The English Football Thread

Steve

1 hour ago, Atomiswave said:

Are you serious? So they got away with one after ridiculous calls after ridiculous calls wich we all can agree was utter BS and all is cool suddenly? This league is bent as fuck, footy is bent as fuck in general. Im stunned we stil have folks that outright deny this when the evidence is right in your face.

Referee's are incompetent, every set of fans seem to have these ridiculous ideas that they're biased towards certain teams.

Remember when we had favrouble decisions go our way at home Vs United in 09/10? A season we went on to win the league by one point!

• Replies 65.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

2 hours ago, Strike said:

The Akinfenwa interview is one of the best interviews of our times.

https://twitter.com/footballdaily/status/1282776771067346954?s=20

I never got the hype around him. I get that he is basically a bodybuilder playing football and not too shabby at that  for his disadvantageous body proportions. But he will be way out of his depth in Championship. I remember in a friendly vs us when he was completely and effortlessly Bossed by MvG. 

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Referee's are incompetent, every set of fans seem to have these ridiculous ideas that they're biased towards certain teams.

Remember when we had favrouble decisions go our way at home Vs United in 09/10? A season we went on to win the league by one point!

So if the refs are incompetent why are they still there after years of bollocks? Now they have VAR and they have gotten worse. No I dont buy that, there has been too many way too blatant decisions going to certain clubs. So we scored an offside goal that the linesman didnt see, thats nothing comapred to all the shit we have been through. One look at udt through the years and one look at liverpool this season is all you need really. Or how about 13-14 season where we got destroyed, or 14-15 where we couldnt buy a pen no matter what? Sorry mate but footy is bent and we witness it every game practically. I simply dont buy the incompetent mantra no more. Footy will not flow naturally unless they do this:

VAR will not reduce matchfixing without: 1) managerial reviews of decisions (as in tennis & cricket) & 2) referee & VAR on open microphone so we can hear how the decision is reached (as in rugby & cricket). Otherwise it is a scam - an attempt to validate the corruption.

1 hour ago, Atomiswave said:

So if the refs are incompetent why are they still there after years of bollocks? Now they have VAR and they have gotten worse. No I dont buy that, there has been too many way too blatant decisions going to certain clubs. So we scored an offside goal that the linesman didnt see, thats nothing comapred to all the shit we have been through. One look at udt through the years and one look at liverpool this season is all you need really. Or how about 13-14 season where we got destroyed, or 14-15 where we couldnt buy a pen no matter what? Sorry mate but footy is bent and we witness it every game practically. I simply dont buy the incompetent mantra no more. Footy will not flow naturally unless they do this:

VAR will not reduce matchfixing without: 1) managerial reviews of decisions (as in tennis & cricket) & 2) referee & VAR on open microphone so we can hear how the decision is reached (as in rugby & cricket). Otherwise it is a scam - an attempt to validate the corruption.

Or what about 11-12 when Ashley Cole handballed at the Camp Nou? Decisions that are given most of the time and one we got in our favour in one of the previous round against Napoli, or like I said in 09/10 when debatable decisions Vs United at SB? (Terry avoiding a red and a penalty concession then going to score the winner from a free kick that shouldn't have been awarded) what about the Cardiff game last season? What about the City game in Conte's title season where Luiz avoided a blatant red for hacking down Aguero who was clean through? We went onto win that match which was seen by many as the major momentum changer in our favour. You mention 13-14, I'm guessing you're referring to the Sunderland game? yeah that was a shit decision but so was the awarded penalty that saved us from losing at home to WBA six months earlier, or the penalty we dodged at The Emirates near Christmas time.

I don't argue the refs on the whole are pretty shit but that's just it, shit, this isn't some elaborate conspiracy to help United and if it is, they've done a pretty bad job of it the last few years.

18 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Or what about 11-12 when Ashley Cole handballed at the Camp Nou? Decisions that are given most of the time and one we got in our favour in one of the previous round against Napoli, or like I said in 09/10 when debatable decisions Vs United at SB? (Terry avoiding a red and a penalty concession then going to score the winner from a free kick that shouldn't have been awarded) what about the Cardiff game last season? What about the City game in Conte's title season where Luiz avoided a blatant red for hacking down Aguero who was clean through? We went onto win that match which was seen by many as the major momentum changer in our favour. You mention 13-14, I'm guessing you're referring to the Sunderland game? yeah that was a shit decision but so was the awarded penalty that saved us from losing at home to WBA six months earlier, or the penalty we dodged at The Emirates near Christmas time.

