The English Football Thread

Steve

Why criticize the manager when the board bought Torres & wanted him to be played ?

You don't understand, I'm telling there was pressure to get the best out of Torres hence he was played - you can't seriously tell me managers rated him higher as a striker.

Torres was playing because we cannot bench or sell him which is the board's fault.

So you lot were against it when we signed Torres? When Carlo asked for Torres and the board obliged. You knew it would drive Sturridge out the team right?

• Replies 65.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Liverpool play well, but they will still drop a shit load of points, the other team seems to be able to always inflict damage on them. They are still a young inexperienced team, I can't see them getting top 4 this season, I would say 6th place.

agreed.

Should have put this game to bed long time ago, for me they need to sure up the CB position, Toure and Agger is just not good enough.

Am I the only one who doesn't see what all the fuss about Coutinho is? Sure, he's very good on the ball and has an eye for a pass, but he often over-dribbles, can't defend and his work-rate is terrible. He leaves his fullback complete exposed and it gets exploited by opposition. In the first half, 53% of Stoke's attacks came from the right, Coutinho's side, while only 18% came from the left.

I went on that forum Cap is on last week, and all the Liverpool fans have a huge appreciation thread for him. They claim he is going to be one of the best premier league players ever, not to mention they are constantly comparing him with Oscar saying he's done a lot more than Oscar has.

Most of Liverpools players are just luxurious players, they constantly overdo things, they make look flashy, but when it comes to results they certainly aren't getting enough points.

So you lot were against it when we signed Torres? When Carlo asked for Torres and the board obliged. You knew it would drive Sturridge out the team right?

Now, I see you twisted the story a bit. No one was against signing Torres.

Did anyone know Torres would become the most expensive dud in PL ? Of course not.