• Replies 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

We now pray for ourselves to handle business and for the Leicester collapse to continue. 

Our boys have to summon a couple of Herculean efforts against Liverpool and Wolves and hope like hell that we catch them out of sorts. 

4 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

the shit is, if we only get 6 points out of the last 3 games, utd and leicester can play out a 0-0 and both leapfrog us. that however is super hypothetical as idoubt they will pick up the same number of points till then.

yes, we SOOOOOOOO need to hope SU and Mou (gag) can smash those foxy fucks

and Wolves drop points

Is Maddison done for the season? If so I think they could legit lose all 3. Sheff United and Spuds are so inconsistent that you never know which side will show up, but I could easily see Leicester losing to both of those. And then it's United on the last day which, if it still means anything by then, you'd back United to win.

31 minutes ago, Jason said:

5 teams from the same country can qualify for the Champions League. 

well, they (or Wolves) would have to win the EL and NOT finish in the top 4 in the league

which is possible but certainly not in the bag

the 7 best teams still left are

Inter

Manure

Wolves

Sevilla

Roma

Leverkusen

Shakhtar (don't laugh they have won it before, with Willian and Fernandinho, and one of the best-named fullbacks ever, LB Razvan Rat lolol, who actually played for West Ham 6 years ago, and 500 games overall)

1 hour ago, kellzfresh said:

We just need two wins from the last three games. 

not if Leicester win their next 2

if we get 6 points out of the 3 games we are at 66

Leicester, if they beat both SU and Spuds will be on 65

if we lose to wolves on the last day (or beat them but lose to Liverpool), Leicester goes to the CL with a draw (based on on GD) or a win versus manure (again if they win the next two games)

even if we draw with Wolves or Victimpool  and win the other two games (so we would be at 67) Leicester goes to the CL if they beat Manure (they would have 68 points) after winning the next two

but even if they draw one and win one (so they are at 63 points) and then beat Manure, we crash out unless we win 2 and draw one.

beating Norwich and wolves or Liverpool, but losing to the other leaves us wide open to getting fucked by Leicester, as does even a draw and 2 wins by us if they win all three

Leicester's next two games are MASSIVE for us, we need them to LOSE one of them, or draw both, then 2 wins by us and we are 100% CL bound

finally, in theory, even Wolves could catch us, IF they win out  (they play shit Burnley and shit Crystal Palace) and we only get 1 win or a draw and win (and the loss is to them)

if we only beat Norwich and lose to the dippers and Wolves, we are on 63 points, wolves, IF they win out, will have 64

and I explain another way in the next post we get fucked by Wolves even with a win v Norwich and a draw v the Dippers

and to realllly fuck us, even if Leicester collapses, and we win against Norwich, DRAW against Liverpool (so go into the Wolves game on 64) if they (Wolves) beat us (and win against those other two shit teams) they STILL could crash us out (hello GD nightmare, as they are only 3 back of us)

let me explain that last scenario better

we are +3 GD on Wolves and on 60

so lets say the next games are

Chels 3 Norwich 1 BUT wolves beat beat Burnley by the same 2 goals

we are now still +3 GD over them

BUT then we draw against the dippers and they beat Palace by 2 goals

now we are only +1

then they beat us by one goal

so our GD goes down by one AND theirs goes UP by one, thus a net loss of 2

they go through over us on GD

IF we are level on 64 with Wolves and level on GD, WE go through (more goals scored overall, we are +15)

BUT even if we come into the game +2 (or even +3)

and they beat us by 2 or more, we still crash out as that is a net loss (we go down in GD by 2, they go up by 2) of FOUR to them in GD

Everton, Palace, Newcastle and Southampton are only 4 teams that have nothing to play for. Ok you can add Norwich and City now there.

So did not see this coming.

Anyway, I am greedy. Not only that I want us to finish top4 I also want Leicester to finish above UTD. 

Not likely tho...

They would need to win one of the next two games to be in position to decide everything in the last round at home. 

Leicester have better goal difference than UTD.

So if Leicester just win two home games against SU and UTD they would finish above UTD.

10 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Everton, Palace, Newcastle and Southampton are only 4 teams that have nothing to play for. Ok you can add Norwich and City now there.

So did not see this coming.

Anyway, I am greedy. Not only that I want us to finish top4 I also want Leicester to finish above UTD. 

Not likely tho...

They would need to win one of the next two games to be in position to decide everything in the last round at home. 

Leicester have better goal difference than UTD.

So if Leicester just win two home games against SU and UTD they would finish above UTD.

I don't really buy this nothing to play for thing.

Yeah there's some cases where a team/manager jacks it in after 40 points is secured (Tony Pulis for example) but in general i think more unexpected results happen once the pressures off teams. Brighton vs Arsenal and Huddersfield and Cardiff vs United examples from the back end of last season alone.