I don't argue the refs on the whole are pretty shit but that's just it, shit, this isn't some elaborate conspiracy to help United and if it is, they've done a pretty bad job of it the last few years.

For everyone you mention I can mention an army of them. So you only mention the sunderland game that season? Did you see what they they did in AV? Have you seen the shit scudomor said, its blatant. I just dont buy that they shit....to you it may look like they are just shit, to me the game is rigged and certain outcome are helped by them. Im willing to bet my life the game is rigged in epl, thats how obvious I see it....you as a footy fan please explain how fernandes got that pen the other day, a logical one. We will just have to agree to disagree no problem, cheers.

16 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

you as a footy fan please explain how fernandes got that pen the other day, a logical one. 

I don't know, just like I don't know how the hell Romeu escaped a red card last night.

26 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I don't know, just like I don't know how the hell Romeu escaped a red card last night.

That could have gone either way, yes it looked bad in slowmo but it wasnt a stonewall red for me, though we have seen them given. That fernandes pen though, that was some other worldy shit right there.....we got to question how so called pro's with expensive new toys came to the conclusion that was a pen. Anyway good luck to us all for tonights game :tiphat:

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

Tomo, you are right Romeu should have been shown a red last night but this does not excuse the endless bullshit decisions that have gone Uniteds way. Soo many that it's hard not to feel there is not only bias towards United but a genuine attempt to gain them points. It really is hard not to believe that bro.

The PT Barnum of England’s financially dubious football circus

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jul/14/the-pt-barnum-of-englands-financially-dubious-football-circus

THROW THOSE CIRCUS DOORS WIDE

“I truly believe FFP is gone. I think it’s better to open the circus door and let everybody enjoy,” said José Mourinho today, as football came to terms with the court of arbitration for sport’s verdict in the Manchester City case.Just to recap, the verdict was that Uefa were totally wrong to punish City for fibbing about the source of some of their enormous wealth, and then hindering and delaying the ensuing investigation into it. This appears to be because they were so effective at hindering and delaying that by the time the investigation really got going, the five-year statute of limitations on the whole fibbing business had passed, leaving them unpunishable for anything except hindering and delaying, which isn’t a particularly serious thing. Hence the frivolous final punishment of £9m and some expensive legal bills.

Mourinho, of course, is the PT Barnum of England’s financially dubious football circus, having successfully turned the suspiciously large percentage of Russia’s natural oil wealth that ended up in the hands of Roman Abramovich into a group of high-class, league-winning lion-tamers, unicyclists, trapeze artists and performing seals, thus kickstarting the whole global squillionaire glory-seeking club ownership thing. Now, though, he’s in charge of hard-up Tottenham, a team constructed entirely out of sow’s ears and shoelaces, and thinks that kind of behaviour is simply terrible.

“I am happy with the way we think here,” he said. “And for me that’s just it. I think it’s going to be the end of FFP, because there is no point. And I repeat, and it’s the only thing I repeat because it’s clear in my mind: if City is not guilty, the decision is a disgrace. If City is guilty the decision is also a disgrace.” This is a slightly confusing position to take, but a convenient one for a controversy magnet like Mourinho – as it meant he was going to be able to call something a disgrace whatever happened.

Elsewhere, Pep Guardiola called Monday’s verdict “a good day for football,” while Jürgen Klopp said: “I don’t think it was a good day for football yesterday.” Klopp wants FFP to survive because it helps the Champions League, and “if … the richest people or countries can do whatever they want in football, that would make the competition really difficult”. This is not mere speculation on his part, because Liverpool have indeed found the process of winning the domestic title in England, where the richest people or countries can do whatever they want in football, really difficult.

Guardiola meanwhile insisted City should be issued with an apology. “I’m incredibly happy for the decision, which shows what all the people said about the club was not true,” he said. “If we did something wrong, we will accept the decision. But we have the right to defend ourselves when we believe what we have done is correct. Three independent judges said this.”

Woah there, Pep. The full decision has not yet been published, and what we have heard from Cas so far is that “most of the alleged breaches were either not established or time-barred”. So at least some of the alleged breaches must have been established, but not punishable because of the time-barring thing. This is not what innocence looks like, Pep. It is what a loophole looks like.

