Stamford Bridge Thread

Even if we sign Reus, Bale and Varane this transfer window this news about the stadium and these fantastic pictures will still be the best thing i've heard about this summer.

Gorgeous, unique and iconic. Amazing.

This is awesome!! Hope plans are finalized by January 2016 so the project could begin by fall 2016, which would mean 2016-17 through 2018-19 elsewhere and 2019-20 at the new palace :D

Any potential time lines been discussed?

I liked battersea idea, but Im much more happy with this idea. Iconic and most of all, staying in same place.

And decisions like this is reason why Roman is the best owner ever. He is a blue.

I just didn't like the look of Battersea with the chimney stacks incorporated but, generally speaking, I was in favour of a new site. I felt that was the best way to ensure we could build exactly what we needed and not just a compromised bodge. For example, I love the view from the East Stand but the west stand is a better place to watch from. Now, if I understand the plans correctly, the west is going to be rebuilt with the same rake as the current east stand. That's to say it'll be just as steep*. I know a lot of people don't feel comfortable in the east stand because of that steepness. There are bound to be other compromises too like seat spacing perhaps.

Assuming we get planning permission for these plans, the debate about moving or staying is over so no sense rehashing all of that. If we are to stay, then these proposals look far better than I feared they might. If we can realise them the stadium will be great.

*Somewhere in the back of my mind I have the thought that the rake of the east stand would no longer pass building regs. Can't recall where I might have got that from but, because of that, I was surprised to read that the new west stand would be built along the same lines. Does anyone know more/better?

*Somewhere in the back of my mind I have the thought that the rake of the east stand would no longer pass building regs. Can't recall where I might have got that from but, because of that, I was surprised to read that the new west stand would be built along the same lines. Does anyone know more/better?

The Stadium Green Guide states the following (in section 13.11) "When calculating sightlines it should be noted that the maximum recommended angle of slope for standing accommodation is 25°, compared with 34° for seating." Someone should get their protractor out.

Dont know where to ask, anyone know when the club will start selling tickets for the first PL game in August 8? (against Swansea at home)

Waiting on seeing the fixture changes for TV. Though I hear that'll be Friday.

Normally they sell about 3-4 weeks prior to the game though. So, soon.

Dont know where to ask, anyone know when the club will start selling tickets for the first PL game in August 8? (against Swansea at home)

Waiting on seeing the fixture changes for TV. Though I hear that'll be Friday.

Normally they sell about 3-4 weeks prior to the game though. So, soon.

CFC:

We have not finalised the selling dates for next season yet, please keep an eye on the website in the next few weeks and it will be updated under 'on-sale dates' here.

Where u heard that the tv changes will be out on Friday?

This is awesome!! Hope plans are finalized by January 2016 so the project could begin by fall 2016, which would mean 2016-17 through 2018-19 elsewhere and 2019-20 at the new palace :D

Any potential time lines been discussed?

yes....starting summer 2017 with a 3 year rebuild

CFC:

We have not finalised the selling dates for next season yet, please keep an eye on the website in the next few weeks and it will be updated under 'on-sale dates' here.

Where u heard that the tv changes will be out on Friday?

I don't save links for everything lol ?

Sky released the live games for the Football Leagues on Monday or Tuesday so I'd imagine it'll be at least within the next week. Don't worry.

Changes to dates for the matches in August and September are expected to be announced by 3 July.

:D