Stamford Bridge Thread

Goddman I love Romans attitude towards the club..he really loves it. I mean, we all know the passion he has for the club.

But this new stadium is just the icing in the cake!! Blows the Emirates out of the water.

I'm a Building Services Engineer and it would be my dream to design the Electrical Services for this stadium.

Goddman I love Romans attitude towards the club..he really loves it. I mean, we all know the passion he has for the club.

But this new stadium is just the icing in the cake!! Blows the Emirates out of the water.

I'm a Building Services Engineer and it would be my dream to design the Electrical Services for this stadium.

I will pass on your details at the next board meeting ;-)

Any more information from anyone who went to the event?

I found a good informative post on another forum:

The height of the new stadium will be the same as the current one; that is to ensure that views from surrounding buildings are not blocked. Apparently a resident has said that their view of Richmond Park will be spoilt if the height of the stadium is increased. Not sure how that will be the case given that Stamford Bridge is the tallest building in the area.

There is a popular spot in Richmond Park where you can see St Paul's cathedral:

SJ953060_942long.jpg

You can see the top of the west stand in there aswell, they don't want to make the ground any taller as it would block the view of St Pauls.

There is a popular spot in Richmond Park where you can see St Paul's cathedral:

SJ953060_942long.jpg

You can see the top of the west stand in there aswell, they don't want to make the ground any taller as it would block the view of St Pauls.

Very cool. Looks like all bases are being covered here. Good to see, especially for Chelsea's sake.

Any more information from anyone who went to the event?

There was a notice at the presentation which stated the average age of Chelsea fans is 50, the oldest of top flight clubs. Hopefully, with the increased capacity there will be an opportunity to reduce prices for youngsters and families.

Yes, yes, yes

It's unbelievably expensive for a guy my age (fyi, 16) to go to a match and even harder to go with mates - the tickets for trains n the tube are about £40 and the ticket itself is £40-50 and then after blowing money on drinks then you're looking at £150. Per person. Which seems expensive to people with jobs, let alone a student.

They said at the consultation that prices will be run similar to what they do at present. ie...there will not be a massive price hike to pay for it and there will be incentives for families and youths as there is nowadays.

Current ST holders would be able to keep a seat position very much in line with what they have now

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2015/7/3/8888429/interesting-scuttlebutt-about-stamford-bridge-expansion

Those "in the know" reckon that capacity will be 65k rather than the 60k originally reported; and the pitch will be widened to meet UEFA regs.

I would have thought the 65k is so that on UEFA nights capacity is above 60k still because sections have to be closed to accomodate TV equipment. Wouldn't know about that kinda thing, though.

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2015/7/3/8888429/interesting-scuttlebutt-about-stamford-bridge-expansion

Those "in the know" reckon that capacity will be 65k rather than the 60k originally reported; and the pitch will be widened to meet UEFA regs.

I would have thought the 65k is so that on UEFA nights capacity is above 60k still because sections have to be closed to accomodate TV equipment. Wouldn't know about that kinda thing, though.

At the consultation it was said pitch will be bigger and will meet the Uefa minimum requirement of 7.5m from pitch.......plus thats why there will be a basement so TV trucks, equipment can go underground.

Also the only way the stadium will be bigger capacity is if rail seating is bought in for standing areas

I.e. if lower tier at both ends are converted. Say they are 3k each, covert to rail seats adds around 12% extra seats and then upto 2 standing for every 1 seat depending which model is used.

So possibilities of 60.6k approx all seated or 67k approx seating and standing