Stamford Bridge Thread

On 12/01/2018 at 1:42 PM, Mana said:

I hope they won't interrupt over development plans. 60,000+ people will get to enjoy

And most of those 60k wouldn't mind swapping places with them. I know I.m not that far away now but to roll out of your pit and walk down the street to the Bridge would be great. Sit up in yer bedroom throwing balloons full of pee at gooners! great stuff.

On 1/16/2018 at 4:08 PM, mccg said:

Chelsea to launch campaign to tackle antisemitism

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2018/01/chelsea-to-launch-campaign-to-tackle-antisemitism.html

Fair dues to them.

I see what you did there. Reminds me of the only funny thing Jimmy Carr has said '' "Someone came up to me last week and complained about a joke, quite a big-boned girl.She said: "I think you're fattist." I said: "No, I think you're fattest".

On 23/01/2018 at 0:52 AM, Unionjack said:

Chelsea named eighth richest club in the world in Deloitte Football Money League

http://www.cityam.com/279269/chelsea-named-eighth-richest-club-world-deloitte-football

Our stadium holding us back from being in the top five richest club in the world

• 1 month later...

A Chelsea spokesperson said: “Chelsea FC have reached an agreement to settle the ongoing legal proceedings in relation to rights to light. The details of the agreement are confidential.”

Chelsea agreed to compensate most of the 50 properties that would suffer as a result of the redesign but reached a stalemate with the Crosthwaites. The family took out a High Court injunction in May to stop construction work going ahead, delaying the club’s hopes of being in their new home by the start of the 2023-24 season. (Telegraph)

See good and bad about the new ground. 

As someone else said ''we seem to be turning into Arsenal''  .'When we think of the real Arsenal we think of Seaman, Vireira, Petit, Bergkamp, Wright, Adams etc...big game players with strong minds. I think it's fair to say they haven't been replaced with like for like and have never recovered from the loss of those. We look at the backbone of Chelsea's success and see we're now taking the same course as Arsenal in that we're failing to find the same strength as the Cech's, Franks. JT's etc. If we're not better in the transfer market then we can look forward to the same kind of rotting seen at Arsenal. The mediocrity of Arsenal has run alongside the building of the Emirates...then we look at our plans for the new stadium. Are we walking the same path we have to ask.'

39 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

See good and bad about the new ground. 

As someone else said ''we seem to be turning into Arsenal''  .'When we think of the real Arsenal we think of Seaman, Vireira, Petit, Bergkamp, Wright, Adams etc...big game players with strong minds. I think it's fair to say they haven't been replaced with like for like and have never recovered from the loss of those. We look at the backbone of Chelsea's success and see we're now taking the same course as Arsenal in that we're failing to find the same strength as the Cech's, Franks. JT's etc. If we're not better in the transfer market then we can look forward to the same kind of rotting seen at Arsenal. The mediocrity of Arsenal has run alongside the building of the Emirates...then we look at our plans for the new stadium. Are we walking the same path we have to ask.'

Going to be interesting FB next season when which looks pretty likely we will be playing in a half empty ground (certainly not full) in the Europa League. Before anyone moans this is not a pop at our shall we say newer fans but the likes of me and you FB have seen the really shit times and I'm expecting a few lean seasons and anyone disparaging the FA Cup will soon change their tune when it will probably be our best chance of silverware in the next few seasons.

I think Roman knows he can't compete with Man City and while he's not throwing in the towel he knows we are no longer the only show in town.

12 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Going to be interesting FB next season when which looks pretty likely we will be playing in a half empty ground (certainly not full) in the Europa League. Before anyone moans this is not a pop at our shall we say newer fans but the likes of me and you FB have seen the really shit times and I'm expecting a few lean seasons and anyone disparaging the FA Cup will soon change their tune when it will probably be our best chance of silverware in the next few seasons.

I think Roman knows he can't compete with Man City and while he's not throwing in the towel he knows we are no longer the only show in town.

Yeah difficult to compete with Citehs riches.  I don't think we'll go back to the really lean times that we went through, but the FA Cup might be the best of aspirations in coming seasons. Can see a lot of fans drifting away, but then again you don't really need them if they've that attitude.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

Can just see Fulham playing therre eh!

I am not sure it’s worth renovating the Bridge. Yes there are big games where we could sell out 60k but the capacity is about right with the prices as they are, when we come back from being rootless, with a long mediocre patch, we might not be able to regularly fill a bigger stadium by the time it’s ready. With TV money as it is, any extra made by hospitality etc. on a match day is pocket money in comparison. People don't seem to realise 10-15 points at home are won every season because of the close proximity of the fans.

There is an easier way - just knock down the hotel and make the shed end bigger.

1 minute ago, Fulham Broadway said:

I am not sure it’s worth renovating the Bridge. Yes there are big games where we could sell out 60k but the capacity is about right with the prices as they are, when we come back from being rootless, with a long mediocre patch, we might not be able to regularly fill a bigger stadium by the time it’s ready. With TV money as it is, any extra made by hospitality etc. on a match day is pocket money in comparison. People don't seem to realise 10-15 points at home are won every season because of the close proximity of the fans.

There is an easier way - just knock down the hotel and make the shed end bigger.

I kinda agree mate. OK it might be nice to have a posh new home but right now Id rather get the team sorted out (AND the board). Get back into some sort of stability here we are in the top 4 regular again with a team all gelled up and then do it.