The English Football Thread

Steve

I would like your post, but Peace already beat me to it.

The discussion was actually pretty good, it was entertaining, it's not like it was getting out of hand. About time we have a good argument on this forum without someone getting banned or suspended.

Good argument? :lol: Tell me you're just trolling Kojo..

• Replies 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Good argument? :lol: Tell me you're just trolling Kojo..

How many people have been banned this year? about 200, some for no reason at all.

I actually understand where Terminator X was coming from now those months back, it's silly how you can't even have an argument these days without getting a slap round the wrists. I understand no name calling, but the standards are so high now that almost anything is offensive to anybody. I just don't get the point in it and It's ruined a lot of discussions.

No I'm not trolling.

How many people have been banned this year? about 200, some for no reason at all.

Let's not overexaggerate things here. Those members that got banned were banned for good reasons. In fact, we even tried to give some leeway at times and pretend nothing happen. We gave them chances to still be around but if they still can't control themselves and go over the line, then that's too bad for them.

I actually understand where Terminator X was coming from now those months back, it's silly how you can't even have an argument these days without getting a slap round the wrists. I understand no name calling, but the standards are so high now that almost anything is offensive to anybody. I just don't get the point in it and It's ruined a lot of discussions.

No I'm not trolling.

Nothing wrong with having arguments and there's definitely no escaping that sometimes we'll get trivial or nonsensical arguments going about. And please, don't make it sound like the staffs here are all dictators and get picky very easily. We allow that sometimes but if it gets out of hand, then no doubt we'll do what is necessary depending on the situation. In THAT 'argument' earlier, there was nothing offensive or insulting about this, just the silly repetition of the same things being said for 7 pages(!) and it had probably chased 2 members off. Also, if you actually noticed, when I commented on that 'argument' earlier, it had already stopped for some time before I supposedly came in to ruin it...

Let's not overexaggerate things here. Those members that got banned were banned for good reasons. In fact, we even tried to give some leeway at times and pretend nothing happen. We gave them chances to still be around but if they still can't control themselves and go over the line, then that's too bad for them.

Nothing wrong with having arguments and there's definitely no escaping that sometimes we'll get trivial or nonsensical arguments going about. And please, don't make it sound like the staffs here are all dictators and get picky very easily. We allow that sometimes but if it gets out of hand, then no doubt we'll do what is necessary depending on the situation. In THAT 'argument' earlier, there was nothing offensive or insulting about this, just the silly repetition of the same things being said for 7 pages(!) and it had probably chased 2 members off. Also, if you actually noticed, when I commented on that 'argument' earlier, it had already stopped for some time before I supposedly came in to ruin it...

I never said you ruined it, I know it stopped, I just told you there is nothing wrong with it.

But you need to get this out of your head that it's chasing members away. People aren't as snobby as you think, if anything it attracts members, people love to see that action, cars exploding, guns blazing, ninjas, and all that chuck norris stuff... Just kidding but yeah. I thought the likes of Rupert was banned unfairly, when even though he was stuck up rafas and Torres's arse, he never once broke the rules, he never derailed, he never insulted, he always stuck to the rules.

And fair enough I don't expect you to reply now, but I just want to get that message out, as I think we need to just calm down a bit more and just let the fights begin.

This.

And I'm getting annoyed?! LOL I have far more important things to think about than getting annoyed over such trivial matters. And really, yes Nish has his own opinion about Man Utd and he made it known but to keep going on and on and on about it is absolutely nonsensical when he's just going around the bush and saying the same things. In fact, 2 decent members, even though they are different club supporters, have probably been chased away from this forum for no good reason.

Me setting a bad example as an admin?! LOL! Don't know whether I should cry or laugh at that statement. Obviously forum is all about discussion and we all welcome that but as I said, the part where it gets nonsense when you keep on repeating the same old thing about your hatred towards Man United over and over again without really contributing any meaningful to this so called 'discussion' you are talking about.

I gave many facts.

I never said you ruined it, I know it stopped, I just told you there is nothing wrong with it.

