The English Football Thread

Steve

It's pretty telling how this is easily the best they've looked this season and still find themselves down 0-2 at home at the half.

Guess I shouldn't rule out these dire sides beating the big teams after what happened to the Mancs yesterday, but unfortunately I think this one's over. :(

Nooo theres still time for a beachball lol

• Replies 65.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Sturridge always had the talent and the body to become a very good striker. He is lightning fast, robust, rarely injured, his left foot is venom and his dribbling skills are superior to almost all our players. Still he would never had a chance here to develop like he did at Pool. He would have been an awesome winger in the ink of Schürrle just much better. If he had been okay to be that winger/inside forward, he could have been awesome here. Now we are stuck with Willian, Schürrle and Moses who are not remotedly as talented as him.

I think Liverpool are trending just like Arsenal and a similar thing will happen soon. They've started brilliantly, but once they get into the meat of the season and the games pile up they'll slow.

Have to say that of all of the "big" sides in the league, Liverpool are the ones I dislike the least. I don't really mind too much seeing them do well.

Well Liverpool don't have much burden from the schedule since they don't have European competitions (bar watching recordings of 2005 final) nor do they have the Capital One Cup, the other teams look really good this season (Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs) and incidentally both Manchester clubs r struggling. Moreover, last season Van Persie single handedly guided United through tough times, maybe Ramsey and Ozil could do the same. That's the funny bit about sports. You never know what to expect.

Will it be a Merseyside and London title race? If it is. Then we SHOULD win the League.

I almost cried then. I thought i was gonna break the TV set when JT slipped.

Manures not only were lucky over the years, but their fans are the most despicable cunts around.

When I read about their demise of these days, I just keep jumping with a joy.

I never even saw the slip.I only saw it at Chelsea when went to see a game there.They played the most random montage of what seemed to be out shite moments and that was there.Didnt realise that VDS went the wrong way and it would've gone in had he not slipped and just ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!Glad we made up for it :D

Their fans and Liverpool it seems,seem to think they have a god given right to win every trophy and something wrong when they dont..erm noooo

I saw our game only. After that I wasn't at home. I heard last 10 mins of Arsenal's game on radio. The games must have been good though.

Just saw MOTD. 3 defensive errors lost City a game they should have won and United relying on a 18 year old Januzaj to create all their chances. Just shows how many levels below the other big teams they are.Gnabry looks like a good player. Are Arsenal going to challenge for the title of the 1st time in 9 years?

The Manchester clubs can use Ramsey's goals as an excuse for not winning.........

If I may, Arsenal will face one of the top teams soon, gets clobbered & that´s all she wrote, I believe. Just falling by the way side.

Every year, there are teams that start well & Arsenal is one of them now.

I never even saw the slip.I only saw it at Chelsea when went to see a game there.They played the most random montage of what seemed to be out shite moments and that was there.Didnt realise that VDS went the wrong way and it would've gone in had he not slipped and just ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!Glad we made up for it :D

Their fans and Liverpool it seems,seem to think they have a god given right to win every trophy and something wrong when they dont..erm noooo

Arsenal,Liverpoops & manures were teams that won before Roman came by. Suddenly, the tide had changed. Liverpool nowhere, Arsens nowhere & soon Manures will follow.

Well Liverpool don't have much burden from the schedule since they don't have European competitions (bar watching recordings of 2005 final) nor do they have the Capital One Cup, the other teams look really good this season (Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs) and incidentally both Manchester clubs r struggling. Moreover, last season Van Persie single handedly guided United through tough times, maybe Ramsey and Ozil could do the same. That's the funny bit about sports. You never know what to expect.

Will it be a Merseyside and London title race? If it is. Then we SHOULD win the League.

They didn't have the European distractions under Kenny and look what happened.

Im surprised that the general consensus is that Liverpool will finish above Everton, it's forgotten that Everton have been the numero uno in Merseyside for the last two season's.

Im surprised that the general consensus is that Liverpool will finish above Everton, it's forgotten that Everton have been the numero uno in Merseyside for the last two season's.

The top dogs at Mersyside are definitely changing this season. Atleast 3 places between them this season...4 and 7, perhaps.

Every season when they've gone out of Europa hasnt made a difference to them.I hope Everton finish above...sadly can see them having a 4th place this year..'back where we belong' bollocks to be spouted and urghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh