football.london/premier-league/chelsea-west-ham-london-stadium-14610574

nooooooo_elf.gif

6 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

wanker.gif

My over all point in a nutshell, and this was an under 18's game with a higher than usual percentage of kids in the ground.

4 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Please,No.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎03‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 8:16 PM, Unionjack said:

Hello mate.

I can see us at MK Dons myself

I was there for the cup match a couple of years ago it's proper pain to get to. Tube to Euston, train to Bletchley, a cab to some boozer to pick up the tickets and then a 20 minute walk. It's like having a football ground in a shopping complex there's no pubs for miles but there are restaurants outside. They do provide free buses from the ground back to the station after the game but that could never work with thousands of Chelsea fans trying to get home. It's not feasible in my opinion and if I had to choose I would pick Fulham rather than Wembley four seasons there is going to be a strain for fans and players alike. Get 30,000 at Fulham proper fans no day trippers or tourists will be a far better atmosphere than a half full Wembley which it will be a lot of the time unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Iggy Doonican said:

I was there for the cup match a couple of years ago it's proper pain to get to. Tube to Euston, train to Bletchley, a cab to some boozer to pick up the tickets and then a 20 minute walk. It's like having a football ground in a shopping complex there's no pubs for miles but there are restaurants outside. They do provide free buses from the ground back to the station after the game but that could never work with thousands of Chelsea fans trying to get home. It's not feasible in my opinion and if I had to choose I would pick Fulham rather than Wembley four seasons there is going to be a strain for fans and players alike. Get 30,000 at Fulham proper fans no day trippers or tourists will be a far better atmosphere than a half full Wembley which it will be a lot of the time unfortunately.

Yeah I could live with that mate.

But you just know 'The Board' will want to be daddy big bollox and want the biggest available.

If we leave it a bit lomger we could goto North London potato men,

2 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Hi Iggy, I would just like to say I agree with you to a point. I too would hate West Hams ground. But I'm a tad offended by your " proper fans no day trippers". i am a club member, been supporting the Chels for 48 years,used to go to all the home and away matched in the late 70's (when we were shit :P) when I lived in London. But I now live in Ireland. This makes it kinda tough to attend every match but I get over when I can. So I would be one of these "Day trippers" you speak about. But this doesn't make me any less of a fan. We may not always be there but we are the face of Chelsea around the world and without us the club would be a whole lot poorer. I would love to attend every game again, but for me to attend a match and staying in London plus flights is expensive so not possible all the time. So please dont call us day trippers or tourists. We, or at least I,feel I am a genuine supporter, who just cant make every game.

20 minutes ago, Starman60 said:

Hi Iggy, I would just like to say I agree with you to a point. I too would hate West Hams ground. But I'm a tad offended by your " proper fans no day trippers". i am a club member, been supporting the Chels for 48 years,used to go to all the home and away matched in the late 70's (when we were shit :P) when I lived in London. But I now live in Ireland. This makes it kinda tough to attend every match but I get over when I can. So I would be one of these "Day trippers" you speak about. But this doesn't make me any less of a fan. We may not always be there but we are the face of Chelsea around the world and without us the club would be a whole lot poorer. I would love to attend every game again, but for me to attend a match and staying in London plus flights is expensive so not possible all the time. So please dont call us day trippers or tourists. We, or at least I,feel I am a genuine supporter, who just cant make every game.

I'm sure Iggy will have an answer for you too my friend but as you are a long standing supporter you will know exactly the kind of 'daytripper' he means!

The ones that sit with their laptops and mobiles taking selfies and are posted onto various social media accounts before the match is ended.

The ones that look at us in shock,awe and disgust for venting our anger at the ref or having a sing song.

These 'daytrippers' know sod all about football and even less anout Chelsea. They go for various reasons. We have become a part of the tourist industry. Guys want to boast to their mates around the coffee machine at the office they were slumming it with the pie and mash lot. For whatever reason the ground is over run with the b;ighters! And it will only get worse with a bigger ground and the more silverware we win.

I liked the days before the tourists came. We didnt win bugger all but it was a great craic following the lads.