But you need to get this out of your head that it's chasing members away. People aren't as snobby as you think, if anything it attracts members, people love to see that action, cars exploding, guns blazing, ninjas, and all that chuck norris stuff... Just kidding but yeah. I thought the likes of Rupert was banned unfairly, when even though he was stuck up rafas and Torres's arse, he never once broke the rules, he never derailed, he never insulted, he always stuck to the rules.

Not all arguments chase people off but it's these petty and trivial ones with repetitive bickering hatred that may. And the rest above is just :lol:...

And fair enough I don't expect you to reply now, but I just want to get that message out, as I think we need to just calm down a bit more and just let the fights begin.

:lol:

This.

And I'm getting annoyed?! LOL I have far more important things to think about than getting annoyed over such trivial matters. And really, yes Nish has his own opinion about Man Utd and he made it known but to keep going on and on and on about it is absolutely nonsensical when he's just going around the bush and saying the same things. In fact, 2 decent members, even though they are different club supporters, have probably been chased away from this forum for no good reason.

Me setting a bad example as an admin?! LOL! Don't know whether I should cry or laugh at that statement. Obviously forum is all about discussion and we all welcome that but as I said, the part where it gets nonsense when you keep on repeating the same old thing about your hatred towards Man United over and over again without really contributing any meaningful to this so called 'discussion' you are talking about.

Ok maybe I shouldn't have said the bad example thing. But to say that I haven't contributed anything meaningful is stupid. From what I remember all people were doing here was insult us as bushman pointed out:

Why do you think any of us are hostile to him ?

Have I said anything derogatory to him ? No, I have not. Meanwhile, he posted & ridiculed me yesterday. Wake up. This is Chelsea´s forum. We should be able to post what we feel about manures. if you do not like, don´t read it. The last fucking thing we need here is someone like you preaching here what any of us should post here. These matters are up to the mods. If they feel I went overboard, let them say so. Meanwhile, keep on trucking.

From what I remember all Cicerco and Jay C and the rest posted were things like "you are mad", "you are stupid", "how can there possibly be corruption in the PL", "Corruption in PL, No way". If you find these claims which are supported by nothing more 'meaningful' then what I said, then you seriously shouldn't be a judge cos you might put the wrong person in jail.

As a matter of fact I posted two very meaningful posts with facts, pictures and videos about Man United:

http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/98-the-english-football-thread/?p=737906

http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/98-the-english-football-thread/?p=737913

If my posts were so 'meaningless' then why did they receive likes? As a matter of fact, the 'other posts' were more meaningless. Most of them were as I said nonsense like: "There cannot be corruption" or "You are stupid". I find these posts more stupid and they are made even more stupid because there was no reason behind these claims.

People have been praising Cicerco so much but WHS made this awesome post

Cicero <3 Manchester United

Your original post was that you had to read through 7 pages of nonsense about United. If you have problem, don't read it. Simple. Also if you noticed we stopped arguing about Man United a while back. Dunno why you just posted that. It's like starting the whole argument again.

What are you even doing here? All you're doing is starting arguments in every thread and I've seen you call people names at least 3 times now. And that's in the Wayne Rooney thread alone. Just go back to redcafe or something eh?
Really? How old are you? I think you'll also find I suggested someone was a cunt, for trying to wind me up. Get it right, yeah. I'm a decent guy until you rub me the wrong way. You're beginning to do that. I won't respond with all guns blazing though and make a fool of myself - I'll simply dodge your bullets and proceed to laugh at you.
I never said you ruined it, I know it stopped, I just told you there is nothing wrong with it. But you need to get this out of your head that it's chasing members away. People aren't as snobby as you think, if anything it attracts members, people love to see that action, cars exploding, guns blazing, ninjas, and all that chuck norris stuff... Just kidding but yeah. I thought the likes of Rupert was banned unfairly, when even though he was stuck up rafas and Torres's arse, he never once broke the rules, he never derailed, he never insulted, he always stuck to the rules. And fair enough I don't expect you to reply now, but I just want to get that message out, as I think we need to just calm down a bit more and just let the fights begin.
What is this all about then? Contradictory of the first quote I posted here. Now you want to see arguments? Are you even sure who you are? You best check son 'cause I'm worried your a schizophrenic.
In regards to this quote - You're really not capable of chasing anybody away, to be honest. Do you think I'd let some arrogant, self-involved, poor football fan chase me off? No. As long as I feel welcome I will post here. You seem to think a few pages back I was angry? I don't do angry - it's a waste of my energy. I gave a completely calm response to what you said.
You also ask people not to call your posts garbage....
You signed up 6 days ago, give it a rest kid.
Really? How old are you? Since when did a sign up day affect a members posting? Time spent here clearly hasn't improved your posting.
The only world class player in your team is Van Persie. Tom Cleverly and Danny Welbeck? Hahahahahahahahaha
This really adds to the conversation and lets me know you truly do understand football.
Michael Carrick world class? After one decent season are you kidding me? he's a passenger most of the time, he's certainly no Steven Gerrard, Paul Scholes or Frank Lampard. Vidic is a class centre back, but he's always injured, so he doesn't count.
Lmao. Another quality post by kojo. Joined september 2010 - still dumb as fuck 2013.
You joined less than a week ago and have over 100 posts, don't be calling my posts garbage when you've only just joined up on this forum.
Oh wait, so I'm fine after a week to post good stuff? Cheers.
Garbage posts, by you? Never.
I really don't need to say much, the qoutes speak for themselves.
Edited by JayC