Clive Tyldesley 'upset' at losing top ITV football commentator role

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-53404899

Clive Tyldesley has said he is "upset, annoyed" and "baffled" to lose his post as ITV's lead football commentator, saying: "I do not know why this decision has been taken."

Tyldesley, who has voiced ITV's biggest matches for 22 years, is to be replaced from the start of next season by TalkSport's Sam Matterface.

ITV thanked Tyldesley for his "superb work", saying he will still commentate "particularly at major tournaments".

Tyldesley said he had not stepped down.

"I was told about three weeks ago so I have had some time to get my head around the decision, but I haven't got my head around it. To be clear, it is ITV's decision not mine," he said.

"I'm upset, annoyed, baffled... I would have been entrusted with commentating the Euro 2020 final... but now I won't be commentating on any of the big England games in the coming year and I'm going to miss them, I love this job, and it's gone," he said.

"Why? I don't know, I do not know exactly why this decision has been taken... I've got no health issues... I've done nothing wrong... Like everyone else in football I'm a matter of opinion, I totally get that.

"I totally respect ITV's right to change their opinion of me, ITV have been really good for me and yes I'll carry on as their number two commentator but let me make it quite clear, I have not stepped down, I have been moved aside. I've not even thought about winding down about retirement.

snip

20 minutes ago, Vesper said:

The PT Barnum of England’s financially dubious football circus

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jul/14/the-pt-barnum-of-englands-financially-dubious-football-circus

THROW THOSE CIRCUS DOORS WIDE

“I truly believe FFP is gone. I think it’s better to open the circus door and let everybody enjoy,” said José Mourinho today, as football came to terms with the court of arbitration for sport’s verdict in the Manchester City case.Just to recap, the verdict was that Uefa were totally wrong to punish City for fibbing about the source of some of their enormous wealth, and then hindering and delaying the ensuing investigation into it. This appears to be because they were so effective at hindering and delaying that by the time the investigation really got going, the five-year statute of limitations on the whole fibbing business had passed, leaving them unpunishable for anything except hindering and delaying, which isn’t a particularly serious thing. Hence the frivolous final punishment of £9m and some expensive legal bills.

Mourinho, of course, is the PT Barnum of England’s financially dubious football circus, having successfully turned the suspiciously large percentage of Russia’s natural oil wealth that ended up in the hands of Roman Abramovich into a group of high-class, league-winning lion-tamers, unicyclists, trapeze artists and performing seals, thus kickstarting the whole global squillionaire glory-seeking club ownership thing. Now, though, he’s in charge of hard-up Tottenham, a team constructed entirely out of sow’s ears and shoelaces, and thinks that kind of behaviour is simply terrible.

“I am happy with the way we think here,” he said. “And for me that’s just it. I think it’s going to be the end of FFP, because there is no point. And I repeat, and it’s the only thing I repeat because it’s clear in my mind: if City is not guilty, the decision is a disgrace. If City is guilty the decision is also a disgrace.” This is a slightly confusing position to take, but a convenient one for a controversy magnet like Mourinho – as it meant he was going to be able to call something a disgrace whatever happened.

Elsewhere, Pep Guardiola called Monday’s verdict “a good day for football,” while Jürgen Klopp said: “I don’t think it was a good day for football yesterday.” Klopp wants FFP to survive because it helps the Champions League, and “if … the richest people or countries can do whatever they want in football, that would make the competition really difficult”. This is not mere speculation on his part, because Liverpool have indeed found the process of winning the domestic title in England, where the richest people or countries can do whatever they want in football, really difficult.

Guardiola meanwhile insisted City should be issued with an apology. “I’m incredibly happy for the decision, which shows what all the people said about the club was not true,” he said. “If we did something wrong, we will accept the decision. But we have the right to defend ourselves when we believe what we have done is correct. Three independent judges said this.”

Woah there, Pep. The full decision has not yet been published, and what we have heard from Cas so far is that “most of the alleged breaches were either not established or time-barred”. So at least some of the alleged breaches must have been established, but not punishable because of the time-barring thing. This is not what innocence looks like, Pep. It is what a loophole looks like.

Pep is a cunt, such a check book manager........watch him spend like a possessed man come soon.

Still injured. If SU win tomorrow we would have 4 points over Leicester with 2 games to go. And they have Spurs and Utd left. 

Can not see Wolves winning all games as well. More than 90% sure that we do not need any points to finish top4.