The English Football Thread

Steve

Manure has too much firepower

it makes up for a dodgy defence (which is really only dodgy at LB, and one CB, and if/when De Gea makes one of his bizarre errors, plus the occasional Pogba drifting brain fart)

• Replies 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Manure has too much firepower

it makes up for a dodgy defence (which is really only dodgy at LB, and one CB, and if/when De Gea makes one of his bizarre errors, plus the occasional Pogba drifting brain fart)

based on their form since fernandes arrived they deserve top 4 but they would be 10 points off still if the refs had not given them all those ridiculous pens. Disgusting

3 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

they are bound to lose at some point butthey are just too good. even when fernandes has a shit day, there are still 3 attackers to save the day. not like us where we have basically one player who is a goal threat

And even that shoots over..  it doesnt help we don't have a defence either. Fernandes has made such a difference to that team unfortunately..win or draw this and be 10th league game unbeaten

In the cup we have to do to them what they did to us, hit them on the counter, we are in no shape to play open footy with the form we are in.
I would play with our B team because PL is way more important. If we beat Pool and Norwich, we are in CL

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I would play with our B team because PL is way more important. If we beat Pool and Norwich, we are in CL

Sure is but I for one will be fuming if we give these cunts another win....

accordign to sky stats, rashford and greenwood had top speeds of 36.3 and 37.6kmh. i think its bullshit bc that would both be faster than the all time records in every other professional league. both have incredible pace tho.

23 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Fuck it...we ourselves blew it and invited them back with open arms. Third is a goner for me.

all my calculations for the past week I have put up assumed Manure winning out, and thus we are playing for 4th

I never even got into 5th spot (despite my ranting about Shitty in other threads)

so it is still entirely in our hands

just wish we had another shit team besides Norwich in the 3, and not the fucking world champions who are charging now for multiple all time English football records

I fully accept the last day Wolves game, zero issues with that, it is the best way to earn it

I simply cannot see anyone catching us if we end up on 66 or especially 67 points

f we end up on 67

and Leicester comes into the Manure game on 65 and Manure rolls over, BUT I cannot see that, as Manure would be coming into the game on 67 (they would be guaranteed CL as they crush us on GD) and a loss to a 65 point Leicester would cost them 3rd

the true nightmare (and really possible if Leicester beat both SU and Spuds)

(and this is where true skulduggery takes place)

is IF we finish with 66 (meaning we lose to Liverpool and win the other 2) AND Leicester also win the 2 coming into the manure game

they would be on 65 coming in, manure on 67 coming in, so a draw guarantees (as Leicester crush us on GD) Manure 3rd, Leicester 4th, us 5th (on GD)

THAT would be shady as fuck, especially if both teams park the bus most of the game

and remember, they could do it NOT knowing our result v Wolves, as even a win by us is not enough, they both top us with a draw

accordign to sky stats, rashford and greenwood had top speeds of 36.3 and 37.6kmh. i think its bullshit bc that would both be faster than the all time records in every other professional league. both have incredible pace tho.
Lukaku for instance is faster than Rash and he is not faster than 37 kmh. Probably something like 35 kmh.

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

all my calculations for the past week I have put up assumed Manure winning out, and thus we are playing for 4th

I never even got into 5th spot (despite my ranting about Shitty in other threads)

so it is still entirely in our hands

just wish we had another shit team besides Norwich in the 3, and not the fucking world champions who are charging now for multiple all time English football records

I fully accept the last day Wolves game, zero issues with that, it is the best way to earn it

I simply cannot see anyone catching us if we end up on 66 or especially 67 points

f we end up on 67

and Leicester comes into the Manure game on 65 and Manure rolls over, BUT I cannot see that, as Manure would be coming into the game on 67 (they would be guaranteed CL as they crush us on GD) and a loss to a 65 point Leicester would cost them 3rd

the true nightmare (and really possible if Leicester beat both SU and Spuds)

(and this is where true skulduggery takes place)

is IF we finish with 66 (meaning we lose to Liverpool and win the other 2) AND Leicester also win the 2 coming into the manure game

they would be on 65 coming in, manure on 67 coming in, so a draw guarantees (as Leicester crush us on GD) Manure 3rd, Leicester 4th, us 5th (on GD)

THAT would be shady as fuck, especially if both teams park the bus most of the game

I see what you mean, lets take care of Norwitch and see where that takes us. No matter what I will find it disgusting if we lose out on CL considering the gap we had....

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

Lukaku for instance is faster than Rash and he is not faster than 37 kmh. Probably something like 35 kmh.

Not sure about Lukaku being faster but 35kmh sounds about right. Greenwood i dont know. He used to be super quick as a teen but i have never seen his top speed in a match so far. Still all three have a good mix of acceleration top speed and still not being midgets.

Yeah I'd shithouse against United personally. 

Since the restart, Bruno and Pogba are finding it easy to make space through passing channels, to which they then transition it to their attackers who are absolutely frightening when given space. 

United are well suited to not being opened up like we do, because they have a domineering physical team which is suited to the league and won't be bullied. Our team is lightweight in comparison and when we play more physical teams, does sometimes looks like men against boys.

1 minute ago, Stats said:

United are well suited to not being opened up like we do, because they have a domineering physical team which is suited to the league and won't be bullied. Our team is lightweight in comparison and when we play more physical teams, does sometimes looks like men against boys.

they are not even that big. Only maguire is somewhat physically imposing, pogba, matic a bit less so but they have 0 midgets, every player is at least just about strong enough to not get bullied. but i dont think that is the only key to success. city are way better with a team full of midgets. but IMO you need to have physical players in the right positions like DM and CB and that is what they have. We really could use a nice, strong 6'3 DM as well.

4 minutes ago, Stats said:

Good point, but it also depends how you move the ball, passing etc which city does so well and they are def not that physical.

Not sure about Lukaku being faster but 35kmh sounds about right. Greenwood i dont know. He used to be super quick as a teen but i have never seen his top speed in a match so far. Still all three have a good mix of acceleration top speed and still not being midgets.

Lukaku leaked Man Uniteds training data. Lukaku is faster than 36 khm. Rashford is around 35 kmh and Greenwood is 34 kmh.

5 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

they are not even that big. Only maguire is somewhat physically imposing, pogba, matic a bit less so but they have 0 midgets, every player is at least just about strong enough to not get bullied. but i dont think that is the only key to success. city are way better with a team full of midgets. but IMO you need to have physical players in the right positions like DM and CB and that is what they have. We really could use a nice, strong 6'3 DM as well.

Pogba is big. Matic is big. Bissaka is very strong. Maguire powerful. Shaw powerful. Even their attack are well built. They defo aren't able to get bullied easily.