The English Football Thread

Steve

Manchester United are preparing to announce massive news either tomorrow or this week. Telegraph claiming it's Ferguson retiring

Mark Odgen of The Telegraph claims Sir Alex Ferguson will make a statement ahead of Sunday’s clash with Swansea at Old Trafford -W.

"Various United officials have been told to prepare for interviews. Major networks have cleared air time" -@RWhittall

Wigan chairman Dave Whelan revealed last year that the end of this season Sir Alex Ferguson will retire. Interesting. -W.

bollocks probably

• Replies 65.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Wouldn't surprise me, Fergies reign will come to an end, their squad is so average it's unbelievable.

This can't keep going on, us and City will be challenging, we are getting stronger, he will not be able to keep this up for much longer.

He can retire now and have the glory of winning the title and that being that, or he could have another few seasons and be dissapointing (or might win another or 2, who knows).

He is retiring every single end of season. I bet he will want to hire a new manager and teach him for a year before actually leaving...

There are rumours today saying Fergie wants to appoint David Moyes as his assistant coach.

Not sure why Moyes would suddenly want to become an assistant though.

There are rumours today saying Fergie wants to appoint David Moyes as his assistant coach.

Yeah, it doesn't make sense.

Moyes makes a mint at Everton and has complete control. Why sit and play second fiddle for a year when he can be earning boat loads of cash elsewhere and be the main guy?

If I were Moyes I would totally go to be Fergie's assistant for a year or two. I mean, what is there to lose?

It is not like he will do any better with Everton than he already has (they wont win a trophy and they wont finish top4). However, with Manure, he will be able to learn from SAF and challenge for titles. Also, he will have no pressure at all, because nobody will be expecting him to be as successful as they once were and he will have a 4-5 year excuse to use due to Fergie's late first title...

If it would mean him being nailed on to be the next manager after Ferguson retires, he could think it's worth it. No way he's getting a top managerial job in England after this season so his options would pretty much be to either sign a new contract at Everton or accept a good assistant role at Manchester United for two years tops and then taking over as number one.

Just hope they don't suddenly try to hijack Mourinho. :cry:

If it would mean him being nailed on to be the next manager after Ferguson retires, he could think it's worth it. No way he's getting a top managerial job in England after this season so his options would pretty much be to either sign a new contract at Everton or accept a good assistant role at Manchester United for two years tops and then taking over as number one.

Just hope they don't suddenly try to hijack Mourinho. :cry:

I Hope Mou is Smart enough to go only to chelsea.

If I were Moyes I would totally go to be Fergie's assistant for a year or two. I mean, what is there to lose?

It is not like he will do any better with Everton than he already has (they wont win a trophy and they wont finish top4). However, with Manure, he will be able to learn from SAF and challenge for titles. Also, he will have no pressure at all, because nobody will be expecting him to be as successful as they once were and he will have a 4-5 year excuse to use due to Fergie's late first title...

True. Can see where you're coming from but it would seem rather difficult for Moyes to start doing that suddenly when he's been so comfortable at being manager for years now.

Just to add in too, he has previously mentioned his liking for the Bundesliga and given Schalke have a vacancy at the end of the season, he might consider going there.

Sir Alex Ferguson's future as Manchester United manager in doubt

• Club stay silent on rumours over manager's future
• Scot booked in for hip operation this summer

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/07/sir-alex-ferguson-manchester-united?CMP=twt_gu

Herr transplant: Wayne Rooney confides he wants to leave Manchester United for Bayern Munich

German champions are understood to be close to sealing a £30 million deal for Old Trafford's former golden boy

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-transfers-wayne-rooney-1874722

True. Can see where you're coming from but it would seem rather difficult for Moyes to start doing that suddenly when he's been so comfortable at being manager for years now.

Just to add in too, he has previously mentioned his liking for the Bundesliga and given Schalke have a vacancy at the end of the season, he might consider going there.

Might be a good option for him, but Schalke is not in the best of situations right now (specially with their biggest rivals close to winning their third UCL)...

Anyways, whatever team he chooses (including Everton), it is not like I care much tbh!

Might be a good option for him, but Schalke is not in the best of situations right now (specially with their biggest rivals close to winning their third UCL)...

Anyways, whatever team he chooses (including Everton), it is not like I care much tbh!

Erm, we might go get and appoint Moyes as our next manager... :ph34r:

Erm, we might go get and appoint Moyes as our next manager... :ph34r:

hopefully Moyes stays at Everton.

His record against the stronger EPL sides is fairly poor and he's got no experience for UCL football.

Moyes would probably end up like Hughes (at City) if he joined Chelsea...he'd suddenly have a massive amount to spend, wouldn't know what to do...he'd be overwhelmed.