Ok maybe I shouldn't have said the bad example thing. But to say that I haven't contributed anything meaningful is stupid. From what I remember all people were doing here was insult us as bushman pointed out:

From what I remember all Cicerco and Jay C and the rest posted were things like "you are mad", "you are stupid", "how can there possibly be corruption in the PL", "Corruption in PL, No way". If you find these claims which are supported by nothing more 'meaningful' then what I said, then you seriously shouldn't be a judge cos you might put the wrong person in jail.

As a matter of fact I posted two very meaningful posts with facts, pictures and videos about Man United:

http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/98-the-english-football-thread/?p=737906

http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/98-the-english-football-thread/?p=737913

If my posts were so 'meaningless' then why did they receive likes? As a matter of fact, the 'other posts' were more meaningless. Most of them were as I said nonsense like: "There cannot be corruption" or "You are stupid". I find these posts more stupid and they are made even more stupid because there was no reason behind these claims.

People have been praising Cicerco so much but WHS made this awesome post

Erm, people liking a post doesn't always mean it's meaningful. You have people liking lots of posts in the Pub every single day but are they all meaningful at all? No. Most are just funny and silly stuff that people likes. It's a similar thing with yours. As I said earlier, there was nothing wrong what you said but it just gets repetitive and then annoying.

Your original post was that you had to read through 7 pages of nonsense about United. If you have problem, don't read it. Simple. Also if you noticed we stopped arguing about Man United a while back. Dunno why you just posted that. It's like starting the whole argument again.

Well, I was just curious to see what it's all about and making sure nothing went completely out of hand. And yes, I did notice the argument had stopped but I only posted my opinion about it and didn't even look to start the whole thing again. If anything, it's those that replied to it that did. :rolleyes:

Erm, people liking a post doesn't always mean it's meaningful. You have people liking lots of posts in the Pub every single day but are they all meaningful at all? No. Most are just funny and silly stuff that people likes. It's a similar thing with yours. As I said earlier, there was nothing wrong what you said but it just gets repetitive and then annoying.

Well, I was just curious to see what it's all about and making sure nothing went completely out of hand. And yes, I did notice the argument had stopped but I only posted my opinion about it and didn't even look to start the whole thing again. If anything, it's those that replied to it that did. :rolleyes:

No need to get cheeky. I think I've made my point several times too. If anybody talks about it ofc I'll reply.

It might be annoying and repetitive for you but for some people here it's informative.

No need to get cheeky. I think I've made my point several times too. If anybody talks about it ofc I'll reply.

It might be annoying and repetitive for you but for some people here it's informative.

It might be informative on first two times but after that it's just annoying. That's the point.

May i know why can't i embed the youtube video here. I mean i can post the link but it does not come out as it used too but works fine for others. What am i doing wrong? @

The missing http part seems to be the problem I guess. When I edited your video post and included the link with that, it worked as it's supposed to.

That is unless Choulo's tweaking have messed things up a little. (see the Feedback/Bugs thread).