Stamford Bridge Thread

So lower the pitch only?

if the pitch is lowered to below street level ( ala the bernabau )then that is one restriction covered i.e. height of buildings in that area.

All 4 stands will then have to be knocked down unless the architects have come up with an ingenius plan to keep one of them i.e. the west stand and construct beneath it.

Find out next week at the conference/meeting the club are holding what ideas they have in mind.

No one on this site knows for sure and its all speculation meantime

This would look really decent and also a good overall solution. The nearby buildings and lanes would not be impeded + the iconic Stamford Bridge Stands and facade would be retained. Lowering the ground is a common practice when a stadium gets build. Olympiastadion Berlin, Camp Nou, Bernabeu and many more have a lowered pitch. Lets hope there is not a forgotten tube tunnel below. Though I wonder how the stands would evolve given a lowered ground. they are already pretty close to the pitch. where shall the new lower stands fit?

I think you will find they will lower and turn the pitch a degree or 5, the whole stadium as is would be flattened, the only part worth saving is the west and even then id reclad it if that were the case.

Was a White Waller myself. Loved it but, for me, standing ramps up the testosterone levels. Outright hooliganism, racism and other assorted misbehaviour blighted our game for more than two decades and I don't think we are completely out of the woods yet. I'm not especially worried about violence in the ground, I think modern systems could help clubs keep a lid on that, but I am concerned about people returning to the excitable days.

The ugly atmosphere that often surrounded football in the bad old days was horrible to live through and it emptied grounds all over the country. Each and ever one of the measures which were introduced as counter measures were opposed by fan groups and football people but every one has worked well. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

my uncles were part of that which is weird looking at them now lol.Does seem times have moved on.for majority of fans anyway.just depends on what happens now with the safe standing etc.be surprised if is brought in.saying it and doing it different

if the pitch is lowered to below street level ( ala the bernabau )then that is one restriction covered i.e. height of buildings in that area.

All 4 stands will then have to be knocked down unless the architects have come up with an ingenius plan to keep one of them i.e. the west stand and construct beneath it.

Find out next week at the conference/meeting the club are holding what ideas they have in mind.

No one on this site knows for sure and its all speculation meantime

Wasn't there some issue a while back that because the pitch is below the water line of The Thames that it made the grass worse? Think Ken Bates said this was a major issue for drainage.

Could use an artificial pitch or a blend.

Not allowed to use artificial turf I think, shouldn't be an issue with a new build, plenty of ways to sort drainage when your starting a fresh dig deep enough and put in artificial drainage aids to help with that issue, since we started using the weed lamps to help the pitch it's been much much better.

What's this 50k loophole you speak of..?

Wembley has no events limit as long as you shut the upper tier ie reducing capacity to 50k. Then for the biggest games we can schedule it as a major event and have the upper tiers open.

Wembley has no events limit as long as you shut the upper tier ie reducing capacity to 50k. Then for the biggest games we can schedule it as a major event and have the upper tiers open.

Oh mad, didn't know that.

I hope they play at Wembley, just down the road (almost) from me! :lol:

So we will allegedly get 4 different ideas and designs to look at next week over the 4 days.

Hope one of them involves a single tier kop end for home support that could be converted to rail seat standing should things have changed by then

Where are you hearing this Rhino? I'll be amazed and impressed if they can find one design that will give us a 60,000 stadium on the land we have available let alone four. But if you're right a huge single tier home end would be fantastic.